Navis Chra

Police certificate question (SPLIT)

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My fiance is a York region resident, currently with me in NYC expecting our first child :) 

We finally received our "ready" from NVC to embassy and waiting for our packet 3 instructions. I found the online version just to get a head start and we are trying to obtain the police certficate. My fiance has a record from 10 years ago related to possession of weed and it's legal in Canada now so we've received a U.S. waiver to allow him to cross the border. 

Is there a link that we can go order the police certificate or does he need to go in person? I see that fingerprinting is required, is it possible for him to get that done here? He has went through the biometrics part with RCMP for court records and the waiver. 

Any sort of guidance anyone with a beneficiary in Canada can provide would be helpful. So anxious that we're so close but don't want anything more to be a drag. It's a just a money grab situation wherever we turn. :( 

*** This post was split from another member's thread. Please do not ask question about your case or situation in other member's threads. It is against the rules of the forum and is extremely rude. 

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Police records checks do expire.  I would wait until closer to the date that it is required to obtain it.  Any commissionaires or fingerprinting services can provide this service.  He will have to be present to get his fingerprints taken so the agency can request the check.  It will likely take about 10 business days and will have an associated cost.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 1/11/2022 at 7:22 AM, Navis Chra said:

My fiance is a York region resident, currently with me in NYC expecting our first child :) 

We finally received our "ready" from NVC to embassy and waiting for our packet 3 instructions. I found the online version just to get a head start and we are trying to obtain the police certficate. My fiance has a record from 10 years ago related to possession of weed and it's legal in Canada now so we've received a U.S. waiver to allow him to cross the border. 

Is there a link that we can go order the police certificate or does he need to go in person? I see that fingerprinting is required, is it possible for him to get that done here? He has went through the biometrics part with RCMP for court records and the waiver. 

Any sort of guidance anyone with a beneficiary in Canada can provide would be helpful. So anxious that we're so close but don't want anything more to be a drag. It's a just a money grab situation wherever we turn. :( 

We went to the police station and they ordered the wrong certificate even though we explicitly mentioned the Privacy Act. However, we had success at Comissionaires. If you go to the Toronto Area Commissionaires website (https://www.commissionaires-cgl.ca/identification-services/) and click Book Now (or visit the scheduling link here https://ids.as.me/schedule.php ) :

1651153559_ScreenShot2022-02-23at11_07_41PM.thumb.png.30639cc8482a29623554871f36801dd5.png

You will see a "Digital Fingerprinting - Privacy Act" option. Commissionaire's systems will order the correct certificate.

Then, you can choose a location in Toronto.

1825675826_ScreenShot2022-02-23at11_11_43PM.thumb.png.52ad94156d7ade9dade202d6b395e7d1.png

After fingerprinting, the police certificate arrived in 10 days by post. I hope this helps. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.