Iva7

Income for I-864EZ

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hello everyone, my husband and I are filling out form I-864EZ for the affidavit of support. In the instructions it says only the most recent tax transcript is needed, but then questions 6a, 6b and 6c are asking for the total income from most recent, 2nd most recent and 3rd most recent year.

Do we need to provide the income for all 3 years or only the most recent one, as that is the only transcript we are providing? Just want to make sure we don't make a mistake. 

Thank you! 

3 minutes ago, Iva7 said:

Do we need to provide the income for all 3 years or only the most recent one, as that is the only transcript we are providing?

Income figures from the 3 most recent tax years are required.  But only the tax paperwork from the most recent tax year is required.  The paperwork from the other 2 years are optional.

7 minutes ago, Iva7 said:

my husband and I are filling out form I-864EZ

If you are going through DCF, I assume the USC petitioner is working abroad?  Does the USC have US-based income and W2 forms from their employer?  Qualifying income documented in W2 forms is a requirement for using I-864EZ.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Chancy said:

If you are going through DCF, I assume the USC petitioner is working abroad?  Does the USC have US-based income and W2 forms from their employer?  Qualifying income documented in W2 forms is a requirement for using I-864EZ.

Thank you for your answer! He is working abroad but his company is American, so he has W2 forms. We should still qualify for I-864EZ in this case, right? Otherwise, we can just do the I-864 form. 

1 minute ago, Iva7 said:

He is working abroad but his company is American, so he has W2 forms. We should still qualify for I-864EZ in this case, right?

Not a problem even if he is assigned abroad.  As long as he meets the criteria (including having W2s), using I-864EZ is fine.

Timeline
Just now, Chancy said:

Not a problem even if he is assigned abroad.  As long as he meets the criteria (including having W2s), using I-864EZ is fine.

Perfect, thank you!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.