Mr Genuis

N400 Filed February 2022

4 posts in this topic

Hello all, Yes i became too impatient after one year of waiting  for NBC to schedule my interview. So I decided to file for Citizenship today Sunday since i will be too busy working on week days. If you filed earlier and have had you interview or oath ceremony, how long did it take you from when you filed to get your interview scheduled? . I filed online and I see it says it will take approximately 13 months. Not sure which service Center is processing N400 application but I really hope it's not my Night Mare NBC. Because this National BadLuck Center is really good in testing someone's patience.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline

Please do not pay attention to the timeline for completion.  On the day of our interview and same day Oath ceremony, the timeline said 8 months to completion.  For us, it took approximately one year from filing (June 2020) to receiving interview notice (July 2021), with interview in September 2021.  It does vary by field office, so perhaps you can look at the following site and filter by your field office to get a more accurate estimate :)  

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/citlist.php?op6=All&op7=All&op1=3&op2=&op4=1&op5=&cfl=0

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

2 minutes ago, Duncan21 said:

Please do not pay attention to the timeline for completion.  On the day of our interview and same day Oath ceremony, the timeline said 8 months to completion.  For us, it took approximately one year from filing (June 2020) to receiving interview notice (July 2021), with interview in September 2021.  It does vary by field office, so perhaps you can look at the following site and filter by your field office to get a more accurate estimate :)  

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/citlist.php?op6=All&op7=All&op1=3&op2=&op4=1&op5=&cfl=0

Thanks. The funny thing is that I filed online. So I don't know where it went to or which service center grabbed it to process. How can I figure that out? Any idear?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.