busyybeee

Interview date approaching..should I resubmit documents?

4 posts in this topic

My spouse cannot find the translated Birth Certificate that he uploaded in CEAC. His interview is in less than 3 weeks. He did make a new translated birth certificate. It says to email the consular for that country to open up the form. Does this mean he will have to resubmit the new birth certificate in CEAC ? If it is, will it take a while to review the case or somebody from the embassy will review it? He was thinking of taking the new one to the interview without submitting it, he does have a copy of the old BC. We also noted that one of the numbers is missing in his address that was submitted after reviewing the application thoroughly. Since there are 2 problems, should we email to the consular and resubmit or take a chance without fixing these issues? Helpp!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Greetings!

Just my opinion.

Did you mean that all documents were sent to NVC, accepted, reviewed, approved and completed? Meaning that he is documentarily qualified and that he is ready for interview?

Since he lost his translated birth certificate, was he asked to submit a new one through CEAC? or to bring it during his interview?

Most of the time you just have to bring that new translated birth certificate during the interview, and if the Consul will ask you to download or change anything, they will open it for you and have to change or upload it, as those are final unless it was instructed, just make sure that the translated one is the same as the one that you submitted earlier to NVC. Best of luck, NG

Edited by nelmagriffin

1 minute ago, nelmagriffin said:

Greetings!

Just my opinion.

Did you mean that all documents were sent to NVC, accepted, reviewed, approved and completed? Meaning that he is documentarily qualified and that he is ready for interview?

Since he lost his translated birth certificate, was he asked to submit a new through CEAC? or to bring it during his interview?

Most of the time you just have to bring that new translated birth certificate during the interview, and if the Consul will ask you to download or change anything, they will open it for you and have to change or upload it, as those are final unless it was instructed, just make sure that the translated one is the same as the one that you submitted earlier to NVC. Best of luck, NG

Hello. thank you for the reply. Yes, he ready for the interview.

No, they didn't say to upload anything. In the interview checklist, it says to email the consular of that country if you need to update or change anything and they will open the form and that to bring the originals to the interview. Since he can't seem to find the notarized BC from 2020 that we uploaded in NVC, he got one notarized on 5/17. He was able to download the old copy of BC from NVC. They are the same, just the notarized dates are different. Should he take the old copy and the new notarized BC to the interview? Also, since the petition was approved in Jan 2022, he should bring recent 2021 tax transcripts/W2 , I-864/updated job letter to the interview? We are getting nervous as the interview date is approaching. Thank you once again!!  

** I guess the correct term was the notarized date**

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Greetings!

I am not an expert, but when you have an interview, just bring whatever you got that you think might be ask, so that you do not have to go back and forth. if it is related then take it along with you. NG

Ex, if your police clearance is about to expire then have a new one ready. If you have your latest tax transcripts, have it ready too.

I am sure they that will not ask something that was not listed in the requirements. 

Goodluck, NG

Edited by nelmagriffin

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.