Hardship waiver

J1 Hardship Waiver 2021-2022 Timeline

1,975 posts in this topic

Hello guys, 

I hope everyone is doing well and everyone gets his/her waiver soon. 
I have pending waiver for more than 13 months now since I-612/I-613 received by DOS. I am wondering what is the average processing time at DOS right now? 
also attached is my timeline and documents. Could you please take a look and let me know if everything looks good and everything is already received by DOS. I see “other” at timeline of some people and I am afraid that something might be missing from my case. 
thanks and I really appreciate your thoughts 40E48BAF-1496-4F02-8049-9DD50361DCE1.jpeg.0810ce8b8c75e2b20b7288c2cd040f3a.jpeg

2 hours ago, AM820 said:

Hello guys, 

I hope everyone is doing well and everyone gets his/her waiver soon. 
I have pending waiver for more than 13 months now since I-612/I-613 received by DOS. I am wondering what is the average processing time at DOS right now? 
also attached is my timeline and documents. Could you please take a look and let me know if everything looks good and everything is already received by DOS. I see “other” at timeline of some people and I am afraid that something might be missing from my case. 
thanks and I really appreciate your thoughts 40E48BAF-1496-4F02-8049-9DD50361DCE1.jpeg.0810ce8b8c75e2b20b7288c2cd040f3a.jpeg

hi @AM820 

The processing time may vary. I know of cases that are pending since 2021 and know cases that are fresher than yours, but already got decisions. As a rough estimate I am looking for 15 months at DOS, but again this depends on many things.

As for the "other", anything that is not directly asked (i.e passport, DS forms, I-612/613) will fall under the Other category. So some people have it other's don't.

I would suggest contacting the email address that WRD has to confirm that they have everything from your end.

39 minutes ago, extreme_hardship said:

hi @AM820 

The processing time may vary. I know of cases that are pending since 2021 and know cases that are fresher than yours, but already got decisions. As a rough estimate I am looking for 15 months at DOS, but again this depends on many things.

As for the "other", anything that is not directly asked (i.e passport, DS forms, I-612/613) will fall under the Other category. So some people have it other's don't.

I would suggest contacting the email address that WRD has to confirm that they have everything from your end.

Thank you very much for the information. Regarding the inquiries, my lawyer has cautioned me against contacting the Department of State, stating that they may delay or even deny my case based on those inquiries. I'm quite sure he's incorrect, but I wanted to check with you before potentially challenging his opinion. 😄😄😄.

45 minutes ago, AM820 said:

Thank you very much for the information. Regarding the inquiries, my lawyer has cautioned me against contacting the Department of State, stating that they may delay or even deny my case based on those inquiries. I'm quite sure he's incorrect, but I wanted to check with you before potentially challenging his opinion. 😄😄😄.

Oh i meant an email, not an official inquiry. I don't think those cause delay, but, hey, who am I to argue. I don't have a law degree :) 

That being said, I can see that this person had the same documents as you and got a Favorable, which means, his case was considered complete. Good luck!

1837861524_Screenshot2023-04-18at6_58_45PM.thumb.png.f406c5b2e9f66b8005bbcd3842f38985.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.