pushbrk

Did you ignore sending bonafide marriage evidence?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Sent out the old form. Got an RFE. Sent an official Household Registration Transcript showing my wife and I lived at the same place in her country. Approved.

What did the RFE ask for specifically?

Did only the I-129F get sent to NVC?

RFE said:

"The evidence you have submitted to establish your relationship with the beneficiary is insufficient because of the reason specified below. Please comply with the instructions below:

Registered/Recorded Documents: The marriage certificate that you have submitted does not show that the marriage has been registered or recorded by the civil authorities of the place of marriage. Please submit a marriage certificate that has been registered or recorded by the civil authorities where the marriage too place, AFTER the marriage ceremony took place for ...... and ...... ."

As for the I-129F, yes it got sent to NVC, and I-130 got sent to NRC. I had requested on the I-130 for consular processing so I contacted CSC to retrieve it from NRC and resend to NVC. Currently in that process. Will call this week to check up on it.

-- Timeline --

CR-1:

USCIS-CSC: 126 Days (2/1/07-6/6/07)

Submitted visa petition.

RFE for more evidence of marriage.

Approved petition, then mailed to…

NRC: 96 Days (6/7/07-9/11/07)

...wrong center! National Record Center (NRC) is a storage center.

I had to request them to send it to the correct center. Delayed 96 days!

NVC: 84 Days (9/12/07-12/5/07)

Received petition. Now I apply for the visa.

NVC approves visa application and sends it to Taiwan consulate.

AIT: 34 Days (12/6/07-1/9/07)

American Institute in Taiwan (AIT) receives visa application.

2 Interviews. Visa in hand!

Total Days: 340 Days

K-3:

NVC: 21 Days (6/7/07-6/27/07)

AIT: 106 Days (6/28/07-10/11/07)

Problem with fingerprint, wait 2 months.

CR-1 almost done so wait for that instead.

Abandoned K-3 for CR-1 on 1/2/08

Total Days: 253 Days

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Sent out the old form. Got an RFE. Sent an official Household Registration Transcript showing my wife and I lived at the same place in her country. Approved.

What did the RFE ask for specifically?

Did only the I-129F get sent to NVC?

RFE said:

"The evidence you have submitted to establish your relationship with the beneficiary is insufficient because of the reason specified below. Please comply with the instructions below:

Registered/Recorded Documents: The marriage certificate that you have submitted does not show that the marriage has been registered or recorded by the civil authorities of the place of marriage. Please submit a marriage certificate that has been registered or recorded by the civil authorities where the marriage too place, AFTER the marriage ceremony took place for ...... and ...... ."

As for the I-129F, yes it got sent to NVC, and I-130 got sent to NRC. I had requested on the I-130 for consular processing so I contacted CSC to retrieve it from NRC and resend to NVC. Currently in that process. Will call this week to check up on it.

A request for a valid marriage certificate simply means whatever legal certificate you provided wasn't sufficient for their needs. That has always been required. It has nothing to do with proving a bonafide ongoing relationship or the additional "should include" section on the new form. Thanks for the clarification.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Timeline
A request for a valid marriage certificate simply means whatever legal certificate you provided wasn't sufficient for their needs. That has always been required. It has nothing to do with proving a bonafide ongoing relationship or the additional "should include" section on the new form. Thanks for the clarification.

I see... Thanks.

-- Timeline --

CR-1:

Submitted visa petition.

RFE for more evidence of marriage.

Approved petition, then mailed to…

NRC: 96 Days (6/7/07-9/11/07)

...wrong center! National Record Center (NRC) is a storage center.

I had to request them to send it to the correct center. Delayed 96 days!

NVC: 84 Days (9/12/07-12/5/07)

Received petition. Now I apply for the visa.

NVC approves visa application and sends it to Taiwan consulate.

AIT: 34 Days (12/6/07-1/9/07)

American Institute in Taiwan (AIT) receives visa application.

2 Interviews. Visa in hand!

Total Days: 340 Days

K-3:

NVC: 21 Days (6/7/07-6/27/07)

AIT: 106 Days (6/28/07-10/11/07)

Problem with fingerprint, wait 2 months.

CR-1 almost done so wait for that instead.

Abandoned K-3 for CR-1 on 1/2/08

Total Days: 253 Days

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Timeline

I am wondering this same thing myself - since we were only married 1 month ago and I had to return to the US to my job we don't have any documentation except for the legal marriage certificate - we don't have any joint bank accounts and obviously no joint property/lease since we are not able to legally live in the same country together yet!!! I suppose I could get affadavits from my inlaws, husband's neighbors, etc., Bramin priests who performed our Hindu wedding as well as my roommate here in the US... I don't know if this will be enough - anyone?

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I am wondering this same thing myself - since we were only married 1 month ago and I had to return to the US to my job we don't have any documentation except for the legal marriage certificate - we don't have any joint bank accounts and obviously no joint property/lease since we are not able to legally live in the same country together yet!!! I suppose I could get affadavits from my inlaws, husband's neighbors, etc., Bramin priests who performed our Hindu wedding as well as my roommate here in the US... I don't know if this will be enough - anyone?

What could those people say about your bona fide ongoing relationship?

The results of this unscientific poll indicate that for those in your circumstances who ignored sending extra evidence, there was no negative consequence. If you've got some pictures with the two of you and the family in multiple locations, I'd send a few of those along.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Timeline

What could those people say about your bona fide ongoing relationship?

The results of this unscientific poll indicate that for those in your circumstances who ignored sending extra evidence, there was no negative consequence. If you've got some pictures with the two of you and the family in multiple locations, I'd send a few of those along.

Yes, I've got lots of photos of both of us during our engagement party, wedding and honeymoon, also photos of us with his family at home and a trip we took with his sister - that should be no problem. :)

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

We sent a copy of our joint bank account, we decided to open one before applying as we are going to need it anyway it was better to have it earlier.

I don't know if this made any difference though... we got our I-130 approved in 89 days we sent the new form

Married Jan 2007

I-130

03/21/2007 sent to NSC - 06/18/2007 NOA2 - 89 days

NVC stage

07/24/2007 e-mailed DS-3032 choice of agent

01/04/2008 Approved - visa in my hand! 289 days

01/13/2008 Entry the US

10/15/2009 I-751

12/03/2009 Biometrics

1/06/2010 Removal of conditions approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.