Kuchiki

March 2022 NVC Submissions IR1

374 posts in this topic

On 5/30/2022 at 7:54 AM, JD2 said:

Any DQ, other than RFE resubmissions, after March 15/16th?  I think we're going to get another 8 day jump.  Also, I wonder if there's going to be a timeframe update tomorrow given the holiday.

There are 17 March submitters waiting for review. I predict the website will update today with around 14 March as the review date.

Just now, Redrobot said:

*around* 14 March. They usually err on the side of caution with publicised dates to prevent people freaking out that they might have been missed.

But that would've been the same for previous weeks.  It needs to be at least 16th to keep pace.  17th to match previous weeks advance.

Just now, Redrobot said:

The dates they publish are usually conservative. In reality we know they are on 16th March. Keep that in mind.

I get what you're saying.  But previous weeks were also the same conservative method.  So comparing apples to apples, it wouldn't be good if it's not at least March 16th

4 minutes ago, JD2 said:

I get what you're saying.  But previous weeks were also the same conservative method.  So comparing apples to apples, it wouldn't be good if it's not at least March 16th

Fortunately for us we already KNOW they are on the 16th and still need to finish processing the 17th. The published dates are kind of moot when we track real cases so closely. Anyway, let’s stay curious 😉

Edited by Redrobot

3 minutes ago, Redrobot said:

Fortunately for us we already KNOW they are on the 16th and still need to finish processing the 17th. The published dates are kind of moot when we track real cases so closely. 

We don't have a huge sample size.  No matter how you cut it, if the published date isn't moving up, they're slowing down.  I submitted at the end of March so I still have a ways to go.

Edited by JD2

3 minutes ago, JD2 said:

We don't have a huge sample size.  No matter how you cut it, if the published date isn't moving up, they're slowing down.  I submitted at the end of March so I still have a ways to go.

Here you go. I collected the data fromVJ (green circles) and FB and Lawfully (blue circles) for every anecdotal submitter. 

DA0FB5F1-523A-4B80-AC89-B67C714B9B07.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Redrobot said:

Here you go. I collected the data fromVJ (green circles) and FB and Lawfully (blue circles) for every anecdotal submitter. 

DA0FB5F1-523A-4B80-AC89-B67C714B9B07.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Redrobot said:

These are all confirmed, as of Friday night CET, to be waiting in line for review. 

So suppose we know someone on the 17th or even 18th got DQ.  But they only move up the date to 10th or something like that.  That means a lot of people are still waiting for DQ b/w the published date and the 17th/18th and people further down the line can expect to wait longer.  No matter how you cut it, it's not a good thing.  IMO these anecdotes are nice to have but only really matter as it approaches your submit date.  But hey I could be completely off.

Edited by JD2

12 minutes ago, JD2 said:

So suppose we know someone on the 17th or even 18th got DQ.  But they only move up the date to 10th or something like that.  That means a lot of people are still waiting for DQ b/w the published date and the 17th/18th and people further down the line can expect to wait longer.  No matter how you cut it, it's not a good thing.  IMO these anecdotes are nice to have but only really matter as it approaches your submit date.  But hey I could be completely off.

I’m here for facts, and not to cut any opinions or arguments. I collected this anecdotal data (seeing as NVC are opaque apart from their published dates) for my own info. Wishing you the best of luck with yours. 

Edited by Redrobot

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.