Zain1244

Anyone's got interview date in Ghana?

27 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Zain1244 said:

@BEZthx, but I also heard one could be granted visa without any interview, how true is this ?

Interviews cannot be waived for immigrant visas. Interviews can waived for non-immigrant visas with a waiver + some additional requirements.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 4/21/2022 at 4:10 AM, BEZ said:

July 2020 dq will start interviews from May 2022 thanks

Hello.  My wife's mother was DQ'ed in late Oct 2020 so I'm hoping that they might get an interview sometime in Aug or Sept of this year??  But one thing I'm concerned about is her father was not DQ'ed until early Jan. 2021.  Even though both were filed together with the same paperwork, for some reason they approved the mother right away.  Then they found some issue with the marriage certificate with the father (even though it was the same document that was approved for the mother) and we had to upload a new copy.  So there is a 2.5 month gap between the DQ dates between mother and father....How do you think this will be handled?  Will they pull the father up to the same interview as the mother or will they push the mother out to the date of the father?

I'm assuming they will want to interview them together...but I'm not expert here.

Any thoughts/feedback would be appreciated!

Timeline
9 hours ago, bunky623 said:

Hello.  My wife's mother was DQ'ed in late Oct 2020 so I'm hoping that they might get an interview sometime in Aug or Sept of this year??  But one thing I'm concerned about is her father was not DQ'ed until early Jan. 2021.  Even though both were filed together with the same paperwork, for some reason they approved the mother right away.  Then they found some issue with the marriage certificate with the father (even though it was the same document that was approved for the mother) and we had to upload a new copy.  So there is a 2.5 month gap between the DQ dates between mother and father....How do you think this will be handled?  Will they pull the father up to the same interview as the mother or will they push the mother out to the date of the father?

I'm assuming they will want to interview them together...but I'm not expert here.

Any thoughts/feedback would be appreciated!

@bunky623I'm not an expert though but ones they were not approved at the same time I believe the woman will go for her interview b4 the man does,  I've seen such situation b4...

And with the interview date Chale no one knows oooo...

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ghana
Timeline
8 hours ago, Zain1244 said:

@bunky623I'm not an expert though but ones they were not approved at the same time I believe the woman will go for her interview b4 the man does,  I've seen such situation b4...

And with the interview date Chale no one knows oooo...

Thanks Zain1244!  That's actually a bit surprising to me but I certainly believe it is possible.  The only part that might make that a little problematic is that my wife's mother only speaks Twi, doesn't speak English.  So if she were to be called for the interview by herself, would that pose a problem?

As for guessing the interview date I'm just making the assumption that if they are working on late July 2020 DQ's right now, and her mother is late Oct, that is a 3 month difference.  So if they are scheduling May 2022 interviews now, maybe she'd get one in Aug/Sept 2022?  But of course that is based on many assumptions....

Timeline
1 hour ago, bunky623 said:

Thanks Zain1244!  That's actually a bit surprising to me but I certainly believe it is possible.  The only part that might make that a little problematic is that my wife's mother only speaks Twi, doesn't speak English.  So if she were to be called for the interview by herself, would that pose a problem?

As for guessing the interview date I'm just making the assumption that if they are working on late July 2020 DQ's right now, and her mother is late Oct, that is a 3 month difference.  So if they are scheduling May 2022 interviews now, maybe she'd get one in Aug/Sept 2022?  But of course that is based on many assumptions....

@bunky623 with her speaking only Twi, I think you can call the embassy here to find out how to go around this situation ahead of time,  hopefully they might give you some insight on how to work that out...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.