wizzard166

PHILIPPINE EMBASSY INTERVIEWS

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

When my wife obtained her Fiance Visa and came with me to Florida, it was July 2009.  After about half a year, when she was a Permanent Resident, she filed a Petition to bring her Son here too.  His category was Non Married Son Over The Age 21.  The Visa was immmediately approved, and that started the absurd 12 Year Wait for an Available Visa.  I personally tracked the changes every month with the date of his Priority Period, and that date was finally reached around March of 2021.  That began a need to send more documents, because NVC insisted I wasn't added as a Family Member eligible to be on the application.  Moral of the story is a couple of additional requests from them for more evidence and documents stretched things to this past March 10, 2022.  This is when we received a letter from the NVC stating that ALL DOCUMENTS WERE NOW RECEIVED AND APPROVED.

Now this whole ordeal just continues to go on and on, since the NVC sent the Completed Documents to the Embassy in Manila Philiippines for an Interview.  In the two months that have passed, we have not once received anything from the Embassy in Manila regarding receiving her Son's papers and scheduling of an Interview.  I've gone online to the US Embassy in the Philippines to see if I can get any sense of what they are doing.  The best I came up with is a page called the CONTACT page, on which you can file an Inquiry.  That page also has a paragraph saying how slow things are right now, and indicating that  as of April 30, 2022 they were currently working on Interviews for cases whose Documents were COMPLETE at the NVC in the Month of January 2022.  I completed for my wife an Inquiry back those first days of May, asking if they could expedite her Son's Interview.  I mentioned that my Wife sent him back to a four year University degree as an RN, while waiting for the twelve years to pass.  I suggested in the Inquiry that it would help the US to bring him here sooner than later.  We've of course heard nothing.

Can anyone give us some input on what we are in for; especially, with the Embassy being the one in Manila.  Has anyone had their Son or Daughter get an Interview in the last few months in Manila?  If so can you tell us what the date was that the NVC said your documents were ACCEPTED AND COMPLETE.

It's been many years since I was first one who looked for answers, and then helped others by contributing answers, after I filed a Fiance Visa for my wife to get here in April 2008.  My fellow members back then were wonderful with help and advice, and I'm hoping that now fifteen years later I'll receive some help again.

Thank you,

Carl

No real solution to give, since I'm in similar boat waiting for NVC to move fully DQ package to Embassy for under-21 in--laws, but I can suggest sometimes a request for info to your Congressperson asking for inter-agency assistance can yield a good result.

Hi Carl

Did NVC mention that they were expediting your son's case? My daughter's case was expedited by USCIS, NVC and the US Embassy in Manila and they still took nearly 3 months to interview her. It really takes a while and unless you have a bona fide emergency (ageing out, financial hardship, humanitarian reasons, etc) they will not expedite his interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.