20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Macedonia
Timeline

I've gotten one ticket in my life and have been pulled over 5 times!!!

Time 1.) A police officer pulled me over because he thought I was following the car in front of me. My dad had rented a car and was taking the car back to the rental place, I was following him so I could take him home. The cop pulled in behind me and followed me following my dad for quite awhile, not pulling me over until I was on the interstate!!! Didn't get a ticket.

Time 2.) While driving with a friend of mine in D.C. (actually going about 5 below the speed limit of 40 because we were looking for a specific road), I got pulled over for having Tennessee tags in the district. The officer asked to see my driver's license (issued from TN, I was doing an internship for school in D.C.), commented that I must be from TN, and asked my friend and I what we were doing tonight! Told us to be safe, gave me back my license, and drove away. Again, no ticket.

Time 3.) I was paged to work at 2am because one of my patients was having a heart transplant. This was my first heart transplant and I must admit, I was a little overly excited. I was driving across a 4-lane bridge (limit: 40mph) that ends in a commercial area (limit: 25mph) and I was going 63mph... I got pulled over in the 25mph area. When the cop came to my door, all I could stammer out was... "I have patient, heart transplant, now, hospital." And I'm pointing to my hospital ID like an idiot because I'm nervous about the transplant and the time and the fact that I was going 63 in a 25... The cop asked how useful I would be to the patient if I were dead and of course I answered... well, no use. He said, exactly, slow it down. No ticket again! *does happy dance*

Time 4.) Was driving from Tennessee to Washington D.C. and got pulled over for going 85 in a 70. The cop saw all the stuff in my car and said, "Are you moving?" I said, "Yes, sir. I just got a job in D.C." He said, "All right miss, please try to slow it down." No ticket!!!

Time 5.) On my way to work one day, I'm going a little over the speed limit of 40mph. All of a sudden I see lights behind me and hear a siren... I pull over, but the cop motions me to follow him (the area wasn't really a good area to be stopped). I follow him to a local grocery store and we pull in. He comes up to my car and says (and this I'm not kidding bout). "Ma'am, do you know how fast you were going?" Me: "Well, I think I was going the speed limit." Cop: "I clocked you going 42mph, you know the speed limit is 40?" Me: "Well... yes, I did." The cop then writes me a ticket... I didn't even know what to say... 42 in a 40!!!!! Aargh!!!

[font="Tahoma"][color="#9932CC"]10/01/2007 Sent I-129F
10/02/2007 @10:55am Arrived CSC
10/30/2007 NOA1 issued
11/01/2007 Touched
11/05/2007 Check cashed and paper NOA1 received
11/11/2007 Touched![/color][/font]

Time 1.) A police officer pulled me over because he thought I was following the car in front of me. My dad had rented a car and was taking the car back to the rental place, I was following him so I could take him home. The cop pulled in behind me and followed me following my dad for quite awhile, not pulling me over until I was on the interstate!!! Didn't get a ticket.

Time 2.) While driving with a friend of mine in D.C. (actually going about 5 below the speed limit of 40 because we were looking for a specific road), I got pulled over for having Tennessee tags in the district. The officer asked to see my driver's license (issued from TN, I was doing an internship for school in D.C.), commented that I must be from TN, and asked my friend and I what we were doing tonight! Told us to be safe, gave me back my license, and drove away. Again, no ticket.

Is either one illegal?! :o

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Macedonia
Timeline

Nope... cops are sometimes a little crazy... :P

[font="Tahoma"][color="#9932CC"]10/01/2007 Sent I-129F
10/02/2007 @10:55am Arrived CSC
10/30/2007 NOA1 issued
11/01/2007 Touched
11/05/2007 Check cashed and paper NOA1 received
11/11/2007 Touched![/color][/font]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Looking at things from the other side I once stopped a guy in a Peugeot 205GTi doing 102mph in a 40 zone. He was quite abusive at the time and denied exceeding the speed limit at all.

My choice was to give a ticket or report for speed dangerous and reckless driving, his unwillingness to even admit he had been speeding plus the abuse got the latter. In court he again denied what had happened and called me a liar. Pity he didn't know on that stretch of road one of the first speed cameras in London had been installed and I produced the photographic evidence which in fact showed him doing 105mph. The Court disqualified him for 2 years and then said as his manner at the time of the offence showed an inability to even recognize his error he would have to re take a driving test before he got his licence back. He also got a very hefty fine as well.

If he had been willing to admit his speed he would probably have got away with a fixed penalty ticket and 3 points on his licence.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Looking at things from the other side I once stopped a guy in a Peugeot 205GTi doing 102mph in a 40 zone. He was quite abusive at the time and denied exceeding the speed limit at all.

This guy was an idiot and deserved what he got.

Fortunately, California cops seem to be rather tolerant and understand that driving 75 mph on a freeway is perfectly safe :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.