badwolfxi

Vermont Service Center K1 Processing Times

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

I have had my k1 application at the VSC for the past year, I had been checking the processing times there every now and then but last time I checked they are only showing k3/k4 time estimates. They used to have k1 estimates as well. I did a search here and found a comment on a thread that said VSC stopped processing k1 applications a few months ago. I tried searching and did not see any official information on this. I was on the phone with a USCIS agent earlier and they said that my case was still pending security checks at the VSC.

Does anyone have this information about VSC not processing K1 applications at all? Please let me know if there is anything I should know with regards to the VSC  and their processing of k1 applications.

3 hours ago, badwolfxi said:

I have had my k1 application at the VSC for the past year, I had been checking the processing times there every now and then but last time I checked they are only showing k3/k4 time estimates. They used to have k1 estimates as well. I did a search here and found a comment on a thread that said VSC stopped processing k1 applications a few months ago. I tried searching and did not see any official information on this. I was on the phone with a USCIS agent earlier and they said that my case was still pending security checks at the VSC.

Does anyone have this information about VSC not processing K1 applications at all? Please let me know if there is anything I should know with regards to the VSC  and their processing of k1 applications.

VSC does not process routine I129Fs. All 129Fs are processed at the CSC, with the exception of a small handful that need additional vetting, generally due to the petitioner's criminal background.  There are VJ members who have had petitions stuck there for years.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

VSC does not process routine I129Fs. All 129Fs are processed at the CSC, with the exception of a small handful that need additional vetting, generally due to the petitioner's criminal background.  There are VJ members who have had petitions stuck there for years.

Well you can add us to that list, our petition was transferred there September 2020. I was just curious why k1 USED to show up when you looked at their processing times but now it only shows k3/k4.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.