fiancee4ever

HCMC Consulate - K1 Visa interview appointment

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Anybody here has been successful in making K1 Visa interview with the US embassy in HCMC?

I received the Instruction Package Letter since March, 2020 but could not schedule the interview until now. I have been checking the site almost every day in 6 months with no luck.

I need someone to tell what is wrong. Am I fooled by the system? All life plans have been messed up... What should we do?

Timeline

Do we have right to know what would be our estimated waiting time?

"Nonimmigrant and immigrant visa interviews will gradually resume as staffing, safety guidelines, and local regulations permit.  However, please note that applicants may continue to encounter significant scheduling delays".

What significant delay means? 3 months, 6 months or a year? Why don't they publish historic interview appointment release?. I doubt that it was none or the method to catch that interview slot is not for everybody.

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 3/4/2022 at 1:37 PM, Kissima123 said:

Have you posted a timeline on VJ so others can understand your as well as their own time flow situation better? That may be the best/only way to get at your shared frustration.

I did!

I want to protest. 

According to VJ, latest K1 interviews took place in December 2021. 

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?op6=All&op66=All&op7=Vietnam&op1=3&op2=&op3=1&op4=1&op5=5%2C6%2C8%2C10%2C11%2C13%2C14%2C15%2C16%2C17%2C18%2C20%2C21%2C22%2C25%2C26%2C27%2C28%2C108%2C110%2C111%2C208%2C210%2C211&cfl=

They might not be releasing K1 interview dates right now. I would keep checking every day. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Kor2USA said:

According to VJ, latest K1 interviews took place in December 2021. 

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?op6=All&op66=All&op7=Vietnam&op1=3&op2=&op3=1&op4=1&op5=5%2C6%2C8%2C10%2C11%2C13%2C14%2C15%2C16%2C17%2C18%2C20%2C21%2C22%2C25%2C26%2C27%2C28%2C108%2C110%2C111%2C208%2C210%2C211&cfl=

They might not be releasing K1 interview dates right now. I would keep checking every day. 

Thanks for info. Our friends here do not always update their interview date. Someone updated on another topic yesterday that his fiance had interviewed in March and passed.

I check Visa Monthly Issuance Statistic which shows 43 K1 was granted in Feb 2022. It's strange that K1 is in the Non-Immigration List but its way to get an interview slot is hybrid between Non-Immigration and Immigration Procedure. This is confused to pursuit. I would recommend people to marry and CR1.

5 minutes ago, fiancee4ever said:

Thanks for info. Our friends here do not always update their interview date. Someone updated on another topic yesterday that his fiance had interviewed in March and passed.

I check Visa Monthly Issuance Statistic which shows 43 K1 was granted in Feb 2022. It's strange that K1 is in the Non-Immigration List but its way to get an interview slot is hybrid between Non-Immigration and Immigration Procedure. This is confused to pursuit. I would recommend people to marry and CR1.

You should message the person who interviewed in March to find out how they got their appointment. Maybe they can tell you the best day/time to check the system... 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Kor2USA said:

You should message the person who interviewed in March to find out how they got their appointment. Maybe they can tell you the best day/time to check the system... 

I did and I am waiting to see what he is going to share.

when we achieved our target, we won't check these kinds of forum regularly. That's understandable.

• 2 months later...
On 3/2/2022 at 11:51 AM, fiancee4ever said:

Anybody here has been successful in making K1 Visa interview with the US embassy in HCMC?

I received the Instruction Package Letter since March, 2020 but could not schedule the interview until now. I have been checking the site almost every day in 6 months with no luck.

I need someone to tell what is wrong. Am I fooled by the system? All life plans have been messed up... What should we do?

Hi, I hope you already got the interview. 
I made an account just to reply to you in case you haven’t. 
I was in the same situation as you. Tried to set an appointment for K1 interview since April or May 2021. I went on the website to check almost everyday (except Sunday). And there was nothing. Finally on May 22 2022, somehow there was one slot open (yes, only one slot) on June 16. So I had an interview like 2 weeks ago. 
Hope u already got the interview. If not, keep checking everyday. I know how desperate it feels, but keep going on. Good luck!!!!

Edited by TML

Timeline
18 hours ago, TML said:

Hi, I hope you already got the interview. 
I made an account just to reply to you in case you haven’t. 
I was in the same situation as you. Tried to set an appointment for K1 interview since April or May 2021. I went on the website to check almost everyday (except Sunday). And there was nothing. Finally on May 22 2022, somehow there was one slot open (yes, only one slot) on June 16. So I had an interview like 2 weeks ago. 
Hope u already got the interview. If not, keep checking everyday. I know how desperate it feels, but keep going on. Good luck!!!!

Hey,

Thanks for your sharing. I am happy for you. I guess your visa has been approved? happier!!!

I did find an interview slot available in December. Unbelievable! I found it in May. There are like 20 or more slots available in December but none is earlier. I still check the site to see if there is any sooner appointment but I have no luck so far.

Only who experience these desperate waiting time can understand. Thanks again for your reply. I feel like I am not alone. :)

2 hours ago, fiancee4ever said:

Hey,

Thanks for your sharing. I am happy for you. I guess your visa has been approved? happier!!!

I did find an interview slot available in December. Unbelievable! I found it in May. There are like 20 or more slots available in December but none is earlier. I still check the site to see if there is any sooner appointment but I have no luck so far.

Only who experience these desperate waiting time can understand. Thanks again for your reply. I feel like I am not alone. :)

Yes, my visa was approved. Just received it a couple days ago.

I’m glad that you got an interview, even though it’s in December. Crazy how it’s the earliest open one. But checking the site everyday is still a good idea. Maybe someone cancels their appointments and you can get an early one (it was probably  how I got my lucky slot, I think). 

I wish you luck on getting an early appointment and even more luck on the interview day. 

You’re definitely not alone :))!

Edited by TML

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.