lovda_pi

Hello All, need advice...or help

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, I am new here and need some advice. This is the most informative site I have found to help with our journey, Thanks to all...

We are just starting on our journey through the K-1 visa process, Now to the question, My fiancée is in the Philippines and is not sure of where and how to do some things, I have read all the guides and sent her what she needs to do, but she still is real unsure of things. For example she got a copy of her birth certificate but does not know if it is on the security paper that is required, she said its yellow and ask it that the right one, I do not know.

So basically what im asking is if any of the members here that have already started the process in the PI, would not mind if she ask them questions or needs someone to talk to about how things work. She does not know much about the internet, I have told her about this site but she does not know how to surf that is why I cut and paste allot of things to her but she has more questions I cannot answer. If you know of or would not mind helping us out we would appreciate it very much. Just I'm me and I can provide contact details to you, take care and may we all reach our ultimate goal.

Thanks

Chad and Norie

Met 22 Sept 06

Said I love u 24 Dec 06

went to visit 12 May 07

Started paper work Jun 07

Sent I-129 Aug 07 rcvd 22 Aug 07

NOA1 notice date 03 Oct 07

NOA2 notice date 06 Feb07

USEM rcvd 05Mar08

Interview 14 May 08

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I dont know much about the phillipine process but my best advise would be to post in the phillipine forum here you might get lucky with some great answers there , good luck Lona

129f for K1 visa filed in march 07 check my timeline for full info

03 March 2008 , received welcome letter and 2 year GC yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

22 NOV 2009 to lift condition GC expires 22 Feb 2010

24 Nov 09 send in I 751 ( ROC , in VT )

25 Nov 09 Your item was delivered at 12:10 PM in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479 to INS .

30 Nov 09 Check Cashed

21 Dec 09 biometric

On March 9, 2010, we ordered production of your new card.

12 March 2010 received approval letter in mail

16 March 2010 10 year Green Card received in mail exp date March 09 / 2020

April 14/2017 send N400 

04/25/17 credit card charged 

04/25/17 e mail NOA send 

05/01/17 hard copy of NOA dated 04/25 received in mail

05/06/17 biometric hard copy in mail 

05/19/17 Biometric appointment in Hartford CT 

07/17/17 Inline for Interview 

07/24/17 Interview letter in mail 

08/24/17 Interview in Springfield MA ... Yes Aproved

09/14/17 Oath Ceremony .... done I am a US citizen

09/22/17 Applied for Passport ( per reg mail ) 

10/04/17 got passport in mail  

10/13/17 got certificate in mail  , updated status with social security office 

AM DONE YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 

Timeline
Hello, I am new here and need some advice. This is the most informative site I have found to help with our journey, Thanks to all...

We are just starting on our journey through the K-1 visa process, Now to the question, My fiancée is in the Philippines and is not sure of where and how to do some things, I have read all the guides and sent her what she needs to do, but she still is real unsure of things. For example she got a copy of her birth certificate but does not know if it is on the security paper that is required, she said its yellow and ask it that the right one, I do not know.

So basically what im asking is if any of the members here that have already started the process in the PI, would not mind if she ask them questions or needs someone to talk to about how things work. She does not know much about the internet, I have told her about this site but she does not know how to surf that is why I cut and paste allot of things to her but she has more questions I cannot answer. If you know of or would not mind helping us out we would appreciate it very much. Just I'm me and I can provide contact details to you, take care and may we all reach our ultimate goal.

Thanks

Chad and Norie

Sorry I thought i did...thanks

Met 22 Sept 06

Said I love u 24 Dec 06

went to visit 12 May 07

USEM rcvd 05Mar08

Interview 14 May 08

Thanks

Chad and Norie

If the BC (birth certificate) she had came from NSO (the colored ones), then yes, it is on the required Security paper. There are a lot of things both of you can learn from this site, especially reading Sheriff Uling's Guide on K-1 Processing. You can also post questions here and members will be glad to help and asnwer your querries. If she can get hold on a computer, she can e-mail/send pm ("private message") to members here (Philippine section). Good luck on your visa journey.

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Claudeth had to make sure she had the long form birth certificate that lists the parents. She got her NBI clearance from a local office in CDO that requested the national clearance, not the local one. http://www.nbi.doj.gov.ph/ You need to be aware of the CFO certificate that Filipinos must have if they are moving over-seas. http://www.cfo.gov.ph/ She will need to get a passport. http://www.dfa.gov.ph/

What area is she from? She will need to go to Manila for the medical and the interview. I got my wife (fiancee) and her Mother a room at the Bayview right across the street from the embassy for a week. It wasn't all that expensive, I believe it cost me about $160 for the full week.

If you can think of any other questions please feel free to ask me.

Good luck :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline
Claudeth had to make sure she had the long form birth certificate that lists the parents. She got her NBI clearance from a local office in CDO that requested the national clearance, not the local one. http://www.nbi.doj.gov.ph/ You need to be aware of the CFO certificate that Filipinos must have if they are moving over-seas. http://www.cfo.gov.ph/ She will need to get a passport. http://www.dfa.gov.ph/

What area is she from? She will need to go to Manila for the medical and the interview. I got my wife (fiancee) and her Mother a room at the Bayview right across the street from the embassy for a week. It wasn't all that expensive, I believe it cost me about $160 for the full week.

If you can think of any other questions please feel free to ask me.

Good luck :thumbs:

Thanks All for the replies.

She is in Quezon City now, I have read all the guides, but they do not explain what is the correct birth certificate to have, and she is shy so she will not ask a lot of questions she gets scared about the whole process. I know some have suggested she get on here but she is not that familiar with computers, basically just checks email. That is why I was thinking if someone else was going through the process then there would be comfort there having someone to talk to. Again thanks for the replies, I will be asking questions again :D , I will read all the guides again..

Chad

Met 22 Sept 06

Said I love u 24 Dec 06

went to visit 12 May 07

USEM rcvd 05Mar08

Interview 14 May 08

Timeline

Hi Chad. Welcome to VJ.

The kind of Birth Certificate that she will need is issued by the NSO (National Statistics Office) in the Philipiines. If you ask your sweetheart if she has her "Authenticated Live Birth Certificate", she will almost certainly know that terminology. That is the Name of the Type of Birth Certificate that the NSO issues. They print this ("issue it") on 'colored' paper that is unique to their office, to help minimize the potential of forgeries. This type of paper is referred to as NSO Security paper.

There are other kinds of "Birth Certificates" in the Philippines, issued by other kinds of governmental and quasi governmental agencies such as local Civil Registry Offices, etc, (not to mention a plethora of Illegal Rackets that issue FAKE Birth Certificates. (As an aside, yout sweetheart is in Quezon City, which is the historical CAPTIAL of FORGED DOCUMENT PURVEYORS" in the Philippines!).

These other kinds of Birth Certificates are not acceptable for purposes of US immigration (and not much accepted any more for any purpose WITHIN the Philippines either, I might add) because of the rampant use of forged documents (many produced historically out of Quezon City :) )

So to recap, ask your sweetheart if she has her "Authenticated Live Birth Certificate from the NSO". If yes..good to go. If not, then have her go down to the NSO office in person and fill out an application to get one. I beleive the current cost is like 120 or 150 pesos (3 bucks, more or less) per issuance.

Warm Regards,

Samby

PS. Even if she has the right one now, you will want to go down to the NSO office at some point and get about 2-4 more issuances of these. It's an easy thing to do while she is there in manila (QC) and you will need more "official copies" for many different bridges that you will cross during this journey. Easy to do now and the cost is basically wala! (nothing).

P.S.S. If she doesn't have her NSO "Authenticated Live Brith Certificate" now, I would suggest she go down sooner rather than later to get a single copy in order to review it and make certain that a) it is on file with the NSO and B) there arent any errors. There are many cases of filipino citizens whose birth was never registered (they need to follow a process of "Late Registration" or who are registered but have a variety of errors on their Aithenticated Live Birth Certificate - some examples include: Officially registered first names of "Baby Girl" or "Baby Boy", Errors in the Spelling of both First and/or Last Names, Incorrect Gender Designation, etc. (These are not hypotheticals - I personally know many filipinos with each of these problems). Why is it good to know ASAP if such problems exist? Because FIXING these errors, even the most seemingly obvious clerical errors in the Philippines can be a multi-step, mult-organization, mult-governmental level, mult-month ordeal that will definately try your patience and prepare you for your K1 Journey. :D

Wishing Everyone Speed, Success, Happiness and Love,

TinTin and Samby

Hi Chad. Welcome to VJ.

The kind of Birth Certificate that she will need is issued by the NSO (National Statistics Office) in the Philipiines. If you ask your sweetheart if she has her "Authenticated Live Birth Certificate", she will almost certainly know that terminology. That is the Name of the Type of Birth Certificate that the NSO issues. They print this ("issue it") on 'colored' paper that is unique to their office, to help minimize the potential of forgeries. This type of paper is referred to as NSO Security paper.

There are other kinds of "Birth Certificates" in the Philippines, issued by other kinds of governmental and quasi governmental agencies such as local Civil Registry Offices, etc, (not to mention a plethora of Illegal Rackets that issue FAKE Birth Certificates. (As an aside, yout sweetheart is in Quezon City, which is the historical CAPTIAL of FORGED DOCUMENT PURVEYORS" in the Philippines!).

These other kinds of Birth Certificates are not acceptable for purposes of US immigration (and not much accepted any more for any purpose WITHIN the Philippines either, I might add) because of the rampant use of forged documents (many produced historically out of Quezon City :) )

So to recap, ask your sweetheart if she has her "Authenticated Live Birth Certificate from the NSO". If yes..good to go. If not, then have her go down to the NSO office in person and fill out an application to get one. I beleive the current cost is like 120 or 150 pesos (3 bucks, more or less) per issuance.

Warm Regards,

Samby

PS. Even if she has the right one now, you will want to go down to the NSO office at some point and get about 2-4 more issuances of these. It's an easy thing to do while she is there in manila (QC) and you will need more "official copies" for many different bridges that you will cross during this journey. Easy to do now and the cost is basically wala! (nothing).

P.S.S. If she doesn't have her NSO "Authenticated Live Brith Certificate" now, I would suggest she go down sooner rather than later to get a single copy in order to review it and make certain that a) it is on file with the NSO and B) there arent any errors. There are many cases of filipino citizens whose birth was never registered (they need to follow a process of "Late Registration" or who are registered but have a variety of errors on their Aithenticated Live Birth Certificate - some examples include: Officially registered first names of "Baby Girl" or "Baby Boy", Errors in the Spelling of both First and/or Last Names, Incorrect Gender Designation, etc. (These are not hypotheticals - I personally know many filipinos with each of these problems). Why is it good to know ASAP if such problems exist? Because FIXING these errors, even the most seemingly obvious clerical errors in the Philippines can be a multi-step, mult-organization, mult-governmental level, mult-month ordeal that will definately try your patience and prepare you for your K1 Journey. :D

DITTO TO THE MAX ON EVERYTHING!!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.