Ms. Clarke

Jamaica 🇯🇲- one year drug ban until case resumes

92 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask if anyone can share how many times their fiancé was called down to do random testing? My fiancés date to resume was September 20th which has already passed and we were told he has to finish the random drug testing.  He’s already been down 5 times I’m just trying to estimate how many more times he’ll be called down and see how much longer this will take. Thanks for your help in advance. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 minutes ago, WG1 said:

Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask if anyone can share how many times their fiancé was called down to do random testing? My fiancés date to resume was September 20th which has already passed and we were told he has to finish the random drug testing.  He’s already been down 5 times I’m just trying to estimate how many more times he’ll be called down and see how much longer this will take. Thanks for your help in advance. 

Hello, my fiancé completed three random tests, they called him for the last one two days before the ban ended.

My partner has had three random tests so far. But we haven’t finished the ban. One month left. But I’m alarmed that you said your ban is complete and they are requiring “more tests” - what does that mean? Do you have notice for the follow up medical? Going to go thru this soon so I’m curious. 

3 hours ago, ashhroiall said:

My partner has had three random tests so far. But we haven’t finished the ban. One month left. But I’m alarmed that you said your ban is complete and they are requiring “more tests” - what does that mean? Do you have notice for the follow up medical? Going to go thru this soon so I’m curious. 

Hey, My fiancé did receive a call in August however he was in the hospital at the time and couldn’t make it. They haven’t called since he’s been out which has been over a month now. I’m assuming that’s why they haven’t finished the testing, not for certain though. I haven’t received any communication with the embassy about the medical, I’ve emailed them twice since the 20th, no response yet but I’m going to keep reaching out. When I spoke to the people at Andrew’s they told me that it doesn’t matter if the ban date passed, the person has to complete the random testing first, which is annoying! Im assuming that Andrew’s can random test you for as long as they like until they decide they are done. From what I gather there is no specific number of times they need to test person and there is no real guideline to when they are required to stop. 

Edited by WG1

• 1 month later...
Timeline

It’s finally happening! Submitted all the documents received a email that the embassy has received them. Hopefully next email is pick up visa at dhl. This has been a long journey. First started this caseFeb 2021. 

Timeline
On 9/28/2022 at 5:14 AM, WG1 said:

Hey, My fiancé did receive a call in August however he was in the hospital at the time and couldn’t make it. They haven’t called since he’s been out which has been over a month now. I’m assuming that’s why they haven’t finished the testing, not for certain though. I haven’t received any communication with the embassy about the medical, I’ve emailed them twice since the 20th, no response yet but I’m going to keep reaching out. When I spoke to the people at Andrew’s they told me that it doesn’t matter if the ban date passed, the person has to complete the random testing first, which is annoying! Im assuming that Andrew’s can random test you for as long as they like until they decide they are done. From what I gather there is no specific number of times they need to test person and there is no real guideline to when they are required to stop. 

What happened in my case was the last time the call to test was a month before a year ban was up.  I assumed they were finished testing. But they kept saying they wasn’t. My fiancé ban was up in April but his first random test was in sept . The did not call him from may to sept for no test. Sept 1 they sent a random email saying the testing was completed and to schedule medical examination. All this being said the month the random drug test began started get ya stuff ready. 

On 10/28/2022 at 5:38 AM, Ms. Clarke said:

What happened in my case was the last time the call to test was a month before a year ban was up.  I assumed they were finished testing. But they kept saying they wasn’t. My fiancé ban was up in April but his first random test was in sept . The did not call him from may to sept for no test. Sept 1 they sent a random email saying the testing was completed and to schedule medical examination. All this being said the month the random drug test began started get ya stuff ready. 

So weird. My partner has has 2 tests so far.... 
His ban was Oct 2021 - Oct 2022 -- it just ended last Tuesday and I sent an email to the embassy -- obviously no response. 

I guess I'll keep emailing them once a week?

I think we have another test on the books at Andrews -- as last time he was there they said they saw two test scheduled as he was poking around for information lol. 
But I expected this last test to be before the ban was up. Guess not.

I'm so done waiting for this ... started this process in Aug 2020 when I was 2 months pregnant.... Our daughter is 1.5year old already....  

Ms. Clarke congrats Mama! When I see others finally getting thru I have a little hope -- I feel like each immigration agent just does wtv tf they want man. 

On 10/28/2022 at 5:38 AM, Ms. Clarke said:

First off, Congratulations!!

In our case we started random testing 2 months after the initial ban. My fiancé went in 2 weeks ago for another random test and after he was told to expect a call from the embassy soon. Finger crossed I’m hoping we can at least finish the final medical before the holidays start rolling in. 

Timeline
On 10/29/2022 at 11:07 PM, WG1 said:

First off, Congratulations!!

In our case we started random testing 2 months after the initial ban. My fiancé went in 2 weeks ago for another random test and after he was told to expect a call from the embassy soon. Finger crossed I’m hoping we can at least finish the final medical before the holidays start rolling in. 

So 2 months after they will reach out  if he passed all his drug tests. Look at the 221g form and start get the paperwork in order. They longest part was finding the Covid vaccination he can do that now tho if he already has not. 

Timeline
On 10/29/2022 at 5:22 PM, ashhroiall said:

So weird. My partner has has 2 tests so far.... 
His ban was Oct 2021 - Oct 2022 -- it just ended last Tuesday and I sent an email to the embassy -- obviously no response. 

I guess I'll keep emailing them once a week?

I think we have another test on the books at Andrews -- as last time he was there they said they saw two test scheduled as he was poking around for information lol. 
But I expected this last test to be before the ban was up. Guess not.

I'm so done waiting for this ... started this process in Aug 2020 when I was 2 months pregnant.... Our daughter is 1.5year old already....  

Ms. Clarke congrats Mama! When I see others finally getting thru I have a little hope -- I feel like each immigration agent just does wtv tf they want man. 

Did he start his testing in Oct 2021? 

4 hours ago, Ms. Clarke said:

So 2 months after they will reach out  if he passed all his drug tests. Look at the 221g form and start get the paperwork in order. They longest part was finding the Covid vaccination he can do that now tho if he already has not. 

My fiancé has already received the Covid vaccination thankfully. I’m curious to know why you say two months? Is that because we started testing 2 months after the initial ban? If so I don’t think that is accurate. I know of a case where someone’s Ban ended in July this year and they redid their medical and were approved in the same month, however they started random testing in October last year. I think each case is different. I’m not exactly sure how the embassy is going about reaching out to people, however I do know of few cases where the embassy has reached out before the month that the person started the random testing. 

Edited by WG1

5 hours ago, Ms. Clarke said:

Did he start his testing in Oct 2021? 

So originally they didn't even give us the ban letter until January 9th since we got stuck in holiday season.

Our original medical was Oct 2021
They wrote the ban letter Nov 29
& texted us Jan 9th to pick up his passport (with his cancelled transit visa).

We immediately sent Andrews testing requests and had our first test in April.
My fear is we will have to wait until April despite our original ban date already being up for review. 

But I guess it's just a waiting game since it really does seem like its totally up to the agents discretion. 
We did a covid vax on the original medical -- do they make you get another/booster?
Keep us posted on your progress! 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 9/2/2022 at 4:56 PM, Stmar22 said:

Update:  Ban ended on June 1st.  Both my fiancé and his child completed a new medical and submitted passports to the embassy.  Today I noticed that the status changed to Application Received.  Not sure what this means but there is some movement. I’m hoping that there won’t be another interview since they already requested the passports.   I’m pretty sure that they will ask for more documents such as a new police record etc.

4C078F77-6802-4C04-838D-42D40EF7D1B6.jpeg

What do it means when the status says Ready ? 

We got a call today from the embassy saying he will have one more test and then send some emails…. So I guess we just wait for the final test…. And then we redo a whole medical again? 

thats what I’ve seen from most people… 

does anyone know what happens if one test is failed…. ? It’s possible my partners first random was positive as we had no idea this was even possible and he’s a brand ambassador for a dispensary in jamaica…. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.