Kes&Amu

Name change form N662 and social security

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hello Everyone, please guide me with this matter. I became US citizen and applied for name change. I received name change form attached to my citizenship certificate. I wanted to update new name to my social security card but they returned my application saying its copy and  doesn’t have court name and judge signature. I went to District court but they said they don’t and can’t help. I requested in FOIA first.uscis.gov and they processed the application but they have same Name change certificate (form N662 ) that I have which doesn’t have court name and judge signature. Now, I don’t know where and how to get fix this problem. I need to update my new name to ssn card but social security office doesn’t accept my application to update name on my ssn because n662 name has no court name and judge sign and date. Please HELP. Thank you in advance 🙏🙏  I attached picture here of my n662 that came with my citizenship certificate and uscis had same form on their system. 

B8316735-369D-4E96-92F6-E62833351692.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Yes. Judge was present during oath ceremony. They asked to look if there’s anything to fix but I only looked at citizenship certificate and not name change form. I should have checked name change from too 🤦🏻‍♀️ If I would I didn’t have to go through this. Do I have to file name change from again through district court again. Is it like regular name change that American citizens apply for? What happens to this form that’s already in uscis system? I am so confused 🤔 please help. Thank you 🙏 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.