Tadu

US embassy in Ethiopia

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hello there,

I would like to ask if anyone of you know of the US Embassy in Ethiopia has started the visa processing, please? They have suspended it recently and someone was saying they opened for the visa interview. Is that true? My case was DQ three months ago and still waiting…

Any information would be greatly appreciated thank you! 

Edited by Tadu

You'll have a long time to wait. They have to finish up backlog from 2020 and 2021 before they get to you. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline
7 hours ago, milimelo said:

You'll have a long time to wait. They have to finish up backlog from 2020 and 2021 before they get to you. 

I know that I have to wait unfortunately. My question was if the embassy has started processing the visa interview?

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 2/19/2022 at 11:32 PM, Tadu said:

I know that I have to wait unfortunately. My question was if the embassy has started processing the visa interview?

They have resumed operations, and sent out a batch of IR1/CR1 interview letters today, April 8, 2022 for interview dates in May (May 2, May 9, May 25). Those scheduled were DQ up to September 2, 2020.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Katelyn_Wray said:

They have resumed operations, and sent out a batch of IR1/CR1 interview letters today, April 8, 2022 for interview dates in May (May 2, May 9, May 25). Those scheduled were DQ up to September 2, 2020.

Thank you for the update. Though how do you know this data? Where to look for?

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hello

3 hours ago, Kanke said:

Just following this thread. ..

Has the US embassy in Ethiopia started sending UK for those cases DQ in early 2021? Any updates are well appreciated 

Hello Kanke 

I don’t know about UK sending documents for interview to US embassy in Ethiopia, but the US is sending those who are  DQ in October 2020.

You May need to join a group on telegram at;

https://t.me/+3_2BwnosAbhkOTZh
They may answer your question.

Good luck to all of us!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.