roxan

do we need to process adoption for my baby?

9 posts in this topic

hello to all! im new here.. i would like to hear from your comments about my situation...i have a pretty baby girl which i had when i was single now that im married to an american citizen. i have a friend who told me that my husband should adopt my babby while we are still here in the philippines. coz the interviewer might ask about it...and there is a posibilities that they will deny us (knock on woods!). im bothered though coz other say its not needed coz my babby is using my family name and i never put my ex's name on her birth certifecate i put unknown....i wouuld love to hear from you. God Bless! :):)

Edited by roxan

hello to all! im new here.. i would like to hear from your comments about my situation...i have a pretty baby girl which i had when i was single now that im married to an american citizen. i have a friend who told me that my husband should adopt my babby while we are still here in the philippines. coz the interviewer might ask about it...and there is a posibilities that they will deny us (knock on woods!). im bothered though coz other say its not needed coz my babby is using my family name and i never put my ex's name on her birth certifecate i put unknown....i wouuld love to hear from you. God Bless! :):)

[/quote

It's very difficult for an American to adopt a child in the Philippines as for one the child has to be abandoned.

Plus the child has to be in PHYSICAL and legal custody of the person adopting for 2 years in the Philippines.

Best is for hubby to do a separate petition at the same time as he does yours.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Similarish question. My son's going to come over with us when (please when) our K-1 goes through. It says that I need to have permission from his dad, but we've had no contact at all since I was pregnant (he's not a nice guy). Do I need to search him out, or should I just explain that he has never been a part of my son's life. He's not named on my son's birth cert as it is required for the father to be there, or submit documentation, to be named on the cert.

Anyone help?

1999 - Met on Yahoo chat service

1999 - Fell in love

1999 - 2005 - Continued talking on a daily basis

2004 - T applied for student visa for semester of study in US

Jan 2005 - T flew to States to begin course

March 2005 - T flew to CA. D picked up at airport. Finally met in person!

April 2005 - T flies back to University

April 2005 - D flies out to be with T

May 2005 - Both fly back to CA and begin living together

Sept 2005 - T flies back to UK to resume studies

Oct 2005 - D flies out to UK to be with T - Decide we want to get married!!!

April 2006 - D and T move to Ireland

March 2007 - We download paperwork for I 129-F

April 2007 - Send off forms to Texas Service Center

June 2007 - Still waiting to hear back

July 2007 - Still waiting to hear anything AT ALL! Very angry

7th July 2007 - We called the USCIS and were given our receipt number. We also signed up for the USCIS online service. Learned that our petition arrived on May 15th and last action was May 25th 2007 - Much happier

4th October 2007 - Petition Approved!!!!!!

24 April 2008 - Interview at US Embassy Dublin

17 June 2008 - Arrived back in US together

10th SEPTEMBER 2008 - MARRIED!!!!!

Similarish question. My son's going to come over with us when (please when) our K-1 goes through. It says that I need to have permission from his dad, but we've had no contact at all since I was pregnant (he's not a nice guy). Do I need to search him out, or should I just explain that he has never been a part of my son's life. He's not named on my son's birth cert as it is required for the father to be there, or submit documentation, to be named on the cert.

Anyone help?

Talk to a lawyer in your country, that is not common knowledge and it depends on the legislation of each country.

You have at least 2 issues to deal with: 1) father "unknown" - since it's not on his birth certificate - but still it might depend whether or not the baby was born within a marriage - 2) the issue of the father's agreement (if the father is known). In some countries (like in mine) the agreement of the father is not necessary in order to take the baby out of the country, in case one of the parents has the custody of the child.

So, my advice is to act fast (was the baby on the petition?), talk to a lawyer specialized in family matters, and don't contact the father unless it's really necesary, to avoid being submitted to an emotional blackmail.

Had he been involved in your child's life... that would have been another story, moral & legal implications arising from there as well.

Wishing you good luck, B.

K-1 petition

February 6th 2007 - K1 petition sent to TSC

February 16th 2007 - cheque cashed

February 22nd 2007 - NOA1 received by mail!

May 16th - received NOA2 hardcopy

May 25th - first set of documents received home in Bucharest (list of documents to present at the interview) - based on fiance's request to open a provisional file

May 30th - packet arrived at the Embassy, Embassy notifies us about it.

June 21st - interview APPROVED!

June 22nd - VISA

August 17th - arriving in USA, through JFK

Sept 8th - wedding :)

AOS

Nov. 14th 2007 - delivered in Chicago

Dec. 18th 2007 - NOA for AOS, EAD, AP

Jan. 08th 2008 - Biometrics

Jan 09th 2008 - Transferred to CSC

Jan 09th 2008 - AP approved, EAD card production ordered

Jan 16th 2008 - AP in mail

Jan 19th 2008 - EAD in mail!!!

Jan 24th 2008 - AOS touch

Feb 05th 2008 - AOS touch

Feb 06th 2008 - AOS touch - RFE sent out

March 7th 2008 - Sent response to RFE (new medical)

March 28th 2008 - CRIS e-mail: CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

April 4th 2008 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED

ROC

Feb. 5th - package delivered at USCIS Vermont

Feb 11th - check cashed

Feb 13th - NOA 1 received for myself (NOA date: 02/05)

Feb 26th - Biometrics

Feb 28th - touch

March 1st - touch

April 26th - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Firstly they wont deny you just bc you have a child and its not your husband's. He does not have to hurry and adopt, you can do that in the US. adoption is an option, not a nessesity. Your husband can do it if he wants, it wont interfere with the interview.

My main concern was tho you thinking youd be denied if he didnt adopt your baby.

Good Luck.

Edited by Ionescu

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

[/quo

i am sure theres no problem in your case as long as you can prove to the consular officers during interview that's its your baby and you have baby pictures with her since birth you will be fine.

jazzy

4-26-06 Married Cebu, Philippines

I-130 (wife & step daughter)

5-05-06 sent

5-08-06 received

5-20-06 Noa#1 (notice date)

5-25-06 Noa#1 (mail recieved)

5-31-06 (touched)

7-12-06 (touched) received email....cases transfered to CSC

7-13-06 (touched)

7-17-06 received NOA in mail (transfer notice)

7-19-06 CSC received petitions

7-20-06 (touched)

7-21-06 (touched)

7-22-06 (touched)

8-03-06 APPROVED (via email)

8-04-06 (touched)

8-06-06 (touched)

8-08-06 received NOA#2 in mail(sent to NVC)

NVC

8-17-06 NVC received and assigned case #s

8-28-06 ds-3032 and aos bill generated (sent out same day)

9-06-06 ds-3032 accepted (email) - resent for cr-2

9-18-06 IV bills received and express mailed

9-20-06 received AOS in mail

9-21-06 AOS sent

9-23-06 (touched)...weird

9-25-06 ds-230 generated

9-30-06 ds-230 received in mail

10-3-06 ds-230 mailed to nvc

10-17-06 CASE COMPLETE!!!

12-26-06 Case sent to manila

12-30-06 Rececieved Packet 4

2-01-07 St. Lukes complete

2-8-07 INTERVIEW!!!!!! AR-need to submit photos of step daughter

2-10-07 Mailed photos to embassy

2-13-07 Photos arrive at embassy

2-21-07 Photos made it out of mail room to case worker!!

3-07-07 Delbros text...VISAS released from embassy

3-09-07 VISAS IN HAND!!!!!!!!

3-29-07 Arrived in Newark (POE)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
Talk to a lawyer in your country, that is not common knowledge and it depends on the legislation of each country.

You have at least 2 issues to deal with: 1) father "unknown" - since it's not on his birth certificate - but still it might depend whether or not the baby was born within a marriage - 2) the issue of the father's agreement (if the father is known). In some countries (like in mine) the agreement of the father is not necessary in order to take the baby out of the country, in case one of the parents has the custody of the child.

So, my advice is to act fast (was the baby on the petition?), talk to a lawyer specialized in family matters, and don't contact the father unless it's really necesary, to avoid being submitted to an emotional blackmail.

Had he been involved in your child's life... that would have been another story, moral & legal implications arising from there as well.

Wishing you good luck, B.

Thanks for getting back to me about this. I think we should be okay as I am the only one with parental responsibility for my son and, as such, his father has no legal rights toward him. I checked that with a family lawyer out here, just to know the situation really.

My son was not born within a marriage. I have never been married and I was only 21 when he was born. His "father" (I hate to use that word for that man) played the usual "I'm too young, I want to have fun" line and I ended up having my son three weeks before going back to start my second year at university. While I was rasing a child and studying for my degree, he wanted to party and do nothing. Ahh well.

Like I say, he's had no involvment in my son's life and my son is now coming up to 9 years of age.

Thanks again:)

Edited by redpixie

1999 - Met on Yahoo chat service

1999 - Fell in love

1999 - 2005 - Continued talking on a daily basis

2004 - T applied for student visa for semester of study in US

Jan 2005 - T flew to States to begin course

March 2005 - T flew to CA. D picked up at airport. Finally met in person!

April 2005 - T flies back to University

April 2005 - D flies out to be with T

May 2005 - Both fly back to CA and begin living together

Sept 2005 - T flies back to UK to resume studies

Oct 2005 - D flies out to UK to be with T - Decide we want to get married!!!

April 2006 - D and T move to Ireland

March 2007 - We download paperwork for I 129-F

April 2007 - Send off forms to Texas Service Center

June 2007 - Still waiting to hear back

July 2007 - Still waiting to hear anything AT ALL! Very angry

7th July 2007 - We called the USCIS and were given our receipt number. We also signed up for the USCIS online service. Learned that our petition arrived on May 15th and last action was May 25th 2007 - Much happier

4th October 2007 - Petition Approved!!!!!!

24 April 2008 - Interview at US Embassy Dublin

17 June 2008 - Arrived back in US together

10th SEPTEMBER 2008 - MARRIED!!!!!

We had the same situation and plan. I went to DSWD to process the adoption, but I was turned down. The parents must be married at least two years, of which we do not qualify.

NATURALIZATION

01-11-2014 N-400 Packet Sent

01-17-2014 Check cleared

01-24-2014 Received NOA dated 01/14 in the mail

02-20-2014 1st Service Request created for delayed biometric appointment letter

03-01-2014 Received 'yellow' letter in the mail

03-28-2014 2nd Service Request created since the 1st request had no response from the assigned Service Center

04-07-2014 Received biometric appointment letter in the mail

04-25-2014 At last, my biometric appointment!!!!

06-09-2014 Interview - recommended for approval!

07-17-2014 Oath Ceremoney USCIS-Orlando Office! I'm A United States Citizen

AOS AND EAD
02-13-2009 AOS Packet Sent
02-15-2009 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
02-23-2009 Date of NOA1 (AOS & EAD)
02-25-2009 Check Cleared
02-27-2009 Received NOA1s (AOS and EAD) and Bio Appointment Letter in the mail!!
03-18-2009 Biometric Appointment
04-17-2009 EAD card production ordered!
04-27-2009 EAD card in received in mail
06-19-2009 Received interview appointment in the mail
08-19-2009 Interview Date APPROVED!
08-28-2009 Received 10-year GC in the mail

Firstly they wont deny you just bc you have a child and its not your husband's. He does not have to hurry and adopt, you can do that in the US. adoption is an option, not a nessesity. Your husband can do it if he wants, it wont interfere with the interview.

My main concern was tho you thinking youd be denied if he didnt adopt your baby.

Good Luck.

ok thanks a lot for your comments. my friend just brought that up when we were talking. thats why i was worried coz i dont have any idea about that. God Bless!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.