brentjbeaver

FOIA request/how do I cancel?

3 posts in this topic

Has anyone had success filing a FOIA request related to a very out of time I-751? Does anyone know how to cancel?

We filed in August 2020 and no movement since. I filed an out of time request and there was no response. Filed N-400 in July 2021.

I filed a FOIA request in April and it had an estimated completion date of June 8, 2022. On June 2, 2022 we got my wife's N-400 scheduled for interview for July 14, 2022. 

Well we were already near the queue of the FOIA request so I figured why not see it through to completion. We were up to approximately 150th in queue and it kept kicking us to a later completion date. Finally June 15 came and went and they began moving us down the queue. We are now 1500th place in the queue with an estimated completion date of the already passed June 16th. 

So we have the N-400 scheduled. I want to just cncel. I dont want anything to get in the way of the July 14th interview (potential that the files dont get transferred to our field office). But there's nothing online about how to cancel. The FOIA email account stopped responding to me when I asked how to cancel. Calling they will not put you through to an agent regarding FOIA.

Our status is the following so I'm wondering if I can't stop it now that they've already pulled the docs: Case in Process-

The National Records Center is processing your responsive documents

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Just leave it. It won't affect anything 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.