ohiohopeful

VisaMedicals - When to book

6 posts in this topic

I was DQ'd from the NVC yesterday, now waiting for an embassy appointment to come through to me.

Following advice from another user (thank you @Saqib-s), I phoned today and booked my medical for the end of the month.

Points of interest, for those approaching this stage:

- I mentioned to the person at VisaMedicals that it seems like a very busy time for them, she agreed and said that the embassy have been sending out such high volumes of appointments it's hard to catch up, so it seems to be just the increased volume - not necessarily any Covid or staffing related issues causing scheduling problems

- The earliest available exam was 18th Feb, I ended up booking for the following week. Week beginning 21st Feb was still very booked up, the day I asked for only had 2 available slots left

- I am gambling on getting an interview date in the next few weeks, and sadly will need to reschedule the medical if it does not come through in time

- I was informed I am in their e-visa system, so have been told I don't need to bring passport photos 

- All in all, very pleasant process to book, just have your case number and personal details at hand. An email comes through straight afterwards with plenty of details, so don't worry about researching too much

Hopefully this is of interest/helpful to people!

Your interview invite should come through quickly they seem to have dropped the monthly cadence and are now sending them out on  <2-3 week basis with interviews held within 2/3 weeks of the invite. 

In the unlikely event you do not get your interview letter before your exam date, I would recommend calling Visa Medicals and ask if you can attend anyway knowing that you will get your interview soon, and they can complete the file once you get your invite letter and pass it to them. 

If you find my post helpful please hit the 🤍 heart icon and hit 'Like' or 'Thanks'.    

• 19 Jan 2021: Submit I-130 to Texas Lockbox
  • 06 Mar 2021: NOA1 from Nebraska Service Center
  • 24 May 2021: NOA2 Petition Approved
  • 08 Jul 2021: NVC - Submit IV + AOS Documents 
  • 03 Sep 2021: NVC - RFE for missing W2/1099 
  • 09 Sep 2021: NVC - Re-submit: 1099 Co-sponsor + explanation for petitioner missing W2
  • 08 Dec 2021: NVC - DQ (Documentarily Qualified)
  • 30 Dec 2021: NVC - Interview email (Interview on 13th Jan)
  • 13 Jan 2022: London Embassy - Interview; approved pending arrival of Medical results - case status 'Refused'
  • 14 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Administrative Processing'
  • 18 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Issued'
  • 20 Jan 2022: Passport with visa collected in person
  • 14 Feb 2022: Enter USA via Dulles, airport
  • 29 Apr 2022: Green Card received in Post

1 hour ago, Saqib-s said:

Your interview invite should come through quickly they seem to have dropped the monthly cadence and are now sending them out on  <2-3 week basis with interviews held within 2/3 weeks of the invite. 

In the unlikely event you do not get your interview letter before your exam date, I would recommend calling Visa Medicals and ask if you can attend anyway knowing that you will get your interview soon, and they can complete the file once you get your invite letter and pass it to them. 

As always, appreciate the advice from someone a few steps ahead of me!

I'll update on here with how it plays out, hopefully can help someone else just coming out of the NVC

Interview scheduled at the embassy for 2nd March 2022 - The gamble has paid off and I don't have to worry about scheduling a medical appointment now!

2 minutes ago, ohiohopeful said:

Interview scheduled at the embassy for 2nd March 2022 - The gamble has paid off and I don't have to worry about scheduling a medical appointment now!

Excellent news, the earlier slot of 18th Feb would have been fine for you; the slot you have somewhere in w/c 21st Feb means that it's unlikely your results will be ready when you attend the embassy for your interview, if all goes well you'll get a 221(g) form meaning you'll be in refused status till the results arrive. 

Good luck!

If you find my post helpful please hit the 🤍 heart icon and hit 'Like' or 'Thanks'.    

• 19 Jan 2021: Submit I-130 to Texas Lockbox
  • 06 Mar 2021: NOA1 from Nebraska Service Center
  • 24 May 2021: NOA2 Petition Approved
  • 08 Jul 2021: NVC - Submit IV + AOS Documents 
  • 03 Sep 2021: NVC - RFE for missing W2/1099 
  • 09 Sep 2021: NVC - Re-submit: 1099 Co-sponsor + explanation for petitioner missing W2
  • 08 Dec 2021: NVC - DQ (Documentarily Qualified)
  • 30 Dec 2021: NVC - Interview email (Interview on 13th Jan)
  • 13 Jan 2022: London Embassy - Interview; approved pending arrival of Medical results - case status 'Refused'
  • 14 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Administrative Processing'
  • 18 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Issued'
  • 20 Jan 2022: Passport with visa collected in person
  • 14 Feb 2022: Enter USA via Dulles, airport
  • 29 Apr 2022: Green Card received in Post

2 hours ago, Saqib-s said:

Excellent news, the earlier slot of 18th Feb would have been fine for you; the slot you have somewhere in w/c 21st Feb means that it's unlikely your results will be ready when you attend the embassy for your interview, if all goes well you'll get a 221(g) form meaning you'll be in refused status till the results arrive. 

Good luck!

Yes, quite unfortunate that I am unable to make the earlier appointment, but can't see an issue with the 221(g) form route.

Thanks Saqib, offered great advice over the last couple of months

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.