Vytra

IR2 Interview Finally Scheduled

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

The interview was scheduled for July 5. We received an email from the NVC

We created an account on the CGI Customer Portal to add a delivery address for the applicant. After doing so, we saw that no interview date was listed as scheduled. I decided to click "Schedule an interview" and found a date of July 27 available once classifying it as IR2. Is this legit? I was surprised that it allowed us to do that. The only information it asked for was the passport info, priority date, and case id #, but not the invoice ID #. 

Edited by Vytra

F2A Visa

I-130 submitted: 03/05/2020

I-130 NOA1: 03/10/2020

I-I30 NOA2: 02/03/2021

DQ at NVC: 06/24/2021

If you already received an email from NVC with your schedule there was no need for you to re-schedule it.  As it may take couple of days to update. 

Edited by Kath0920

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Kath0920 said:

If you already received an email from NVC with your schedule there was no need for you to re-schedule it.  As it may take couple of days to update. 

We rescheduled it because the day of July 5 was too early for us. 

Is it okay that I still rescheduled it and is the new date now officially recognized?

F2A Visa

@Vytra if you already have a confirmation with the July 27 and is already showing at CGI then it has been re-scheduled. If still in doubt you can call the Visa Services to confirm your appointment date. 

“Visa Information and Appointment Service at (632)792-8988 or (632)548-8223 in the Philippines between 8:00 AM-8:00 PM. If you are calling from the United States, call (703)520-2235 between 7:00 PM-7:00 AM EST / 6:00 PM-6:00 AM CST / 5:00 PM-5:00 AM MST / 4:00 PM-4:00 AM PST. The call center is open Monday through Friday, except on U.S. and Philippine holidays. Callers must have the case number, passport number, and passport expiry date for each applicant (principal applicant and derivative family members) ready when requesting a visa appointment.” 

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Kath0920 said:

@Vytra if you already have a confirmation with the July 27 and is already showing at CGI then it has been re-scheduled. If still in doubt you can call the Visa Services to confirm your appointment date. 

“Visa Information and Appointment Service at (632)792-8988 or (632)548-8223 in the Philippines between 8:00 AM-8:00 PM. If you are calling from the United States, call (703)520-2235 between 7:00 PM-7:00 AM EST / 6:00 PM-6:00 AM CST / 5:00 PM-5:00 AM MST / 4:00 PM-4:00 AM PST. The call center is open Monday through Friday, except on U.S. and Philippine holidays. Callers must have the case number, passport number, and passport expiry date for each applicant (principal applicant and derivative family members) ready when requesting a visa appointment.” 

Okay, thanks for letting me know. I will call to confirm.

I just felt unsure because on the website it only shows the option to reschedule for the nonimmigrant visa, not the immigrant one. Look under "Nonimmigrant Visa Application." Under "Immigrant Visa Application" there is no such option.

Apply for a U.S. Visa | Home - Philippines (English) (ustraveldocs.com)

F2A Visa

45 minutes ago, Vytra said:

I just felt unsure because on the website it only shows the option to reschedule for the nonimmigrant visa, not the immigrant one.

The description for scheduling/re-scheduling immigrant visa interview is on this page -- https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-iv-disclaimer.asp

Under "Immigrant Visas" -> "Apply for a Visa", there's a link that says: "I do not meet any of the conditions listed above, and I wish to schedule an immigrant visa appointment."

Timeline
2 hours ago, Chancy said:

The description for scheduling/re-scheduling immigrant visa interview is on this page -- https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-iv-disclaimer.asp

Under "Immigrant Visas" -> "Apply for a Visa", there's a link that says: "I do not meet any of the conditions listed above, and I wish to schedule an immigrant visa appointment."

Is it normal that when I created the CGI account there was no existing immigrant visa appointment listed? I went to schedule a new interview. I hope that the embassy will not assume that the date in the NVC letter is the valid one.

I tried calling the embassy countless times and they don't answer.

Edited by Vytra

F2A Visa

4 minutes ago, Vytra said:

Is it normal that when I created the CGI account there was no existing immigrant visa appointment listed?

The procedure may have changed since I re-scheduled my interview in 2021, or maybe it's just different for IR1 visa category.  Anyway, when I logged in to my account, there was no option for me to schedule via the portal.  The USEM call center agent I talked to at that time said that was normal for my visa category.  I suggest you keep trying to contact them to verify your interview appointment date listed in their system.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Chancy said:

The procedure may have changed since I re-scheduled my interview in 2021, or maybe it's just different for IR1 visa category.  Anyway, when I logged in to my account, there was no option for me to schedule via the portal.  The USEM call center agent I talked to at that time said that was normal for my visa category.  I suggest you keep trying to contact them to verify your interview appointment date listed in their system.

I decided to send them an email since they weren’t answering. The visa appointment confirmation letter did include a bar code.

F2A Visa

Timeline
15 hours ago, Chancy said:

I was not able to reach anyone. I kept getting hung up on after 15 minutes. I tried all night.

Pre-Interview checklist

Every applicant must bring the following documents to the immigrant visa interview:

A copy of your NVC interview letter (does not apply to Diversity Visa, fiancé(e), adoptive, or asylee/refugee applicants).

The issue is that my NVC letter has the original interview date. The new one is from ustraveldocs. Which one should I show?

F2A Visa

Timeline

Update:

I spoke to someone finally. They said to just bring the original NVC letter and new CGI letter if we want to come to the latter date (the CGI appointed date). As for the medical exam, we plan to do it 13 days before the interview and they said that was fine as well. 

Thanks everyone for your input.

F2A Visa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.