adeel01

i-130 ‘Case is being actively reviewed’

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I did everything online on April 5th 2022 and since April 6th the case status says ‘Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS’.

I read on different forums that a lot of people dont get this message until a few months after submitting the i-130.

Anyone here has any input on this? May be someone had the same

experience?

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
10 minutes ago, adeel01 said:

I did everything online on April 5th 2022 and since April 6th the case status says ‘Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS’.

I read on different forums that a lot of people dont get this message until a few months after submitting the i-130.

experience?

Hi - mine also same thing, immediately changed to AR status.  When I chatted with Emma this is what I found or guessed, my case is transferred from Nebraska to California.  Find your SC by looking at the receipt notice bottom corner, chat with Emma and ask what is your SC is,  if you get different SC than the receipt notice, then it 

16 minutes ago, adeel01 said:

experience?

Active Review so soon after you submit probably means you'll be under active review for several months. Maybe 6-9 months before they approve the petition.

Nothing to do now but get on with your life. 

Filed: Timeline
13 hours ago, Dil & Malar said:

Hi - mine also same thing, immediately changed to AR status.  When I chatted with Emma this is what I found or guessed, my case is transferred from Nebraska to California.  Find your SC by looking at the receipt notice bottom corner, chat with Emma and ask what is your SC is,  if you get different SC than the receipt notice, then it 

I called them today. They said my case is at Vermont Service Center, even though the receipt letter came from Texas Serv Center. 

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, adeel01 said:

I called them today. They said my case is at Vermont Service Center, even though the receipt letter came from Texas Serv Center. 

That is right.  AR means something happened in the file.  In your case (also in my case), the SC is moved from one to another triggered the status changed to AR.

When you file online, system routs your application to the SC with lower loads. To my understanding since your application moved to Vermont, that might be cause of Active Review. There might be another AR soon when they background check the petitioner. Once background check is done, your case might be approved in matter of hours or days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.