Jmkad04

How long does it take NVC to schedule interview in 2022

22 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Hi
My application is currently on DQ status, waiting for interview since April 26, 2021. My interview is suppose to happen in Mumbai consulate which is running in limited capacity.  I understand due to covid and travel ban, a back log was created at NVC and that they are trying to catch up. Is there anyway to know what month/year is Mumbai consulate working on to catch to the back log of IR1 visas? How much priority is given to appointment of IR1 cases? Is it possible for me  to request another another consulate to get an appointment? Would attorney involvement make any difference in my case?

Thank you 
Jerry

16 minutes ago, Jmkad04 said:

Is there anyway to know what month/year is Mumbai consulate working on to catch to the back log of IR1 visas?

Check this thread for updates from others waiting on interview at Mumbai --

18 minutes ago, Jmkad04 said:

Is it possible for me  to request another another consulate to get an appointment?

Depends.  Are you a citizen or legal resident of the country where that other consulate is?

19 minutes ago, Jmkad04 said:

Would attorney involvement make any difference in my case?

Not at this point.

On 1/6/2022 at 8:12 PM, Jmkad04 said:

i am us citizen and other consulate in Chennai

Do you mean that your petitioner is a US citizen?  If you are a US citizen yourself, you would not need a US visa.

As mentioned above, only Mumbai handles immigrant visa cases in India.

Timeline
On 1/7/2022 at 6:36 AM, Jmkad04 said:
Hi
My application is currently on DQ status, waiting for interview since April 26, 2021. My interview is suppose to happen in Mumbai consulate which is running in limited capacity.  I understand due to covid and travel ban, a back log was created at NVC and that they are trying to catch up. Is there anyway to know what month/year is Mumbai consulate working on to catch to the back log of IR1 visas? How much priority is given to appointment of IR1 cases? Is it possible for me  to request another another consulate to get an appointment? Would attorney involvement make any difference in my case?

Thank you 
Jerry

Currently, they're scheduling interviews for DQ dates 18-21 Nov 2020. If things go at the same pace, you might have to wait about 5 months for an interview. Hopefully, things will progress faster in the coming months and you might not have to wait too long. All the best!

Timeline
On 1/17/2022 at 5:41 AM, AKN2 said:

Currently, they're scheduling interviews for DQ dates 18-21 Nov 2020. If things go at the same pace, you might have to wait about 5 months for an interview. Hopefully, things will progress faster in the coming months and you might not have to wait too long. All the best!

Thank you for information. I afraid it may get delay more since covid case are rising again. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Jmkad04 said:

Thank you for information. I afraid it may get delay more since covid case are rising again. 

Actually, in the last few days people with DQ dates upto 12th Jan 2021 have gotten their ILs, so there's hope for the rest of us at the end of the queue.

On 1/17/2022 at 4:11 PM, AKN2 said:

Hi, 

do you have any idea about f2a visa?

Timeline
19 hours ago, Rifa26 said:

Hi, 

do you have any idea about f2a visa?

As far as I know, F2As are still stuck in 2020, don't know which month. If your F2A petitioner gets citizenship and you were DQ'd in 2020 or early 2021, you will quickly move ahead in the interview queue. Otherwise you're looking at 2023 imo.

5 hours ago, AKN2 said:

As far as I know, F2As are still stuck in 2020, don't know which month. If your F2A petitioner gets citizenship and you were DQ'd in 2020 or early 2021, you will quickly move ahead in the interview queue. Otherwise you're looking at 2023 imo.

My case Dq feb 2021. My petitioner still in permanent resident. It take another year for him to get citizenship. Is there any other way to quicken my queue or is it possible to get tourist visa.

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Rifa26 said:

My case Dq feb 2021. My petitioner still in permanent resident. It take another year for him to get citizenship. Is there any other way to quicken my queue or is it possible to get tourist visa.

I'm sorry to hear that. Mumbai is focusing on IR1 right now. Maybe you could look into expediting your case if you have valid grounds. Mumbai isn't very expedite-friendly though, even if you have a solid reason. As for tourist visa, I've heard it's way down their list of priorities and appointments aren't available until 2023.The good news is, the queue for interviews is finally moving, so we'll all get there sooner or later. However, if I were you, I'd forget about the whole thing until 2023. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but things are what they are. Praying for a miracle. All the best!

1 hour ago, AKN2 said:

I'm sorry to hear that. Mumbai is focusing on IR1 right now. Maybe you could look into expediting your case if you have valid grounds. Mumbai isn't very expedite-friendly though, even if you have a solid reason. As for tourist visa, I've heard it's way down their list of priorities and appointments aren't available until 2023.The good news is, the queue for interviews is finally moving, so we'll all get there sooner or later. However, if I were you, I'd forget about the whole thing until 2023. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but things are what they are. Praying for a miracle. All the best!

Thank you. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline
On 1/17/2022 at 4:11 PM, AKN2 said:

Currently, they're scheduling interviews for DQ dates 18-21 Nov 2020. If things go at the same pace, you might have to wait about 5 months for an interview. Hopefully, things will progress faster in the coming months and you might not have to wait too long. All the 

Our IR5 DQed at NVC on 1st November 2020. When we can expect IL for Mumbai Consulate? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.