Hardship waiver

J1 Hardship Waiver 2021-2022 Timeline

1,971 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Angola
Timeline
6 hours ago, Wyboxcx said:

Is the J-1 visa waiver status website working for you guys? I just tried to check my status and it is not showing anything. I tried to see if there is any scheduled update announcement but didn’t see anything. Just want to make sure it’s not just me?

The same for me maybe all of us have been checking it too much that the web site crashed jk 🤪

Timeline
10 hours ago, Sabina Bart said:

The same for me maybe all of us have been checking it too much that the web site crashed jk 🤪

Hey guys the web site is still down.. So weird, hopefully tomorrow we will be able to access it! 

I am also looking at USCIS website every day to see maybe something changed in my case =D

I am also between two career choices where one can potentially give me the interest of a national agency (for the case of hardship will not work), and another one would be a job I would like more xD

USCIS's decision on hardship would be really helpful but probably not gonna happen in time.

Just now, Kel-Thuzad said:

How common are these not favorable recommendations and why are these even happening after USCIS's positive judgement...?

They have become far more common than most people will make you believe these days. The truth is no one knows how DOS makes such decisions as their process is a black box. 

Timeline
On 3/14/2024 at 11:44 PM, BadAss007 said:

At this point, I just wanna die, this j1 process ruined my life, made me lost my self, brought nothing but anxiety and depression on me 

Stay strong buddy, I know it’s tough! Faith and patience, and patience is virtue. Positive thinking I know it’s hard just force yourself into it. Meditation helps too!! 

Timeline
On 3/12/2024 at 11:43 AM, Wyboxcx said:

Yeah I saw it’s back and was hoping for a status update but it’s still stuck on pending 😭

Any news? It's like end of March now 😕

Hi all, I got my favorable recommendation yesterday! Now waiting for the USCIS final document before going for GC. 

I was a Fulbright, so it is possible. I will say that I am from a political enemy country of the US, so I'm not sure how much that played a role given the restrictions and sanctions imposed on my home country in the past. The hardship case was for spouse, who struggles with mental health issues, also my spouse is a member of lgbtq, so I am sure that also played a role given my country's anti-LBTQIA+ laws. I was also a sole breadwinner and insurance provider in our household. We worked with Ranchod law firm and they did a decent job, a bit slow on the start, but the case was presented well. Good luck to all who are waiting! I will be disconnecting from this forum after a couple of days, happy to answer questions in the meantime.

Edited by blooper1899

5 minutes ago, blooper1899 said:

Hi all, I got my favorable recommendation yesterday! Now waiting for the USCIS final document before going for GC. 

I was a Fulbright, so it is possible. I will say that I am from a political enemy country of the US, so I'm not sure how much that played a role given the restrictions and sanctions imposed on my home country in the past. The hardship case was for spouse, who struggles with mental health issues, also my spouse is a member of lgbtq, so I am sure that also played a role given my country's anti-LBTQIA+ laws. I was also a sole breadwinner and insurance provider in our household. We worked with Ranchod law firm and they did a decent job, a bit slow on the start, but the case was presented well. Good luck to all who are waiting! I will be disconnecting from this forum after a couple of days, happy to answer questions in the meantime.

Congratulations. That’s awesome!! You must be very relieved. Just a question: how long did you wait between Sponsor views received and the recommendation? 

7 minutes ago, Wyboxcx said:

Congratulations. That’s awesome!! You must be very relieved. Just a question: how long did you wait between Sponsor views received and the recommendation? 

Forever! They sent for SV on Jan 26, got the SV back on February 1, and sent the recommendation only yesterday, so they waited 1.5 months before they sent recommendation. I don't know why they do what they do. 

I've waited at DOS since June 22, 2022

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.