Sundevil70

NVC welcome letter receipt timeframe?

88 posts in this topic

On 9/24/2022 at 4:15 AM, Mahmir said:

1-800-375-5283 and then say infopass for a live agent. 

Update

Hello,

I was able to speak to a live agent at USCIS based on your suggestion. They said cases are forwarded to NVC once approved. Hence, there is no information to give me after approval of my case rather advised that I should wait for NVC to reply my inquiry. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Babban said:

Update

Hello,

I was able to speak to a live agent at USCIS based on your suggestion. They said cases are forwarded to NVC once approved. Hence, there is no information to give me after approval of my case rather advised that I should wait for NVC to reply my inquiry. 

You can email NVCResearch@state.gov and see if they have even received your case yet, they won’t give your case # but you would at least know if NVC has received from USCiS

in the subject line put your case# 

in the email put names and dates of birth with a pic of your NOA2 letter… usually takes like 3-5 days for them to respond…. 

Edited by Mahmir
Misspellings

1 hour ago, Mahmir said:

You can email NVCResearch@state.gov and see if they have even received your case yet, they won’t give your case # but you would at least know if NVC has received from USCiS

in the email put names and dates of birth with a pic of your NOA2 letter… usually takes like 3-5 days for them to respond…. 

Wow, thanks fro this information. I have emailed them accordingly. I shall keep you update. Once again, thank you so much

On 9/26/2022 at 7:03 PM, Mahmir said:

Updates

Hi,

It appears that NVC has not yet received my case from USCIS. See NVC's reply below:

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry and the attached I-797 Notice of Action - Approval Notice. However, we do not have a record of receiving your approved petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

We will contact USCIS to determine the location of your petition. You do not need to take any action at this time. Thank you for your patience as we work with USCIS to make sure your case is moving forward.

Although the Form I-797 approval notice mentions a delay of up to 30 days for cases to be delivered to NVC from USCIS, current shipping times may be longer.

Once NVC receives this petition from USCIS and enters it into our system, all case parties will receive a notice that they can begin processing if a visa number is immediately available.

For more information, call USCIS's National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 or visit https://www.uscis.gov

Edited by Babban

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Babban said:

Updates

Hi,

It appears that NVC has not yet received my case from USCIS. See NVC's reply below:

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry and the attached I-797 Notice of Action - Approval Notice. However, we do not have a record of receiving your approved petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

We will contact USCIS to determine the location of your petition. You do not need to take any action at this time. Thank you for your patience as we work with USCIS to make sure your case is moving forward.

Although the Form I-797 approval notice mentions a delay of up to 30 days for cases to be delivered to NVC from USCIS, current shipping times may be longer.

Once NVC receives this petition from USCIS and enters it into our system, all case parties will receive a notice that they can begin processing if a visa number is immediately available.

For more information, call USCIS's National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 or visit https://www.uscis.gov

🤔🤔I don’t know why USCIS takes so long to send some approved petitions to NVC… BUT at least you know where it’s at.  Nothing to do at this point in time but wait..I would keep checking though every week.

1 minute ago, Mahmir said:

🤔🤔I don’t know why USCIS takes so long to send some approved petitions to NVC… BUT at least you know where it’s at.  Nothing to do at this point in time but wait..I would keep checking though every week.

The bureaucracy is beyond imagination. I will keep checking every week as advised and will be updating you accordingly. Once again, thank you so much. I really appreciate it. 

37 minutes ago, Mahmir said:

This  is another good thread to read about such issues. Looks like a lot of us are faced with these delays. 
Hope you hear good news soon. Good luck !!

On 9/28/2022 at 7:07 PM, Mahmir said:

Update..

I have contacted NVC again. They reached out to USCIS to locate my petition, but have not received a reply yet. I then contacted the USCIS and a lady collected all my details and promised to forward my inquiry to the USCIS office that approved by petition. She said I can call back on 26th October if I did mot hear anything from them.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Babban said:

Update..

I have contacted NVC again. They reached out to USCIS to locate my petition, but have not received a reply yet. I then contacted the USCIS and a lady collected all my details and promised to forward my inquiry to the USCIS office that approved by petition. She said I can call back on 26th October if I did mot hear anything from them.

USCIS is such a pain to deal with, wait wait wait that’s all the say….. i would keep emailing NVC each week. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
55 minutes ago, Babban said:

Update...

Hello,

My case status on USCIS Web have been changed to "Case Was Sent To The Department of State"

That means it is now at the NVC stage and waiting to be input into their systems  and then forwarded to your embassy. 🎉 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.