Empress

INTERVIEWS IN JAMAICA

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I filed the for the K3 visa for my husband. We'd been married over 2 years when I applied. Everything went pretty smooth on their end...if anything took long it was because of our mistake. Anyhoo the NVC sent the package to the embassy in Jamaica at the end of January.

They have not assigned a date for the interview yet. Is anyone else in this situation with them? Looking at the signatures most people have an interview assigned within 2 months.

I'm just so frustrated now and I need some encouragement.

Married March 2003

Sept 30, 2005 mailed I-130 petition

October 3, 2006 USCIS received

October 6, 2005 NOA 1

November 2, 2005 NOA 2

November 20, 2005 Choice of Agent Sent by NVC

December 28, 2005 Choice of Agent sent by FedEx to NVC from JA

January 29, 2006 IV Application Fee Bill sent by NVC

March, 2006 IV Fee paid $380

April 3, 2006 Packet 3 sent by NVC

October, 2006 DS-230 part 1 and AOS sent to NVC

November 29, 2006 NVC informs of mistakes

December, 2006 corrections made and sent back to NVC

January 30, 2007 NVC completes case and forwards to Embassy in Kingston, Jamaica

July 18, 2007 per email from embassy interview set for September 6th, 2007 @ 7am

July 26, 2007 husband gets pre blood tested for marijuana ~ CLEAN!

July 27, 2007 per phone call to to Visa Office in DC interview set for September 4, 2007

July 30, 2007 email from Consular confirms new interview date of September 4, 2007 @ 12:30 p.m.

August 3, 2007 husband picks up packet 4 from post office

August 4 & 6 2007 I receive packet 4 in the mail

August 22, 2007 Medical (rescheduled due to Dean)

September 4, 2007 Interview DENIED (tested positive for marijuana and banned three years)

April 3, 2009 Divorce Final

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I filed the for the K3 visa for my husband. We'd been married over 2 years when I applied. Everything went pretty smooth on their end...if anything took long it was because of our mistake. Anyhoo the NVC sent the package to the embassy in Jamaica at the end of January.

They have not assigned a date for the interview yet. Is anyone else in this situation with them? Looking at the signatures most people have an interview assigned within 2 months.

Lately, it seems to be about 2 months time. Last I heard, they had given out all August dates and were looking at September.

If it has been since January, I would definately call them A LOT until I had some answers.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

NVC out to Interview timelines vary greatly with by country, so I would want to check with one of the regional forums to find out how long Jamaica is taking. At the same time, I would call DOS Visa information line frequently to check on the status of your case. At this point you definitely want to know if any name checks are completed.

Call them at 202.663.1225 then menu selections 1-0-0

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Thanks for the replies so far.

I actually stopped calling the embassy in Jamaica long distance and have been calling the DOS twice a week. They tell me the same thing. I just don't know what else to do.

Is there someone else I can talk to who can tell me why it's taking so long?

Married March 2003

October 6, 2005 NOA 1

November 2, 2005 NOA 2

January 30, 2007 NVC completes case and forwards to Embassy in Kingston, Jamaica

July 18, 2007 per email from embassy interview set for September 6th, 2007 @ 7am

July 27, 2007 per phone call to to Visa Office in DC interview set for September 4, 2007

July 30, 2007 email from Consular confirms new interview date of September 4, 2007 @ 12:30 p.m.

September 4, 2007 Interview DENIED (tested positive for marijuana and banned three years)

Timeline

I actually stopped calling the embassy in Jamaica long distance and have been calling the DOS twice a week. They tell me the same thing. I just don't know what else to do.

It's difficult to tell anybody why any part of this process is taking longer than normal. However, the value of any answer you get calling DOS will depend on the quality of the question. You want to know if any name checks have been completed. If not, when were they ordered. If completed, then you wait. If not completed, then you wait. Beyond that you need is an appropriate expectation for Jamaica specifically. Have you asked in the appropriate regional forum?

Please help yourself and all the VJ members by filling in your timeline. Which petition is at the Consulate?

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Why did you give up calling them? Because of the cost or the fact that they never answer the phones so you can't ge through.

Try today from 1:30-3:30 pm (Central Time---same as JA time). You do know they only answer the phones at certain times of the day right? Frustrating.....believe me, I do know.

Come on the most recent Yardies.........thread (under Carribean on this site. There is lots to learn there on this.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Well they have the same information if I call the DOS. It's cheaper and less time consuming ...they actually answer the phones and I can call everyday if I want.

But they still tell me they're waiting to assign him an interview date.

Married March 2003

October 6, 2005 NOA 1

November 2, 2005 NOA 2

Timeline

I don't want to break any forum rules....

Can I post this in the regional section too?

Married March 2003

October 6, 2005 NOA 1

November 2, 2005 NOA 2

Timeline

Why did you give up calling them? Because of the cost or the fact that they never answer the phones so you can't ge through.

Try today from 1:30-3:30 pm (Central Time---same as JA time). You do know they only answer the phones at certain times of the day right? Frustrating.....believe me, I do know.

Come on the most recent Yardies.........thread (under Carribean on this site. There is lots to learn there on this.

It just seems like an awful long time. You did say January, right?

Like I said, they seem to be limiting the interview times available now. They put everyone is some sort of waiting que and once the dates are full, they hold off scheduling for the next availables for a while. Pretty sure I did read someone say the August is full up now.

I'm sorry. When Andre went through this last year it seemed to be so much easier and straightforward for us. We got out interview date immediately and it was just under a month's time of waiting for it. I feel for all of you going through now. My prayers are with you.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

It just seems like an awful long time. You did say January, right?

Like I said, they seem to be limiting the interview times available now. They put everyone is some sort of waiting que and once the dates are full, they hold off scheduling for the next availables for a while. Pretty sure I did read someone say the August is full up now.

I'm sorry. When Andre went through this last year it seemed to be so much easier and straightforward for us. We got out interview date immediately and it was just under a month's time of waiting for it. I feel for all of you going through now. My prayers are with you.

I know you're posting in the K3 forum but you don't have a timeline and you still haven't confirmed which petition is at the Consulate. You don't go in the interview que for K3 until the P3 is returned and reviewed. You don't go into the CR1 inteview Que until any name checks are completed.

Please help us help you by providing the needed timeline information.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

I did my timeline right after you asked me too. :( I'll double check to make sure it's as accurate as can be. I estimated most dates because it has been a while.

I filed the for the K3 visa. I don't know what a P3 or CR1 is. sorry

When i call the embassy they told me to just wait for a date for the interview and that they didn't need anything else from me.

Married March 2003

October 6, 2005 NOA 1

November 2, 2005 NOA 2

Timeline
I did my timeline right after you asked me too. :( I'll double check to make sure it's as accurate as can be. I estimated most dates because it has been a while.

I filed the for the K3 visa. I don't know what a P3 or CR1 is. sorry

When i call the embassy they told me to just wait for a date for the interview and that they didn't need anything else from me.

Your timeline indicates only your I-130 petition is approved. That will not result in your spouse getting a K3 visa. CR1 is the visa that would result from an approved I-130. What happened to your I-129F petition? That's the one that results in a K3 visa.

Please read the guides to understand the process and please complete your timeline. It is incomplete. (No information on I-129F approval or, even having filed the I-129F petition)

Here's what you posted for a timeline.

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Jamaica

Marriage : 2003-03-10

I-130 Sent : 2005-09-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2005-10-14

I-129F Sent :

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F RFE(s) : No I-129F filed?

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :

NVC Received : 2006-09-29 The I-130 petition?

NVC Left : 2007-01-25

Consulate Received : 2007-01-30

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

I-130 Approval : 2005-11-04 REALLY 2005?

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Your I-130 was approved in 35 days.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Well I'm obviously a little confused. I filed the I-130 form. The petition was approved in about a month. The NVC sent me the package with the Affidavit of Support and part one of the Visa application within a month after that. I sent that back to them several months later. After I had to make some corrections on the Affidavit of Support they sent it to the embassy in Jamaica in January. I haven't looked at these forms in almost a year so I don't remember the numbers for them. And I;m not at home to clarify.

Can you please explain what a CR1 is?

and what is the difference between K3 and CR1?

Married March 2003

October 6, 2005 NOA 1

November 2, 2005 NOA 2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.