Yannary

no photo evidence - removing conditions on residency

17 posts in this topic

On 1/16/2022 at 8:59 AM, Yannary said:

Hi, my husbands green card expires on February 27th this year and we are getting everything ready to be mailed out this week hopefully. We just realized we dont have hardly any photos together. There are actually hardly any photos of me from the past 2 years. It's always my husband and the kids, because I take the photos (also hate having photos of myself taken).

The other evidence we have is:

utility bill showing both of our names

car finance in both of our names

checking account in both of our names

internet for our home address in my husbands name

twins born to us in 2020

taxes filed together for 2020, havent done last years yet

The house we live in is mine, but the mortgage has my and my exhusbands name on it as he had to cosign with me otherwise I  wouldnt get the loan, so not sure if I should include this or not. 

Do we include photos of my husband with our kids even though I am not in them? We do have few selfies of us from a date night we had for our anniversary. But thats about it. We honestly havent been anywhere, havent done anything, covid and newborn, now toddler twins and 3 older kids (mine) really make it impossible to do things on our own. Or just honestly do anything in general. Would it help if I wrote a letter explaining the lack of photos.

Frankly, I am freaking out, we've been putting things off because of holiday and just general life stress and now I feel like we're running out of time. My husband is our sole provider and the prospect of his green card expiring and him not being to able to work is terrifying.

Any help/pointers would be hugely appreciated.

I would not worry too much about photos. I would definitely make sure that you include bank statements. I would include them all. That's what we did. Same for insurance, car loan, etc. Show the longevity of the accounts. Don't just include the most recent statements. They want to see as many documents as you may have available that cover the entire time you have been married.

You can't show what you don't have. Just show plenty of what you have is what I say.

All the best!

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

You’ve got some good advice from the replies already.  I just wanted to share my experience about the mortgage.  

Our house is my name only (usc). All the utilities and other associated bills are in my name alone.  My wife’s name isn’t on anything as far as the house goes. 

My wife has her own medical thru her employer and I have mine separate. Couldn’t afford a joint policy.  

Just include an explanation why things are like they are. Y’all be fine

our 751 was approved.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.