RDG2022

RIO DE JANEIRO INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT & MEDICAL EXAMS

18 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
13 hours ago, susana_1983 said:

Hello! I received yesterday my approval for expedite my interview at RIO embassy. 

Hi @susana_1983, glad to hear that! Just out of curiosity, what did you argue to request the expedite?

Timeline
10 hours ago, susana_1983 said:

Basically all the nurses request the expedite because the shortage of health professionals in the US. 99% of approval :)

That's awesome, I'm really happy for you! It's been a long journey so far, but in your case things are finally speeding up. 🥳

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

While I am still waiting for any updates, here are some numbers from the Department of State Immigrant Visa Statistic with the monthly issuances from Rio de Janeiro 

First let's take a look on the total IV issuance. That includes Family and Employment. There are a few Diversity visas I grouped with family category.

image.thumb.png.6eb3bc09ab32f4d835df4f33e611535b.png

We can see that issuance peaked in Feb with 553 employment based applications and a total of 951 IVs. That does not mean necessarily 951 interviews, since some could be IVs issued in late 2019 and early 2020 that expired while the applicants were not allowed to travel to the USA and were re-issued without interviews.

Next I'll break down the Employment based visas

Timeline

Regarding employment based IV issuance in Rio de Janeiro, we have this breakdown:

image.thumb.png.03ebf4c653d0f69f7854fac852cfd30b.png

Again we see the peaks in Feb / Mar. There is also a pickup in ED5 visas. The reduction in the pace of issuance of EB1 - 3s from April to June was possibly the result of both the end of waived interviews that could have increased the numbers in previous months and the bottleneck in transferences from TSC to NVC experienced in Jan-Mar

21 hours ago, JBRE22022 said:

Regarding employment based IV issuance in Rio de Janeiro, we have this breakdown:

image.thumb.png.03ebf4c653d0f69f7854fac852cfd30b.png

Again we see the peaks in Feb / Mar. There is also a pickup in ED5 visas. The reduction in the pace of issuance of EB1 - 3s from April to June was possibly the result of both the end of waived interviews that could have increased the numbers in previous months and the bottleneck in transferences from TSC to NVC experienced in Jan-Mar

Thank you for sharing, that's pretty useful. 

As Sep is end of fiscal year, I'm curious how was the stratification

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 8/10/2022 at 9:47 PM, RDG2022 said:

Hi Folks - somebody awaiting an interview appointment at Rio de Janeiro's embassy, that can share the timeline?  

Hi @RDG2022, did you recive the appointment e-maiil?

Timeline

Hi everyone. regarding interview scheduling, I have received the interview scheduling email on 8/31. We were anxious since our 212e waiver wasn't approved until 09/07, but eventually everything went fine. The interview was scheduled for 10/21 (This was already scheduled in the AIS website, no flexibility to rescheduled). We scheduled the medical examination for 10/6 in Sao Paulo. 

A few points about the AIS website: its mandatory to schedule a CASV appointment for a date before the interview. There were options for the CASVs in São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Brasilia. The website opens a window of about 10 days before the interview to schedule the appointments, which are limited, so scheduling as soon as possible helps. At the AIS website you can also choose how the passports will be returned. You can choose courier service to your residence (for a BRL 60 per passport fee) or you can pickup at the CASVs in São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Brasilia with no extra fees. 

Timeline
12 hours ago, JBRE22022 said:

Hi everyone. regarding interview scheduling, I have received the interview scheduling email on 8/31. We were anxious since our 212e waiver wasn't approved until 09/07, but eventually everything went fine. The interview was scheduled for 10/21 (This was already scheduled in the AIS website, no flexibility to rescheduled). We scheduled the medical examination for 10/6 in Sao Paulo. 

A few points about the AIS website: its mandatory to schedule a CASV appointment for a date before the interview. There were options for the CASVs in São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Brasilia. The website opens a window of about 10 days before the interview to schedule the appointments, which are limited, so scheduling as soon as possible helps. At the AIS website you can also choose how the passports will be returned. You can choose courier service to your residence (for a BRL 60 per passport fee) or you can pickup at the CASVs in São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Brasilia with no extra fees. 

Really happy to know that you're almost there, @JBRE22022! Thanks for the very helpful information, it will help us to get our things in order in advance. Did you choose the courier service or to pickup at a CASV? Since I don't live near to a consulate, I'm wondering what would be the best option. I'm so traumatized by the process so far that I feel that picking up is the safest option. If we could know how long they take to issue the visa, it would make it easier to plan everything out. Nevertheless, I'll take a deep breath and probably choose the courier service.

Timeline

We'll pick it up at the São Paulo ASC. I am concerned how many days this might add vs picking it up in Rio ASC, but hopefully it will be fast

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/21/2022 at 5:22 AM, JBRE22022 said:

Hello, congrats on your interview! How did it go? Do you mind sharing your experience? Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.