Hardship waiver

J1 Hardship Waiver 2021-2022 Timeline

1,968 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Honduras
Timeline
21 hours ago, Kel-Thuzad said:

I checked more online and only found that maybe people who are already under some OTHER visa may be able to adjust their status, but not people who are currently under the J1 visa subject to 212e... 

can you share a little more insights on this ? I am a labor trafficking victim and I currently have a T1 visa , a week ago my attorney finally said that we should go for the adjustment of status while we wait for the waiver to be processed at some point but I am worried. 

Filed: Other Country: Angola
Timeline
28 minutes ago, worrieduser said:

can you share a little more insights on this ? I am a labor trafficking victim and I currently have a T1 visa , a week ago my attorney finally said that we should go for the adjustment of status while we wait for the waiver to be processed at some point but I am worried. 

Hey sorry for your experience that’s so sad! Any news about your sponsor views have they received an answer finally? They processed some July 2023 cases already..

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Sabina Bart said:

Hey sorry for your experience that’s so sad! Any news about your sponsor views have they received an answer finally? They processed some July 2023 cases already..

Nothing, still waiting 😭

Timeline
33 minutes ago, worrieduser said:

Nothing, still waiting 😭

Damn haven't you been waiting over a month? Maybe it's coming this month?? I saw a case from May 2022 and they received their views back fast in one week but also that person has been waiting for almost 2 years…

Just now, Sabina Bart said:

Damn haven't you been waiting over a month? Maybe it's coming this month?? I saw a case from May 2022 and they received their views back fast in one week but also that person has been waiting for almost 2 years…

And they just got approved this week, there are couple left from 2022 who are waiting for the responses from sponsors!  

Timeline
1 minute ago, Sabina Bart said:

And they just got approved this week, there are couple left from 2022 who are waiting for the responses from sponsors!  

I am not even in the sponsor views stage yet, 

Timeline
28 minutes ago, worrieduser said:

I am not even in the sponsor views stage yet, 

Wait I thought or maybe it's someone else who said their sponsors views have been requested? So yours haven’t? When did they get your docs? 

On 3/8/2024 at 11:11 AM, Kel-Thuzad said:

I checked more online and only found that maybe people who are already under some OTHER visa may be able to adjust their status, but not people who are currently under the J1 visa subject to 212e... 

Ah, yes, sorry. I had J1, then i left the country, got F1, did my program, was on stem opt, and got o1 and a change of status. So not from J1. 

1 minute ago, Sabina Bart said:

Sorry dude, how long now? Over a month? 

Yes. More than a month now. I would understand it since I am Fulbright. However, I literally just saw someone else’s case who was on Fulbright get a decision in less than a month from the date they requested sponsor views. While I am still waiting. I don’t get it. They need to be consistent 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Wyboxcx said:

Yes. More than a month now. I would understand it since I am Fulbright. However, I literally just saw someone else’s case who was on Fulbright get a decision in less than a month from the date they requested sponsor views. While I am still waiting. I don’t get it. They need to be consistent 

17 minutes ago, Wyboxcx said:

Yeah I know it could also be that their priority date is earlier than yours aren't you from March 2023? 
Mine is January 2023… I see they are reviewing 2022 right now someone for within a week views back well those people waited for 2 almost years at dos insane! Everything will be ok, patience and patience. Positive thoughts! 

On 3/9/2024 at 11:40 AM, worrieduser said:

I think it is as simple as that, especially if your attorney says so. If you are not CURRENTLY on your barred J1, you can adjust your status (not to the prohibited visas though, so no K-H-L-greencard situation)

5 hours ago, Wyboxcx said:

Is the J-1 visa waiver status website working for you guys? I just tried to check my status and it is not showing anything. I tried to see if there is any scheduled update announcement but didn’t see anything. Just want to make sure it’s not just me?

It's not working for me either.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.