BeHealthy

NVC to Mumbai Consulate Gather Here!!!

1,124 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, RobinGT said:

I was told by our attorney that we needed the original hard copy for the NVC when we were submitting documents. When we were married they told us in Delhi, that we would get a hard copy original in the mail. Of course India speed post... it never arrived. I had to track down our lawyer in Delhi who helped us with that and he was able (luckily) to give tp my brother in law who happened to be there on his way back to see my husband and brought to him.I was told we wouldn't need it by the lawyer in Delhi since we too had a link and an e copy. My lawyer was adamant we get the original. Try to get it if possible though.Maybe it's changed. We were married in 2019. 

You do need original hard copy with the stamps for USCIS and consulate. 

On 11/3/2021 at 8:51 AM, BeHealthy said:

Hello All,

Please let's gather here. I am trying to get an approximate headcount of us who are DQ'ed and waiting for an interview at Mumbai Consulate.

Share  your PD, DQ and visa class information.

DQ'ed :  11/01/2021

Consulate: Mumbai

Priority Date: 08/29/2019

Visa Class: IR1

Thank you!

BeHealthy!

DQ’d 08/06/2021

Consulate: Mumbai 

priority date: 07/30/2019

Visa class: IR-1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
8 hours ago, ashish tailor said:

You do need original hard copy with the stamps for USCIS and consulate. 

Hi!

Thanks for the response! But we never submitted hard copies anywhere. Our lawyers filed everything online I think, so they never asked for original hard copy, even for USCIS process. I asked around my friends who got married recently and even they got the same online copy and no hard copy. That is why I am not sure. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Timeline

The online generated one is the original marriage certificate. Even we were married in march 2020. There's nothing with the stamp. 

Edited by Savman

Timeline

Thank you so much for the help. I was Just worried about it and didn't wanna be unprepared with the documents at the interview (whenever that will be 🙄). 

It's just they uploaded such a bad quality of the certificate that when I take a print out even the colored one, we can't even see our faces clearly. But we also figured they can cross reference through the serial number provided. Just wanted to be sure.

Timeline

any update on anybody getting visa call recently at bombay embassy? 

Atlanta, GA (MM-DD-YYYY)
I-130 (IR-1) TIMELINE [MUMBAI CONSULATE]
07-02-2020 - I-130 SENT
06-01-2021 - APPROVED

NVC
06-06-2021 - Recevied NVC case no. - case entered into nvc's system

06-08-2021 - AOS fee
06-08-2021 - IV fee
07-05-2021 - IV & AOS documents submitted online

07-19-2021 - received message from NVC about case can not be processed unless all civil documents are submitted (was missing police clearance)

08-12-2021 - submitted police clearance certificate - which was last document submitted to NVC

11-05-2021 - Case completed at NVC - DQ

03-31-2022 - Interview letter received

04-28-2022 - Interview date at mumbai embassy

9 hours ago, RSF_L said:

Hi!

Thanks for the response! But we never submitted hard copies anywhere. Our lawyers filed everything online I think, so they never asked for original hard copy, even for USCIS process. I asked around my friends who got married recently and even they got the same online copy and no hard copy. That is why I am not sure. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Our online copy was sent a few days after marriage I’m Delhi but we had to have the original to bring to the interview. We submitted the e copy or our lawyer did. But  she said we need to bring the original to the interview. Maybe it’s changed.

As many of you aware that case number can be deciphered the following way
XXX2020770040

XXX - Embassy code
2020 - year in which case was created
770 - number of case created in this category
040 - unique case number at embassy

I checked for Mumbai and noticed case category from 770 - 779 and each category has case numbers between 50 and 75 cases. My case category fall in this range. I'm not sure how many other case categories are there. Roughly ~700 (10 X 70) cases in this category for 2020.

Does any one aware of any other categories?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, Kamal21 said:

As many of you aware that case number can be deciphered the following way
XXX2020770040

XXX - Embassy code
2020 - year in which case was created
770 - number of case created in this category
040 - unique case number at embassy

I checked for Mumbai and noticed case category from 770 - 779 and each category has case numbers between 50 and 75 cases. My case category fall in this range. I'm not sure how many other case categories are there. Roughly ~700 (10 X 70) cases in this category for 2020.

Does any one aware of any other categories?

No. Your calculation is wrong. After seeing your email I did some research and I think I can decipher the Case Id correctly. 

For example BMB2020501001 would be the case number for a person whose case was created at NVC on Jan 1, 2020 for Mumbai Consulate. And his was the first case created on that day.

First three characters represent the consulate.

next 4 digits - year

next 3 digits = 501 = 500 + 1 = 500 + day of the year. 

If the case was created on Feb 28, then day of the year would be 59. Those 3 digits would be 500 + 59 = 559.

Last three digits is the sequence number given to your case created on that day.

Bottom line is - we get nothing from deciphering the case id. :)

8 minutes ago, BeHealthy said:

No. Your calculation is wrong. After seeing your email I did some research and I think I can decipher the Case Id correctly. 

For example BMB2020501001 would be the case number for a person whose case was created at NVC on Jan 1, 2020 for Mumbai Consulate. And his was the first case created on that day.

First three characters represent the consulate.

next 4 digits - year

next 3 digits = 501 = 500 + 1 = 500 + day of the year. 

If the case was created on Feb 28, then day of the year would be 59. Those 3 digits would be 500 + 59 = 559.

Last three digits is the sequence number given to your case created on that day.

Bottom line is - we get nothing from deciphering the case id. :)

Haha. Like your last line. LoL

Timeline

An update on our case. 
We were originally gonna reschedule since I have our original marriage certificate & I can’t get there in the 2.5 week notice we got for interview but after a good nights sleep we figured we might as well try to get to the interview since been waiting over a year for it.

So since I can’t get there, I’m express shipping our original marriage certificate and all other legal documents I thought Sidd might need for interview. We’ve had horrible luck with shipping things to each other, so really praying this makes it there in time. 
Sidd was in process of renewing his rental agreement when we got IL and he needs that proof of address for his updated PCC so he’s been begging people last few days to get all that and PCC stuff done, which it’s now looking like might actually happen. 
I got his biometrics scheduled for him for Monday and I submitted his medical application for him. After the required 48 hour waiting period, he was on the phone with the clinic, bugging them every hour and sweet talked them into squeezing him in on the 27th of this month.

If you’re wondering, the clinic told him it’s gonna be an extra 10,000 rupees on top of the exam fee for the 14 vaccines that are required if you don’t have a vaxx history. I’m assuming they combine some of those vaxxs since they’re US vaxxs but if they don’t, be prepared for 14 shots😂

God willing, our marriage certificate will make it there before Feb 4th! As much as I wanted to be there with Sidd for interview, the Covid restrictions & lack of interview notice makes it impossible for me to be there. This will work out better in the long run for us probably, will give him time to give his company proper notice, give him a chance to get his possessions he’s not taking with distributed, prevent me from having to be there for months (I’m a single mom) and will make booking a plane ticket for him much easier. I have flight credit from cancelled flights so I’ll go over and bring him home. I’ve told him that it’s only fair if he gets to suffer through 20+ hours of flying in economy with me at least once lol. 

I’ll keep y’all updated, best of luck to all of you!! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Siddsgal said:

An update on our case. 
We were originally gonna reschedule since I have our original marriage certificate & I can’t get there in the 2.5 week notice we got for interview but after a good nights sleep we figured we might as well try to get to the interview since been waiting over a year for it.

So since I can’t get there, I’m express shipping our original marriage certificate and all other legal documents I thought Sidd might need for interview. We’ve had horrible luck with shipping things to each other, so really praying this makes it there in time. 
Sidd was in process of renewing his rental agreement when we got IL and he needs that proof of address for his updated PCC so he’s been begging people last few days to get all that and PCC stuff done, which it’s now looking like might actually happen. 
I got his biometrics scheduled for him for Monday and I submitted his medical application for him. After the required 48 hour waiting period, he was on the phone with the clinic, bugging them every hour and sweet talked them into squeezing him in on the 27th of this month.

If you’re wondering, the clinic told him it’s gonna be an extra 10,000 rupees on top of the exam fee for the 14 vaccines that are required if you don’t have a vaxx history. I’m assuming they combine some of those vaxxs since they’re US vaxxs but if they don’t, be prepared for 14 shots😂

God willing, our marriage certificate will make it there before Feb 4th! As much as I wanted to be there with Sidd for interview, the Covid restrictions & lack of interview notice makes it impossible for me to be there. This will work out better in the long run for us probably, will give him time to give his company proper notice, give him a chance to get his possessions he’s not taking with distributed, prevent me from having to be there for months (I’m a single mom) and will make booking a plane ticket for him much easier. I have flight credit from cancelled flights so I’ll go over and bring him home. I’ve told him that it’s only fair if he gets to suffer through 20+ hours of flying in economy with me at least once lol. 

I’ll keep y’all updated, best of luck to all of you!! 

Thank you so very much for sharing. I sincerely pray that the certificate reaches mumbai on time and the interview is a success. 

14 shots is a pain. I do not know what my wife do about this. :)

Worst case scenario, my advice would be to not miss the interview. Explain the situation to the officer, be honest, show them the copies you have during the interview and can submit a new PCC or other original certificates later. Am not a lawyer but that is what I would ask my wife to do in a similar situation. :)

All the best!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.