HannahP

The new fees...

31 posts in this topic

Certainly not. But read his post again.

He implies VJ does.

will you have your marriage certificate then? Because you will need to send a copy of it with i130.

More like I-485, NOT I-130, they are adjusting status from K-1, not filing for a CR-1/IR-1 visa.

But yes a copy of marriage Certificate needs to be in the AOS package, and well as vaccination supplement from a civil surgeon.

I have seen some recommendations to "forget" to include things that are ready by the time of the deadline, and then supply the "missing/forgotton" document when a RFE is generated for the "missing/forgotten" document.

Since when does VJ advocate leaving things out of the original package????

I am not sure I got that from his post, but I suppose if you wanted to you could make that leap....

The 'leap' I made when I read it (and this is of course just my interpretation, I'm not attempting to 'translate' what he was saying!) was to read it as "I'm not saying this is what I'd do personally, but some people have suggested...."

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

He implies VJ does.

will you have your marriage certificate then? Because you will need to send a copy of it with i130.

More like I-485, NOT I-130, they are adjusting status from K-1, not filing for a CR-1/IR-1 visa.

But yes a copy of marriage Certificate needs to be in the AOS package, and well as vaccination supplement from a civil surgeon.

I have seen some recommendations to "forget" to include things that are ready by the time of the deadline, and then supply the "missing/forgotton" document when a RFE is generated for the "missing/forgotten" document.

I am not sure I got that from his post, but I suppose if you wanted to you could make that leap....

Well lal_brandow did as well, hence her comment.

Isn't one of the jobs of mods to correct wrong information? Yodrak?

The 'leap' I made when I read it (and this is of course just my interpretation, I'm not attempting to 'translate' what he was saying!) was to read it as "I'm not saying this is what I'd do personally, but some people have suggested...."

EXACTLY. Doesn't that imply some (people = VJERs) have suggested it....???

Edited by devilette

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

EXACTLY. Doesn't that imply some (VJERs) have suggested it....???

VJ'ers maybe.. VJ NO... unless of course by merely being a memeber here we are automatically an agent of VJ.

YMMV

Since when does VJ do VJers advocate leaving things out of the original package???? :blink:

He implies VJ does.

I "eeeked" because I can't imagine people suggesting this, however I don't believe Yu&Dan was necessarily advocating this when he stated it. If he was, I would "eeeek" again :).

Mods do not correct bad information unless we stumble upon it as a "member". Make sense?

He implies VJ does.

I "eeeked" because I can't imagine people suggesting this, however I don't believe Yu&Dan was necessarily advocating this when he stated it. If he was, I would "eeeek" again :).

Mods do not correct bad information unless we stumble upon it as a "member". Make sense?

But weren't you replying as a member? When does one hat go on & another come off?

Why isn't anyone saying this is incorrect info? Or a bad recommendation? We don't normally let bad info fly on VJ?

devilette,

He implies nothing about VJ.

I have seen the same recommendation, by the way. Given by an experienced and notable US immigration attorney. Not on VJ.

Yodrak

He implies VJ does.

devilette,

Since when is YuAndDan VJ's spokesperson?

You're not appointing them, are you?

Yodrak

devilette,

No, it is not.

The world of immigration is many orders of magnitude larger than VJ.

Yodrak

devilette,

No, it is not.

The world of immigration is many orders of magnitude larger than VJ.

Yodrak

of course it is, I never said differently.

I give up Yodrak. You win. Every time. :wacko:

devilette,

He implies nothing about VJ.

I have seen the same recommendation, by the way. Given by an experienced and notable US immigration attorney. Not on VJ.

Yodrak

He implies VJ does.

devilette,

Since when is YuAndDan VJ's spokesperson?

You're not appointing them, are you?

Yodrak

Great. So why not start recommending incomplete packages on VJ then?

That's also the interpretation I took from YuandDan's statement.

I think what I would be more concerned about is the potential backlash in making such a recommendation - "You're a mod! You said I could do this!" - but really, that can apply to any statement made by anyone in this forum to anybody.

Personally, I think leaving out evidence just to make the price hike cutoff sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
We're getting married on 7/23 and planning to file for the next step - EAD/AP/AOS - the next day.

If the new fees start on 7/31, do you guys think that we'll be okay?

Please check and see how long it will take to get a copy of Marriage Cert. Most places it will take 10-14 days, That why we got married yesterday, 11 plus 14 is the 25th (we also cutting it close) , I'm also needing other doc. as well but Good Luck with your Papers!!

George & Jenny

Visa issued: 04-13-2007

Entered USA: 05/30/2007

Married: 07/11/2007

Filed AOS/EAD: 07/27/200

NOA: AOS/EAD:09/10/2007

BIOMETRICS: 10/04/2007

Green Card Issued 11/21/2007

I agree about checking - but my county clerk said I could have the certified marriage certificate on the same day we get married. So it won't necessarily take 10 - 14 days.

SA4userbar.jpg

Murr.

The clerk says that it usually takes 1-2 days *after* the justice returns the original to the courthouse.

We're getting married *at* the courthouse, although at 4:45 which is right before it closes. Hopefully we will be able to impress upon him the necessity of getting things done as quickly as possible. If not, I'm am not above taking some of the...contentious advice given earlier in my thread. ;) (Although it's kind of a balancing game -- massive increase in filing fees versus a RFE which may hold up our EAD?)

Looked through the guide and it says that there should be an I-693(a) for the vaccine supplement, but I can't seem to find it on the uscis site? Do I need to get this through the civil surgeon? How does the vaccine check work -- will he draw titers, check the boy's vaccine history that he submited with the medical back in Canada...?

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.