DrJayRough

NVC expedite approved, but...

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi All,

First of all, thanks to all VJ members for their unmatched support and knowledge of the process! Without you our journey would be a lot harder and unpredictable. 

We are getting close to having our interview appointment at the US embassy in Madrid. We asked to expedite NVC stage second time on Aug 29 and got approved on Aug 31, but when we got an email from NVC they mentioned the following: ¨Please be advised that the earliest Madrid can schedule this case is November given current scheduling.¨ (also see the attachment). This is really weird as we know that Madrid embassy is being very quick these days and takes 1-1.5 months to schedule interviews after DQ. Without the expedite request we were expecting to be DQ´ed around Sep 20, so we would probably be scheduled for the interview in Nov anyways (I understand it is speculations, but it is based on data from 7 people, so there is some legitimacy for that assumption). This basically seems to cancel any time advantage that we may gain after getting expedite approval.

The email was received from NVC. How much am I supposed to trust it? Can we ask the Embassy to speed things up? CEAC status check says ¨Ready¨.

Thank you!

image.thumb.png.c05a91db8aa3f042c9d7f0498eff43d5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

The words "expedite" and "fast" are not synonymous.  You'll just to wait for the Consulate to work you in somewhere. Looks like they are not willing to bump interviews NVC has already scheduled.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

The words "expedite" and "fast" are synonymous.  You'll just to wait for the Consulate to work you in somewhere. Looks like they are not willing to bump interviews NVC has already scheduled.

thanks for your answer. So, you mean that they have interviews up to November already scheduled? Maybe Madrid is getting slower 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, DrJayRough said:

thanks for your answer. So, you mean that they have interviews up to November already scheduled? Maybe Madrid is getting slower 

I'm not sure how far in advance NVC schedules interviews for Madrid. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
7 hours ago, Adam Macy said:

Hi -- just curious what the basis of your expedite request was, and also when the interview finally is? 

Hi Adam,

We asked to expedite based on a pending job offer in the U. S. We contacted Embassy separately via their online form on Sep 7th and got a reply that the interview is scheduled for Sep 27th 2022.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2022 at 11:33 AM, DrJayRough said:

Hi All,

First of all, thanks to all VJ members for their unmatched support and knowledge of the process! Without you our journey would be a lot harder and unpredictable. 

We are getting close to having our interview appointment at the US embassy in Madrid. We asked to expedite NVC stage second time on Aug 29 and got approved on Aug 31, but when we got an email from NVC they mentioned the following: ¨Please be advised that the earliest Madrid can schedule this case is November given current scheduling.¨ (also see the attachment). This is really weird as we know that Madrid embassy is being very quick these days and takes 1-1.5 months to schedule interviews after DQ. Without the expedite request we were expecting to be DQ´ed around Sep 20, so we would probably be scheduled for the interview in Nov anyways (I understand it is speculations, but it is based on data from 7 people, so there is some legitimacy for that assumption). This basically seems to cancel any time advantage that we may gain after getting expedite approval.

The email was received from NVC. How much am I supposed to trust it? Can we ask the Embassy to speed things up? CEAC status check says ¨Ready¨.

Thank you!

image.thumb.png.c05a91db8aa3f042c9d7f0498eff43d5.png

Hello

I’m doing Consular Processing in Madrid too and I’m waiting for the NVC to review my civil docs. My sponsoring employer requested an expedite before submitting the docs and got denied, but the plan is to try again once they are reviewed, and I’m  trying to understand the timeline from this point on...

You said that you know other cases that were scheduled in 1-1,5 months? 

You mention you requested the expedite “second time”, did you get denied the first time? Did you request the expedite before of after the review?

Once you got the request approved and NVC sent you that email, did you contact the embassy to get an earlier appointment?

Thanks in advance for your help, I haven’t been able to find many other cases from Spain and reading about a first hand experience is really useful!

Timeline

Hi, 

27 minutes ago, EIK said:

You said that you know other cases that were scheduled in 1-1,5 months? 

I think this is an outdated information. From what I am seeing now, it takes them 2 months to schedule a date (maybe even longer). I mean specifically for the immediate relatives category (yours might be different).

28 minutes ago, EIK said:

You mention you requested the expedite “second time”, did you get denied the first time? Did you request the expedite before of after the review?

I requested an expedite right after the first review at the NVC. It was denied. The second time I requested the expedite around 1.5 months into our second NVC review. It was approved.

29 minutes ago, EIK said:

Once you got the request approved and NVC sent you that email, did you contact the embassy to get an earlier appointment?

Yes, I did contact the Embassy directly and they scheduled the interview for us earlier than what the NVC´s email was suggesting.

Best of luck!

7 minutes ago, DrJayRough said:

Hi, 

I think this is an outdated information. From what I am seeing now, it takes them 2 months to schedule a date (maybe even longer). I mean specifically for the immediate relatives category (yours might be different).

I requested an expedite right after the first review at the NVC. It was denied. The second time I requested the expedite around 1.5 months into our second NVC review. It was approved.

Yes, I did contact the Embassy directly and they scheduled the interview for us earlier than what the NVC´s email was suggesting.

Best of luck!

Hello

Thanks a lot for your response! I'm employment-based so timing might be different, but at least it gives me an idea about the general backlog on Madrid's embassy. I think it might be worth it to try the expedite request again once the documents have been reviewed, it may save a month of waiting for the interview.

Thanks

Timeline
On 9/20/2022 at 9:16 AM, DrJayRough said:

Hi Adam,

We asked to expedite based on a pending job offer in the U. S. We contacted Embassy separately via their online form on Sep 7th and got a reply that the interview is scheduled for Sep 27th 2022.

Hi, 

what online form did you use? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.