21 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't know what the wait time is in Columbia, but there was a time that you could get through the provcess at USCIS in two weeks or less...

IT WAS CALLED VERMONT....

YMMV

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hola Byron-Leidy,

Great Post!!! :thumbs: And, we would ALL like to know this process to expedite this process to a very short period. BUT, the reality of it is that we are all in the same boat...and our applications get processed in (more or less) the same period of time. Currently about 6 - 7 months. Those with RFE's may take a little longer. All other things being equal, we are treated equally by the USCIS. There are no "special favors" or whatever to expedite the process. It is simply a game of waiting...and waiting...and waiting. My wife uses the term frequently, "PACIENCIA, Craig, PACIENCIA!!"

On the bright :star: side, I have found that by communicating with my wife via e-mails and MSN Messenger that it has allowed me to "see" more about who she is and why I love her so much. For example: Recently I sent her some money for a new dress and shoes to wear when I make my next visit to Bucaramanga in September. In a very sweet e-mail to me, she explained that she gave some of the money to her father who was in a difficult moment. So, I saw a very generous and unselfish side to the woman I love very much. Instead of buying a dress and shoes...she gave help :help: and assistance. I was quite impressed with my wife!! I am very proud of her.

We are relatively "new" members of the VJer's and I spend a lot of time "looking and lurking" through the postings about the process. I have great respect for many of the "old timers" who give help, assistance and good answers to the postings. I recommend that you "relaje" about the process and allow things to proceed at their own pace. You are very early in the process (As are we!) and the best thing to do is listen to the advice you receive from others on this site. Believe me...IF there were a way to expedite the process to 1.5 months...we'd all be aware of it!!!! :star: My wife would tell you, "PACIENCIA Byron, PACIENCIA!" :yes:

Sincere regards,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I've heard this scenario before and there is some truth to it, but not for a K-1. Before the Adam Walsh act about 6 months ago, going DCF was the quickest route to a visa. If everything was assembled, a 1-2 month wait to visa was doable. Unfortunately I no longer believe this is the case due to Adam Walsh, and the new process is not nearly as quick. I'm not an expert on DCF, but the posts I've read on VJ about it seem to be inline with what you have heard.

K-1 Visa Timeline

4/9/07 - Mailed 129-f to CSC

4/10/07 - Received at CSC

4/11/07 - NOA1

8/3/07 - NOA2 116 days

8/6/07 - Touch (notice of approval)

8/21 - Sent to NVC (allegedly)

8/25 - 8/29 - Traveled to Ukraine to see my baby!

8/31 - Actually sent to NVC at 6:27pm (I knew that allegedly was appropriate)

9/7 - Received at NVC (finally), case number assigned!!!

9/11 - Sent by NVC to Kiev!

9/24 - Interview set via phonecall

9/25 - Medical Appt - passed!

11/2 - Interview - APPROVED

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

12/13 - Civil Marriage Ceremony

1/29 - Mailed AOS, EAD, AP

2/4 - NOA1

3/20 - EAD and AP approved

5/10 - Wedding Ceremony

5/27 - AOS Interview - APPROVED

Just be careful with what information is given to you. Everyone (not on this site...but in my world...lol) told me all kinds of things. I'm a researcher and gathered enough information to be able to do it the right way and not make any mistakes. (I found VJ after I sent in my petition...:( ) Just we very careful and take your friend's information with a grain of salt and do your own research. Maybe they DO know someone that can get you moved up on the interview docket or something. I don't know. Just make sure you know what you're doing before you do it. And if you do find out a secret formula.....bring in to us!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck!

Thanks, i wont be listening to fictional informatio anymore...by the way tracy, take it easy girl, no need to be so uptight...were all here to learn and try to get by this process..

Confused and uptight are the same thing? Well color me happy, I've learned something else today! :D:thumbs:

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
I've heard this scenario before and there is some truth to it, but not for a K-1. Before the Adam Walsh act about 6 months ago, going DCF was the quickest route to a visa. If everything was assembled, a 1-2 month wait to visa was doable. Unfortunately I no longer believe this is the case due to Adam Walsh, and the new process is not nearly as quick. I'm not an expert on DCF, but the posts I've read on VJ about it seem to be inline with what you have heard.

I think when it comes down to it we all want to find the magical way to expedite this process...im hope and pray for all of us that this goes fast and smooth!!!!!!!! and you are right i need "paciensia"...unfortunately , i dont have any!!!!!!!!!! by the way deron, its true i nhave heard from so many that they did it in such short time, but who knows how long ago and how true it is...one of my employees married his wife in Colombia 2 yrs ago and she was here in NY in less than 2 months...i could only beg and wish to be that lucky

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

4/20/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/19/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

7/4/07-returned to see her

10/17/07-Met Leidy in Panama for 5 days

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/29/07-Touch due to RFE arriving

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/15/07-NOA2 Sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

11/21/07-Left NVC for Consulate

11/22/07-Returned to see Leidy after her stay in the hospital..

11/23/07-Consualte received

11/26/07-Packet 3 sent to Leidy

12/04/07-Packet 3 received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

12/31/07-Interview date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

1/9/08- Leidy's overnight flight will arrive to JFK airport!!!!!!

Confused and uptight are the same thing? Well color me happy, I've learned something else today! :D:thumbs:

unlearn it fast they are sooooooo not the same thing lol

LifeacrossthePond

Removing Conditions (here we go again)

July 27th I-751 sent to Nebraska

July 30th USPS delivered

Aug 22nd check cashed

Aug 23rd I797C received - case been transferred to California

Aug 29th Biometrics Appt Letter arrived

Sept 12th Biometrics Appt Pittsburgh

Sept 24th email notice of Approval - card ordered !!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.