TWISTIE

Is it mandatory for K-1 applicant to get all vaccinations other than covid ones?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Wondering if its mandatory for k-1 applicant to get all the vaccinations other than covid ones in order to get interview at US embassy for K-1 visa or/and to enter into the US? Please know that I am not asking about covid vaccines, rather other ones which immigrants CR-1/IR-1 require? Thank you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

A bit of a nuanced question, technically, the K1 does not require any vaccines for the visa itself. Even in regard to COVID, apparently, the shot is no longer required for the exam (though I'm confused if it's required to 'travel' to the US; that would be the only one required, but the rules have been in flux).

However, the State Dept strongly suggests that, as you will undergo the same medical exam that an IR1/CR1 filer would (and will need to do them anyway for AOS), you vaccinate yourself ahead of time according to their standards. I believe either the CDC or State Department has a list, but I'm not sure if this is actually complete. I viewed a list a while ago that only had a fraction of the vaccines listed on my particular Embassy's instruction page. For example, Warsaw mentions a flu shot...?

I would recommend going to the US Embassy in India's website and seeing if they have a medical information PDF. On the last page of that should be a "vaccine information" document that lists it out in full. 

Edited by slavaskii

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.