Madrismo

NVC requesting I-864A for intending immigrant

4 posts in this topic

Hi All,

So my documents were reviewed by NVC today, and all were accepted. Our case is a bit unique, as we are using the income of the intending immigrant who is the spouse.  The income will continue from the same source of employment once the immigrant moves to the US. However the reviewer left a case FE note requesting a Form I-864A.  But when I completed the I864 form, in part 6 box 22, it states  that the intending immigrant doesn't need to complete I-864A because he or she is the intending immigrant and has no accompanying dependents.

Has anyone had any experience with this?  I'm wondering if I should call NVC to explain to them that the I-864A is not needed as per their I864 form instructions.  The intending immigrants also has no dependents. 

Thank you, 

21 minutes ago, Madrismo said:

Hi All,

So my documents were reviewed by NVC today, and all were accepted. Our case is a bit unique, as we are using the income of the intending immigrant who is the spouse.  The income will continue from the same source of employment once the immigrant moves to the US. However the reviewer left a case FE note requesting a Form I-864A.  But when I completed the I864 form, in part 6 box 22, it states  that the intending immigrant doesn't need to complete I-864A because he or she is the intending immigrant and has no accompanying dependents.

Has anyone had any experience with this?  I'm wondering if I should call NVC to explain to them that the I-864A is not needed as per their I864 form instructions.  The intending immigrants also has no dependents. 

Thank you, 

Call NVC. I believe the best time to call them is in the morning 7am EST. 

Thanks for the suggestions.  I was able to get through to an agent, who was actually quite pleasant to talk to.  She put me on hold to confirm with her supervisor, and according to them I need to submit an I864A.  Which goes against the instructions of the I864 and I864A, as intending immigrants who don't have immigrating dependents are not required to fill it out.  Wondering if they really read the details/instructions.

Not sure if she really checked with her supervisor, or just put me on hold to brush me off.  Think I might just have to fill it out and submit it, even though it makes no sense, as I would effectively be signing a contract to offer my income to support the intending immigrant who is myself lol.     

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.