LoveHeals

Oath Ceremony Cancelled - Houston Tx

14 posts in this topic

My Oath Ceremony that was scheduled to hold on April 30th, 2022, at the USCIS field office in Houston, Texas was cancelled that same day. 

During check-in, the officer at the front desk looked at my notice and asked if I got a call from them earlier? To which I responded "No" because I didn't get any. 

He then asked me to take a seat and wait for someone to address me. About ten minutes later, a female officer announced my name and walked up to me after I responded. 

Reason for Cancellation: She said they had a problem with their system and therefore could not print my certificate; that they'll re-schedule me for another oath ceremony. She also said she called and left a VM. 

This is shocking to me as it appears not a general issue as there were other applicants who naturalized that day. 

After I left the place, I quickly opened my phone to listen to the voice message the female officer left. 

Below is the VM - word for word

This message is for (My Name) - Unfortunately there is an issue with our system, and we could not print your certificate. Unfortunately, you will not be able to naturalize today. We are currently working on correcting the issue and once we get that corrected, we'll schedule you for another oath ceremony. We apologize for any inconveniences this might have caused you. 

Today is June 6 and I have not seen or heard any update. Please if you or someone you know have experienced a similar situation like this, kindly share your experience and let me know how you dealt with it. And to the experts here on VJ, kindly provide some guidance on how to move forward. 

Thank you

Cancellation and re-scheduling happened for me, too, for the N400 interview, Houston local USCIS office.

Also, I underwent the N400 interview on May 9th and I am still waiting for the notification for the Oath Ceremony. 

It really seems to me that Houston local USCIS office may be pretty busy...

Good luck with your wait, hope we all get some good news soon..

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Wow man! I was in houston field office same day april 30th 7 am and officer told me same things! They coundnt print my certificate! They scheduled me second time on June 15 and they called me 1 day prior my oath and AGAIN told me same things and cancelled my oath again. And i am still waiting since june 15. Did you get any update?

1. Try getting through a Tier 2 Officer using any means and ask if they have your case in que for next available oath .

2. Get InfoPass appointment and go in person , ask for Officer to check w N-400 Unit Supervisor if your case is set for next available oath.

3. Google your Congressman and ask them to help …( usually the have a Case Authorization Form for USCIS, complete sign and email it back with a copy of your DMV DL). 

33 minutes ago, Family said:

1. Try getting through a Tier 2 Officer using any means and ask if they have your case in que for next available oath .

2. Get InfoPass appointment and go in person , ask for Officer to check w N-400 Unit Supervisor if your case is set for next available oath.

3. Google your Congressman and ask them to help …( usually the have a Case Authorization Form for USCIS, complete sign and email it back with a copy of your DMV DL). 

I haven't heard anything since then and (options 2 & 3) are definitely my next line of action. Getting through a Tier2 officer has been very hard lately but I'll try again.

What do I need to say to get an infoPass appointment? I need suggestions. 

Thank you. 

4 hours ago, Sidpro said:

Wow man! I was in houston field office same day april 30th 7 am and officer told me same things! They coundnt print my certificate! They scheduled me second time on June 15 and they called me 1 day prior my oath and AGAIN told me same things and cancelled my oath again. And i am still waiting since june 15. Did you get any update?

Oh really? I haven't heard anything since then and it's not even funny. I've been waiting patiently for an update, but I need find a way to talk to someone in there.

How do you schedule someone for an oath ceremony, only to cancel a day before or same day, saying you couldn't print certificate of oath? Don't they print certificates before the ceremony? This is just completely confusing to me. 

Ideally, yes just for the asking ..but they want “ to resolve “ your issue before scheduling you . Short of facilitating direct communication with field office, insist on Infopass. 
Don’t be shy about reaching out to Congressional Liason. Attention to your case will get it out of the forgotten zone .

• 1 month later...

Something strange happened today. 

I checked my account and found this:

So, the status changed from " Your Forma N-400, Application for Naturalization, was placed in line for oath ceremony scheduling" to " Oath Ceremony Cancelled". Same day.

How can they cancel something that has not been scheduled? 

This is just too frustrating. Please I need your inputs. 

Screenshot_20220825-190248_Chrome.thumb.jpg.dc751e5278832bbb613335bd2a862ce5.jpg

Edited by LoveHeals

2 hours ago, Family said:

They had  you in que and looks like target date was set but for whatever internal reasons it’s now canceled. Did you ever make it to the InfoPass appointment?

No, I tried but the USCIS agent said she couldn't do it except for an emergency with documentation. 

What are my other options?

Thanks. 

I was hoping you already exercised that option and it was to get Congressman’s office to help. ..but at this point unless you have a time sensitive travel issue…it’s probably better for your nerves to just let it happen at their pace. The online changes at least tell you they are trying. Cheers!

• 11 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.