TeeKay11

Possible NVC expedite

3 posts in this topic

Hello all.

Hubby and I submitted our documents to NVC on May 5, got our AOS rejected 18 July (they said he doesn't qualify to use I-864EZ, even though we were sure he did🤷🏾‍♀️), and immediately made the correction (submitted I-864).. We have now gotten news that he has been booked for Enlisted Academy training in a different state with the earliest possible date being in January and latest being in March. I can't go with him for the duration of his training, so he wants me Stateside and settled before he has to go.

Now for the questions:

1) Are these valid grounds for expedition at NVC?

2) Will sending an expedite request affect my wait time for documents review?

3) How long does it take to hear if our request for expedite has been accepted or denied?

4) What supporting documents would we need to provide?

We're dealing with the London Embassy.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 minutes ago, TeeKay11 said:

Hello all.

Hubby and I submitted our documents to NVC on May 5, got our AOS rejected 18 July (they said he doesn't qualify to use I-864EZ, even though we were sure he did🤷🏾‍♀️), and immediately made the correction (submitted I-864).. We have now gotten news that he has been booked for Enlisted Academy training in a different state with the earliest possible date being in January and latest being in March. I can't go with him for the duration of his training, so he wants me Stateside and settled before he has to go.

Now for the questions:

1) Are these valid grounds for expedition at NVC?

2) Will sending an expedite request affect my wait time for documents review?

3) How long does it take to hear if our request for expedite has been accepted or denied?

4) What supporting documents would we need to provide?

We're dealing with the London Embassy.

1.Not valid grounds for expedite. UK has no backlog so soon as you are DQ'd you should have a Interview within 30 days. If he was being deployed that's grounds for expedite. But all you can do is ask. But most embassies require you be DQ'd first to be considered.

2. Requesting expedite doesn't remove you from the wait queue if denied you do not lose your place.

3. Usually hear back within 1 to 2 weeks.

4. All documentation proving your reason for expedite.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

1 hour ago, dwheels76 said:

1.Not valid grounds for expedite. UK has no backlog so soon as you are DQ'd you should have a Interview within 30 days. If he was being deployed that's grounds for expedite. But all you can do is ask. But most embassies require you be DQ'd first to be considered.

2. Requesting expedite doesn't remove you from the wait queue if denied you do not lose your place.

3. Usually hear back within 1 to 2 weeks.

4. All documentation proving your reason for expedite.

Thank you so much for your all your help. If it clears up things a bit more, they've put this training down as a TDY.. Don't know whether that even helps or not.

The only reason I'm starting to get antsy is because people who have been DQd recently  (June 2022), are still waiting for an IL from the London Embassy. Otherwise everything has gone quite smoothly for us, our i-130 was approved in 2 months so really I can't complain.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.