Raft

Gap between medical and interview Nd vaccine inquiry

4 posts in this topic

Hi all ,

Few queries so if anyone can help .

Got email to book F4 immigrant visa interview on 28th Feb so booked .

Earliest medical appointment available was 23 Feb so booked 

The time between medical and interview is not 5 working days(2 working days ) ,should I keep it or risk re-booking interview ?

Secondly -vaccine query 

As i came to UK as adult so few childhood vaccine missing in gp record .asked gp for antibody test but they refused to do .their argument is canot give those vaccine now if they were given to you as child so canot give again.

For my wife ,MMR missing and nurse refused to give while breastfeeding little one.what medical will do ?

Regards 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It is always better to stick with the original interview.   You do not need to have the medical information ready before the interview.  It is preferable, but the embassy will still conduct the interview and wait for the medical results.

The vaccine issue is a bit puzzling.  The antibody test is to see if you had the vaccines, so they can administer what is missing.   Refusing to do the antibody test seems counterproductive. 

I am not sure about the UK, but the embassy approved medical facility maybe able to provide the test and missing vaccines.  You can ask about your wife's MMR at that medical exam as well.

13 minutes ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

It is always better to stick with the original interview.   You do not need to have the medical information ready before the interview.  It is preferable, but the embassy will still conduct the interview and wait for the medical results.

The vaccine issue is a bit puzzling.  The antibody test is to see if you had the vaccines, so they can administer what is missing.   Refusing to do the antibody test seems counterproductive. 

I am not sure about the UK, but the embassy approved medical facility maybe able to provide the test and missing vaccines.  You can ask about your wife's MMR at that medical exam as well.

44 minutes ago, Raft said:

Hi all ,

Few queries so if anyone can help .

Got email to book F4 immigrant visa interview on 28th Feb so booked .

Earliest medical appointment available was 23 Feb so booked 

The time between medical and interview is not 5 working days(2 working days ) ,should I keep it or risk re-booking interview ?

Secondly -vaccine query 

As i came to UK as adult so few childhood vaccine missing in gp record .asked gp for antibody test but they refused to do .their argument is canot give those vaccine now if they were given to you as child so canot give again.

For my wife ,MMR missing and nurse refused to give while breastfeeding little one.what medical will do ?

Regards 

I think they can give you vaccine at visamedical.! That’s easy way I think.! I am in same boat, going for my medical end of month and I am missing some vaccine but I will get it there at visamedical. 

My interview is before medical as couldn’t get medical appointment but planning to attend interview first, will see what happens.!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

1 hour ago, Gujjupat said:

I think they can give you vaccine at visamedical.! That’s easy way I think.! I am in same boat, going for my medical end of month and I am missing some vaccine but I will get it there at visamedical. 

You don’t have to have proof for every baby shot you ever got. You only need proof of the required adult (over 18 yrs) shots.

MMR

Tdap (has to be within the last 10 years)

Varicella (it’s waived for UK as “not readily available” or if you had chickenpox)

Infuenza (Required only during flu season— between Oct 1 and March 31)

2 doses of Covid vaccination (No exceptions. It must be 2 with proper wait time in between)

The CDC says:

Women of childbearing age should check with their doctor to make sure they are vaccinated before they get pregnant. Women of childbearing age who are not pregnant and do not have presumptive evidence of immunity should get at least one dose of MMR vaccine.

It is safe for breastfeeding women to receive MMR vaccination. Breastfeeding does not interfere with the response to MMR vaccine, and the baby will not be affected by the vaccine through breast milk.

Call the clinic directly and ask if you have a question about the breast feeding.

Yes they will give you any shot you need at Visa Medicals…for a fee. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.