Jia1911

Interview at Manila US Embassy - F2B or FB1

28 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We're also waiting, my brother has been DQ'd since 6/7/21, his PD is 3/9/12. .I'm hoping to "upgrade him to Fb1" as it seems to be a few months faster than F2b, my mom is the petitioner and she became a citizen since 1/2017. How about you?

Hi! My brothers are on F2B category.. one of them has been DQ'd since September 2020 and still waiting for an interview while the other has been DQ'd since March 2021 and still waiting for an interview. My mom is the petitioner and a lawful permanent resident. She's the only one who hasn't gone through citizenship yet cause we don't want to make the process complicated. She will just wait for my brothers to come here before applying for citizenship. My mom always gets an email every 2 months that my brothers are still in line for an interview schedule and that we will have to keep waiting.

But my eldest brother who has kids and one of his kid is turning 21 yes old this year. Do you have any advice on how to request expedite for an scheduled interview? 

Thanks

Edited by p3nny014

Timeline
1 hour ago, p3nny014 said:

Hi! My brothers are on F2B category.. one of them has been DQ'd since September 2020 and still waiting for an interview while the other has been DQ'd since March 2021 and still waiting for an interview. My mom is the petitioner and a lawful permanent resident. She's the only one who hasn't gone through citizenship yet cause we don't want to make the process complicated. She will just wait for my brothers to come here before applying for citizenship. My mom always gets an email every 2 months that my brothers are still in line for an interview schedule and that we will have to keep waiting.

But my eldest brother who has kids and one of his kid is turning 21 yes old this year. Do you have any advice on how to request expedite for an scheduled interview? 

Thanks

We requested for expedite as my mom is having a lot of health issues/medical emergency but was declined due to no visa available at this time and was advised that NVC can only expedite if his PD becomes current. Hoping by next month there will be movement with PD.

1 minute ago, LexieJ said:

We requested for expedite as my mom is having a lot of health issues/medical emergency but was declined due to no visa available at this time and was advised that NVC can only expedite if his PD becomes current. Hoping by next month there will be movement with PD.

Thanks for the reply. Since we're already DQ'd, it's possible for us to request expedite processing. Would you be able to share as to where you send the request?

Timeline
1 minute ago, p3nny014 said:

Thanks for the reply. Since we're already DQ'd, it's possible for us to request expedite processing. Would you be able to share as to where you send the request?

If their PD is not current there is no point to request for expedite even if they are DQ'd. My brother has been Dq'd as well but still got declined because of his PD still not current(check the monthly bulletin at the State department website to check the PD they are working on). I sent the expedite request to NVCexpedite@state.gov with the note from her doctor but still got declined due to PD not current.

Just now, LexieJ said:

If their PD is not current there is no point to request for expedite even if they are DQ'd. My brother has been Dq'd as well but still got declined because of his PD still not current(check the monthly bulletin at the State department website to check the PD they are working on). I sent the expedite request to NVCexpedite@state.gov with the note from her doctor but still got declined due to PD not current.

Their PD is October 2010

1 minute ago, iza25 said:

Hi,

I'm also still waiting for the interview schedule.  Ive been DQ'd since June 2020 and my PD is March 2009.  I hope we can finally get some good news soon.  

Hello!

We just submitted a request for expedite yesterday and waiting for their response. Hopefully we get approved cause we don't want to worry about my nephew turning 21 this year and would be a little complicated then.

Hopefully you get an interview soon.  

20 hours ago, p3nny014 said:

Hello!

We just submitted a request for expedite yesterday and waiting for their response. Hopefully we get approved cause we don't want to worry about my nephew turning 21 this year and would be a little complicated then.

Hopefully you get an interview soon.  

I'm also planning to do the same, what requirements did you attach in the email to have it expedited? 

4 minutes ago, iza25 said:

I'm also planning to do the same, what requirements did you attach in the email to have it expedited? 

We did not attached any documents. On the email we just included the following information:

Petitioner's Name:

Date of Birth:

Primary Applicant's Name:

Date of Birth:

Case Number:

Priority Date:

Invoice ID #:

And on the subject, make sure to include the invoice ID number or the Case number. 

20 hours ago, p3nny014 said:

We did not attached any documents. On the email we just included the following information:

Petitioner's Name:

Date of Birth:

Primary Applicant's Name:

Date of Birth:

Case Number:

Priority Date:

Invoice ID #:

And on the subject, make sure to include the invoice ID number or the Case number. 

Great! I hope we can finally get an interview schedule.  Praying, keeping fingers crossed and hoping for the best! Keep me posted.  

3 minutes ago, iza25 said:

Great! I hope we can finally get an interview schedule.  Praying, keeping fingers crossed and hoping for the best! Keep me posted.  

Yes, I really hope so. My parents have been too eager.. waited 10years for visa and now we're waiting more years because of the pandemic. But we will not lose hope, we will eventually be reunited again. 

Thank you! Praying and crossing fingers and toes for an interview soon. 

1 minute ago, Hopepost said:

Already received my Interview Letter last Monday and my interview is scheduled for March 28, 2022.

Oh yay! Congratulations. We just received response from NVC for our expedited request and it's under review as of the moment. Now we just have to wait for their decision.  Hopefully it will be a good one. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.