BOKURAGAITA

Sputum Question

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good day,

So in my last post Im under Sputum Oct 20,21 & 22 and has to come back Dec 22 which is very close to holidays, they told me (slec) they may extend my result date but i wish they wouldn't. 

So my fiancé (petitoner/us citizen) has a question that i dont even know the answer, he asked if its possible to ask Slec to give my result as early as possible? like 1week early of Dec 22? I dont even know how and what to answer and in my part i want to spend the entire week before Christmas at home with my children. 

He expect that if we wait til Dec 22, chances that they may extend sputum result so as the reschedule K1 interview, we're hopeful to spend the New Yr together but i dont think we can. 

oh a K1 applicant tild me that SLEC gave a K1 applicant before their result for a favor 1 or 2 weeka early since they need to travel from the Province and was granted. And a friend mentuoned that usually slec sputum results are done 3 weeks or 2 weeks before the actual date they asked u to come back. idk if its true. 

Edited by BOKURAGAITA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sputum protocol is followed very closely by SLEC due to contractual arrangement and with the mentality of "do for one do for others" highly unlikely.  On the up side since you are dealing with SLEC go ahead and request exemption.  

Timeline
2 minutes ago, PWB said:

Sputum protocol is followed very closely by SLEC due to contractual arrangement and with the mentality of "do for one do for others" highly unlikely.  On the up side since you are dealing with SLEC go ahead and request exemption.  

Thank you for your response.

I mean idc if that works to other but good for them and i have no plan of sending tons of emails though because im stress enough that im delayed. My concern is i wish they wont tell me to come back after the holiday because that is something I would be piss thinking I have to travel back and fort. 

Maybe im gonna ignore my fiance this time. 

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, BOKURAGAITA said:

if its possible to ask Slec to give my result as early as possible? like 1week early of Dec 22?

Very unlikely and also pointless.  Even if they tell you the result a week early, they won't send the results to USEM until after the scheduled release date.  They cannot send the results to USEM early because if they did, it would be obvious to USEM from the sputum collection dates that SLEC did not follow CDC requirements for length of testing.  You will not get rescheduled for interview until USEM gets the medical exam results.

Tell your fiance that it would be next to impossible for you to be in the US by Jan 1.  In my case, I was notified of my expedited interview schedule 3 weeks after the release of my medical results.  My interview date was 3 weeks more after that.  And my case is IR1.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Very unlikely and also pointless.  Even if they tell you the result a week early, they won't send the results to USEM until after the scheduled release date.  They cannot send the results to USEM early because if they did, it would be obvious to USEM from the sputum collection dates that SLEC did not follow CDC requirements for length of testing.  You will not get rescheduled for interview until USEM gets the medical exam results.

Tell your fiance that it would be next to impossible for you to be in the US by Jan 1.  In my case, I was notified of my expedited interview schedule 3 weeks after the release of my medical results.  My interview date was 3 weeks more after that.  And my case is IR1.

I mean its not my idea and wasn't thinking of doing it. He asked me and idk what to say because this whole Sputum thingy drained me i swear. And yes that makes sense if they send it right away it will be in trouble.

Im going to enjoy my holidays and make sure to travel  Manila brfore xmas🤦‍♀️😖

1 minute ago, BOKURAGAITA said:

this whole Sputum thingy drained me i swear.

I can totally relate.  I survived the 10+ month wait for petition approval just fine.  But the 2 month wait for sputum test results were totally depressing.  I was so unmotivated to do anything.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

For so many of us SLEC was a horrid experience. We went through Sputum Protocol twice and the USEM tried to send her a third time.  On the positive side as soon as we pointed out the mistakes she got her visa within a week.  Sounds like you have the right attitude, best wishes and enjoy the holidays.

Timeline
1 hour ago, PWB said:

For so many of us SLEC was a horrid experience. We went through Sputum Protocol twice and the USEM tried to send her a third time.  On the positive side as soon as we pointed out the mistakes she got her visa within a week.  Sounds like you have the right attitude, best wishes and enjoy the holidays.

Im sorry that happened in your process, I would be seriously piss if theyll do it twice like dang give me a break. Hopefully no delay or whatsoever, in cgi the earliest date is in Dec 16 hoping to get an interview on the 23th because going back and fort from Cebu Province is exhausting and costly. 

Thanks. 

Screenshot_20211115-171318_Chrome.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.