Mike and Liliia

Visa Interview In Frankfurt

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Has anyone been able to schedule their Visa interview in Frankfurt for their Ukrainian Beneficiary ? I see wait times for non-immigrant visa's in Frankfurt are 21 days, and in Warsaw 3 days (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/wait-times.html)  Frankfurt was going to already be an inconvenience and my case is still at NVC (was just assigned case number last week). Was considering having NVC transfer our case to either Rome or Warsaw as we both have friends there.

On 4/19/2022 at 5:56 AM, Mike and Liliia said:

Has anyone been able to schedule their Visa interview in Frankfurt for their Ukrainian Beneficiary ? I see wait times for non-immigrant visa's in Frankfurt are 21 days, and in Warsaw 3 days (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/wait-times.html)  Frankfurt was going to already be an inconvenience and my case is still at NVC (was just assigned case number last week). Was considering having NVC transfer our case to either Rome or Warsaw as we both have friends there.

Wait times Warsaw very long. They are scheduling October for non-residents now. It’s not that easy to transfer. You maybe better off with Frankfurt. Transfer also takes time.

On 4/19/2022 at 2:56 PM, Mike and Liliia said:

Also Warsaw is the designated embassy for not just Polish, but also Russian applicants. So from the standpoint of waiting times, I'm not sure if Warsaw would be a better option. You could also try and see if any other European embassy will accept your case - there might be less of a backlog in that case.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We scheduled an interview for Friday - yesterday. There was a Thursday slot. 

Frankfurt holds a few slots for close in interviews-Ukraine, F a J visas I think.

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 4/19/2022 at 7:56 AM, Mike and Liliia said:

My case is a bit different than most since my NVC expedite was approved and the file went to Frankfurt without being reviewed by the NVC. At least I think that is unusual. 

I emailed the expedite request to the NVC email address on 3/31 and submitted by documents on 4/4. They approved the expedite 5/26 and I requested permission to set an appointment shortly thereafter. I logged in om 6/9/2022 and these dates are available.

June 27, 28, 29

July 1,5,6,7,8,11,12,14,15,18,19,20,21,25,26,28,29

They released the June dates around the end of May if I recall correctly. 

I would suggest you schedule your medical if you have not already done so. Vilnius was where I went and I did a post today about the experience in the Ukraine forum. Highly recommended. 

Good luck

USCIS

4/27/2021 - Filed wife's and 18-year-old step-daughter's I-130 package online

4/27/2021 - NOA1 received, Nebraska Service Center (wife) - case transferred to Texas

4/27/2021 - NOA1 received, Potomac Service Center (step-daughter)

2/24/2022 - Expedite request (humanitarian-Russian invasion of Ukraine) for both petitions

3/1/2022 - TSC granted expedite request

3/4/2022 - TSC (wife) I-130 approved!! Sent to NVC 3/11/2022

3/16/2022 - PSC (daughter) I-130 approval. I never heard about her expedite

NVC

NVC received daughter 3/20/22 and wife 3/23/22

Case number & Invoice number received for daughter 3/21/22 and wife 3/23/22

DS-261 was not requested

Paid AOS & IV fee for daughter 3/21/22 and wife 3/23/22

4/1/2022 - Sent IV and AOS package via CEAC

Wife's payment status was "REFUSED" for several days but finally was confirmed

4/4/2022 - Submitted DS - 260 for both petitions - Requested NVC expedite 3/31/2022

5/26/2022 - NVC expedite approved for both - Cases sent to Frankfurt without review by the NVC

5/31/2022 - Permission to set an interview appointment granted

5/2/2022 - Received interview letter (P4) via e-mail 

Embassy (Frankfurt)

6/27/2022 - Medical done in Vilnius 

6/29/2022 - Received medical report sent electronically to Frankfurt

7/11/2022 - Interview - Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.