BeHealthy

NVC to Mumbai Consulate Gather Here!!!

1,124 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Prithvi-Mandayam said:

But do you know why we are skipped then? Perhaps some glitch in the software code?

They shouldn't have any glitch if they did then why some people from Feb DQ date got letters and some from early March.

Only reason I can think of is that petitioner was Green card holder when he/she applied for l-130 but later they became US citizen, and their case type has been changed now. 

13 hours ago, Gg GG said:

I went to spouse timeline and did deep research people with DQ date upto June 10th has gotten ILs. 

Only few people earlier than this date hasn't got IL, there has to be a reason may be their file was submitted paper based or something. I would recommend them to reach out NVC and mumbai consulate.

I did contact to NVC through inquiry form but there is a long wait on response from NVC. Anyone knows faster way of contacting NVC and getting response from them earlier? 

2 minutes ago, Prithvi-Mandayam said:

Nope, his DQ is June 10th. As I said, he's a lucky fellow.

wow

2 minutes ago, Guddi said:

Anyone knows faster way of contacting NVC and getting response from them earlier?

Nope, and I heard that they apparently cut their phone lines. I also contacted through public inquiry form and I'm awaiting a response. And even IF you do contact them, they'll just give a generic response like they gave for everyone else.

10 hours ago, Gg GG said:

They shouldn't have any glitch if they did then why some people from Feb DQ date got letters and some from early March.

Only reason I can think of is that petitioner was Green card holder when he/she applied for l-130 but later they became US citizen, andheir case type has been changed now. 

No I do not think this is the reason, I was US citizen when I applied for I-130 for my husband. He is DQ in January 2022 and still waiting for IL. But I do see one reason. Some people converted from IR1 to CRI category recently. We were IR1 category but now I see they converted us to CR1 

2 minutes ago, Guddi said:

Right. and no idea why they skipped these months period from the scheduling interview 

There are a few theories going around. One popular one is that most CR1 people DQ'd in January, February, and early to mid March will convert to IR1 within a few months, so the NVC will wait until they convert (or are close to converting) before issuing ILs, and so they will skip us and in the meantime, give ILs to other DQ'd people.

3 minutes ago, Prithvi-Mandayam said:

There are a few theories going around. One popular one is that most CR1 people DQ'd in January, February, and early to mid March will convert to IR1 within a few months, so the NVC will wait until they convert (or are close to converting) before issuing ILs, and so they will skip us and in the meantime, give ILs to other DQ'd people.

But we were IR5 initially and converted to CR1. and I heard the CR1 category getting ILs right now. 
CR1 means married couple since less than 2 years correct?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.