haiku

Switzerland - Bern - how long did you have to wait for interview?

29 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone, 

Has anyone recently had their case processed at the US embassy in Bern? How long did it take from you DQ-ing to your interview taking place? I just got off the phone to NVC and they said some embassies are backed up by 1.5 years due to COVID, but they could not give me country specific information. I am just trying to get a sense of how long I may have to wait.

Best

Heike 

It’s been five years for us, so I can’t speak to the current situation.  However, from what I know about this embassy, turnaround is quite fast as there are so few people going through Bern (there aren’t many immigrant visas processed there).  While I can’t give you an actual estimate, I believe you’re most likely more in the “weeks” realm, not “months” or “years”.  No guarantees, of course.

Also, if you have your NVC number, you can contact the embassy (I emailed them at the time), and they’ll most likely get back to you fairly quickly. 

Best of luck! 

Edited by CMJuilland

ROC: 

12/30/2019 package sent to Texas Lockbox via USPS 

12/31/2019 package arrived at Texas Lockbox 

01/02/2020 package signed for

01/04/2020 $680 charged on credit card

01/06/2020 text message and email with case number received

01/09/2020 extension letter received; notice date: 01/03/2020

02/22/2020 biometrics appointment letter received 

03/06/2020 biometrics appointment 

08/09/2021 I-751 approved

08/16/2021 Green Card received

Naturalization:

12/29/2020 application filed online and receipt number received 

01/04/2021 hard copy NOA1 received 

02/27/2021 electronic biometric reuse letter received

09/19/2021 interview scheduled - electronic notice received 

09/27/2021 hard copy interview notice received (issue date: 09/21/2021)

10/27/2021 interview (10.40am), approved

11/06/2021 oath ceremony (7.30am) 

I AM A U.S. CITIZEN!!!!! 

Passport:

11/08/2021 appointment at USPS (2.00pm)

11/16/2021 money order cashed, passport “in process” (locator 69)

12/02/2021 approved and shipped

12/04/2021 passport book delivered

12/13/2021 passport card and NC delivered 

1 hour ago, haiku said:

Hi Everyone, 

Has anyone recently had their case processed at the US embassy in Bern? How long did it take from you DQ-ing to your interview taking place? I just got off the phone to NVC and they said some embassies are backed up by 1.5 years due to COVID, but they could not give me country specific information. I am just trying to get a sense of how long I may have to wait.

Best

Heike 

Hi! You can check out the estimate consulate timelines on here (I already selected Bern). As you can see the consulate in Bern is not backlogged at all. It should take about two weeks from the time you get DQ to the time you get the interview in Bern (I will be going through the same consulate, we submitted all documents to NVC on April 14th). I hope this helps!

https://visawhen.com/consulates/bern/cr1ir1

• 1 month later...
On 5/3/2022 at 9:31 PM, MSC2021 said:

Hi! You can check out the estimate consulate timelines on here (I already selected Bern). As you can see the consulate in Bern is not backlogged at all. It should take about two weeks from the time you get DQ to the time you get the interview in Bern (I will be going through the same consulate, we submitted all documents to NVC on April 14th). I hope this helps!

Hi did you receive any news from the NVC yet? I have submitted all the documents on May 31st and was trying to figure out how long it would take before I hear back from the NVC

11 minutes ago, ozzac said:

Hi did you receive any news from the NVC yet? I have submitted all the documents on May 31st and was trying to figure out how long it would take before I hear back from the NVC

Hi! The NVC review according to their official processing times that they release every Monday - takes about 75 days

we submitted on April 14th, so we should hear around June 25th, maybe earlier if we are lucky! 

You can check processing times on their website - updated every Monday 

Edited by MSC2021

51 minutes ago, MSC2021 said:

Hi! The NVC review according to their official processing times that they release every Monday - takes about 75 days

we submitted on April 14th, so we should hear around June 25th, maybe earlier if we are lucky! 

You can check processing times on their website - updated every Monday 

Thank you! Do you know if on the potential 75th day they give you answer or is it when they start looking at your documents? (Sorry for the silly question but I am trying to figure how this works)

2 minutes ago, ozzac said:

Thank you! Do you know if on the potential 75th day they give you answer or is it when they start looking at your documents? (Sorry for the silly question but I am trying to figure how this works)

Reviewing docs happen after 75 days… so yes that’s when they start looking at your docs - according to official processing times and peoples experiences. You should follow some treads on here about NVC specifically. You’ll find lots of information 

On 5/3/2022 at 9:31 PM, MSC2021 said:

Just to say thank you for this, I did look at it all those months ago ,but was a little overwhelmed with stress/other documents and forgot to come back to thank you. 

15 hours ago, ozzac said:

Hi Ozzac, we have been at NVC since August 2021. Several documents had to be fixed in the first round of feedback (Jan 22) and then one last document was rejected (again) in the April 2022 feedback. We called NVC 3 times to understand why it was rejected, and the officers on the phone could not tell us. They put the document in for a review, which was supposed to take 4 to 6 weeks. We heard no news after 6 weeks, so ended up putting in an expedite request (totally separate reason, but we were waiting to see if we had to use it or not). Our expedite request got approved on 10th and I'll have an interview in mid-July!

All the best to you, I know the waiting and uncertainty is REALLY stressful. 

8 hours ago, haiku said:

Hi Ozzac, we have been at NVC since August 2021. Several documents had to be fixed in the first round of feedback (Jan 22) and then one last document was rejected (again) in the April 2022 feedback. We called NVC 3 times to understand why it was rejected, and the officers on the phone could not tell us. They put the document in for a review, which was supposed to take 4 to 6 weeks. We heard no news after 6 weeks, so ended up putting in an expedite request (totally separate reason, but we were waiting to see if we had to use it or not). Our expedite request got approved on 10th and I'll have an interview in mid-July!

All the best to you, I know the waiting and uncertainty is REALLY stressful. 

Do you mind sharing what documents were rejected ? So nervous about that process. Great that you got the expedite and interview 🙏😊

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/14/2022 at 6:17 AM, haiku said:

Just to say thank you for this, I did look at it all those months ago ,but was a little overwhelmed with stress/other documents and forgot to come back to thank you. 

hi! we just got DQed Monday! How long did the embassy take to send you the interview notice from the DQ date? thank you!

Edited by MSC2021

On 6/13/2022 at 3:52 PM, ozzac said:

we got DQed Monday, and it was exactly 75 days from the day we submitted everything! so its definitely accurate!

10 minutes ago, MSC2021 said:

we got DQed Monday, and it was exactly 75 days from the day we submitted everything! so its definitely accurate!

Thank you so much and congrats on your DQ! Have you figured out how long it takes to get an interview in Bern?

Just now, ozzac said:

Thank you so much and congrats on your DQ! Have you figured out how long it takes to get an interview in Bern?

thanks and you are very welcome! Yours is coming really soon! I have not figured it out yet, I guess we'll wait and see. but what I know for sure is that not many immigrants visas are issued in Bern, so we might be lucky and won't have to wait that long! I'll keep you posted for sure :)

16 hours ago, MSC2021 said:

hi! we just got DQed Monday! How long did the embassy take to send you the interview notice from the DQ date? thank you!

Congrats! It was a matter of days for us, I am sure you will hear soon. We got an appointment one month later, but actually had to change it, so then we got an appointment 2 months later.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.