Zoothie

Pre-interview registration required?

3 posts in this topic

We have an interview scheduled for October in Warsaw (CR1). My wife is from Belarus. 

According to numerous posts here, we must register @ ustraveldocs even to get inside.

However, the embassy website says otherwise for those from Belarus:

U.S. Embassy Warsaw, Poland - WRW

Please follow the steps below before your immigrant visa interview at the U.S. Consulate General in Warsaw, Poland.

Step 1: Register your appointment online

You need to register on the website. Registration provides us with the information we need to return your passport to you after your interview. Registration is free. Click the “Register” button below to register.

Residents of Belarus should not register online.

(The link is here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/WRW-Warsaw.html)

Anybody had a similar experience recently?! I am a bit worried about this.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
2 hours ago, Chancy said:

Requesting input from @slavaskii

Thanks for looping me in here! I myself will call @StevenInAtlanta, as he just went through spousal in Warsaw. Even though his spouse is from Russia, it's strange to me Russians would need to register but Belarusians not. I was K1, so all of us, including Belarusian applicants, needed to use USTravelDocs.

For OP: I would assume you should follow the instructions and not register if your spouse is a resident of Belarus. My guess is that it would ask you a delivery address for your passport, but because you're out-of-country, it will automatically be shipped to the pick-up-point. The confusion with USTravelDocs is that the platform is primarily for nonimmigrant visas, which it seems like the majority of people on R/U/B have (K1 included), so that's why we repeatedly reference it. That doesn't solve the mystery as to why Polish and Russian applicants need to use it, but I digress.

Nonetheless, if nobody else here can help, you can and should call the Embassy and ask. I think it's technically TravelDoc support, but everyone I've gotten on the line knows the procedure inside and out and never led me astray. Best time to call them is very, very early in the morning US time (the times listed on their webpage are Polish). 

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.