dollface41601

Monday..........

68 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I know how you're feeling, Dee. I was the same the last few days before Moh got here. My last night "alone" I had my gf, Shannon, stay over night with me. The day he arrived I was cool as a cucumber (went shopping and got a mani and pedi). Strange after about a week of no sleep and anxiety.
monday... rainy.. which I'm sure it will become muggy :( I'm sneezing my head off

And I still cant sleep.. everynight.. toss.. turn... and my mind is racing...

well I wish I could have my girlfriend sleep over but she is being a douchebag :angry: I have ZERO money to go doing anything to make myself "feel pretty" hair cut, dye, pedicure.. etc.. I gotta admit I am nervous about Sharing my space.. It's just been me and the boys for a while... and I am SO overwhelmed with everything I seem to have this #### it attitude.... I dont know.. I guess its PMS too :whistle::unsure:

06.14.2006 - Got Married in Alexandria, Egypt :) :) :)

05.23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!! inshallah.......

*** Interview is a SUCCESS !!!! *** now for a speedy AP!! inshallah...

06.18.2007 - Starting to Freak Out over this AP #######

06.27.2007 - Visa In Hand.. Alhamdulillah!

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

07.24.2007 - Mailed in AOS & EAD together to Chicago

It doesn't matter what you say

I just can't stay here every yesterday

Like keep on acting out the same

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

And make-believe we never needed

Any more than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cf6k4yJyv0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6lHwWwO3w

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So sleepy today despite my huge cup of iced coffee.

Dee, let go of all your worries. You've been dreaming of this day for more than a year!!! Give yourself a mani/pedi... It won't be quite as nice, but he won't know the difference. Figure out what you're going to wear when you see him the first time. It's going to be GREAT!!!

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: Timeline

Dee, I have to admit that the first two or three weeks that Moh was here I was having a bit of a rough time adjusting to sharing my space with another adult. I was so used to it being me and the boys (half the time only me) that it was a little hard to get used to having someone "invade" my space. Two months later I'm loving it!

Timeline
I can't take much more of this insane heat in TX. Holy Moly!!! I dunno how they do it!!!Tried to get electric in my name today but for some reason failed a credit check (which my credit is excellent so that doesn't make sense) and they were gonna charge me 400 dollars just to get their services. Heck no ! Not gonna happen. I've had a crappy day so far but I have high hopes that things will turn around and get better soon.....

Not to scare you but you really should order a credit report from all three (i think there are 3) of the sites.

Similar thing happened to me and I found out that someone had taken my ss# and taken out charge cards in my name, but had them sent to their house so that I didn't know about it to the tune of about $30k. (I was only 19 years old at the time!!!!)

Pays to stay on top of those reports. Hope it's just a mixup.

Dee I hear ya though I haven't started thinking about it much. It'd been me and the girls for 9 years so this will be a shocker to all 3 of us.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
i couldn't sleep last night either! i keep tossing and turning thinking about my fiance on AP for eternity! :( i got an email from casa today saying he is still pending AP. arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! over two weeks now! we just haven't been able to catch a break! :wacko:

and this morning i'm taking my mom to get a colonoscopy. fun stuff. :(

Jen, I wish I could tell you to try not to think about it...because that's just impossible. While Hicham was on AP for ETERNITY...I just kept myself as busy as possible. With a brand new baby, it wasn't hard to do, but I would definitely suggest finding something to do that would help take your mind off of it.

Before the baby came along, I volunteered ALOT with the Red Cross. I really enjoyed it and it did make the time go by much faster.

Inshallah, AP will be over quickly for you. :)

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Timeline
hi everyone. dee im with you on the mind racing thing!! last nite was awful!

id like to be posting right now that i am overjoyed, but instead i am posting that im freaking out. so i sent my passport and stuff out on thursday, okay cool i sent it overnite which meant it got there on friday morning....great...awesome...well saturday my mom comes home, i get a notice saying i have a package at the post office...#######?? already?? so we went and got it, sure i was soooooo happy to see that my passport was back...yep greattt...opened it up....surreee the visa is rightttt in there nice and purty......EXCEPT....i got my passport before Geo and i got married so it has my ex husbands last name in it...but i got it ammended after we got married, and i even putttt that on the application for the visa.......all of the other info is correct, but Geo is flippin out now because the visa was issued by the ministry of foriegn affairs in his last name not my previous..so now he is all sayin that if he wants to renew it he wont be able to because its in a different name.....so now im trying to get ahold of the saudi consulate...big joke since they open at 9am but arent able to take calls because of meetings til after 11.....and see what to do. and if i have to pay and stuff again...also if i gotta send it there is another 33 bucks for shipping to make sure i get it back..

on a good note, started packing..well arranging...leaving in 8 more days.

AGH!!!! Just 8 more days...so exciting for you! :dance:

I remember all the countdowns before going over to see Hicham...by the last day of work, I thought someone was going to have to slap me! I think the day before Hicham comes home, I'm going to need some kind of medication or something!!!!!!

Timeline
Dee, I have to admit that the first two or three weeks that Moh was here I was having a bit of a rough time adjusting to sharing my space with another adult. I was so used to it being me and the boys (half the time only me) that it was a little hard to get used to having someone "invade" my space. Two months later I'm loving it!

I'm sure i'll love it.. but for now it is making my mind RACE! :blink:

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

Any more than this...

Timeline
I know how you're feeling, Dee. I was the same the last few days before Moh got here. My last night "alone" I had my gf, Shannon, stay over night with me. The day he arrived I was cool as a cucumber (went shopping and got a mani and pedi). Strange after about a week of no sleep and anxiety.
monday... rainy.. which I'm sure it will become muggy :( I'm sneezing my head off

And I still cant sleep.. everynight.. toss.. turn... and my mind is racing...

well I wish I could have my girlfriend sleep over but she is being a douchebag :angry: I have ZERO money to go doing anything to make myself "feel pretty" hair cut, dye, pedicure.. etc.. I gotta admit I am nervous about Sharing my space.. It's just been me and the boys for a while... and I am SO overwhelmed with everything I seem to have this #### it attitude.... I dont know.. I guess its PMS too :whistle::unsure:

Deema- I've got a recipe for the cheapest "mix" that will make your skin buttery smooth, especially heels and elbows.

I usually do this in the tub, but get a bowl of sugar (1 cup should do ya) and a bottle of baby oil. Pinch some sugar in the palm of your hand and pour some baby oil on top of it to make a paste like mixture. Rub this on your elbows, knees, heels or whereever. Take a washcloth or a bath sponge and wash with some kind of body soap. I promise you when you rinse this off, your skin will be GREAT!!!! Very inexpensive too!!!!

Timeline
I can't take much more of this insane heat in TX. Holy Moly!!! I dunno how they do it!!!Tried to get electric in my name today but for some reason failed a credit check (which my credit is excellent so that doesn't make sense) and they were gonna charge me 400 dollars just to get their services. Heck no ! Not gonna happen. I've had a crappy day so far but I have high hopes that things will turn around and get better soon.....

Not to scare you but you really should order a credit report from all three (i think there are 3) of the sites.

Similar thing happened to me and I found out that someone had taken my ss# and taken out charge cards in my name, but had them sent to their house so that I didn't know about it to the tune of about $30k. (I was only 19 years old at the time!!!!)

Pays to stay on top of those reports. Hope it's just a mixup.

Dee I hear ya though I haven't started thinking about it much. It'd been me and the girls for 9 years so this will be a shocker to all 3 of us.

I agree. You should get a hold of your credit report(s) to see what might be going on.

Don't pay for one. Go to "annualcreditreport.com". You are supposed to get a free one from them each year. You should be able to download it immediately. Good luck. I have also had someone get my info and take money out of my account. Turned out to be someone that worked for a mortgage company that I was trying to refinance my mortgage with. AGH!

Timeline

thank you allousa.. I'll have to try it :)

now I am thinking... What should I have for lunch.... Hmmm

Option 1 - Chana Masala (spicy chickpeas) with paratha (flat bread) and kheer mohan(dessert)

option 2 - Cheese sub - lettuce, tomato and pickles w/ chips

Option 3 - Panera Mediterranian sandwich (pesto hummus, lettuce, cucumbers, Pepperdew peppers, etc) with lemonade and cookie

maybe i'll make a poll :P

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

Any more than this...

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

number one dee! yum!~!!

that's awful, allousa! apparently you can't trust ANYONE in this world... :(

i'm definitely keeping busy now...but my poor fiance can't take a job because he could be leaving at any moment (or not?!!) do you guys think i should go ahead and mention he should take a job, or wait it out a little longer? he said he didn't want to take a job because you work for say a month, then get paid after. so if he were to come here in two weeks he would have worked for free.hmm...

Edited by abdounjen

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Timeline
number one dee! yum!~!!

that's awful, allousa! apparently you can't trust ANYONE in this world... :(

i'm definitely keeping busy now...but my poor fiance can't take a job because he could be leaving at any moment (or not?!!) do you guys think i should go ahead and mention he should take a job, or wait it out a little longer? he said he didn't want to take a job because you work for say a month, then get paid after. so if he were to come here in two weeks he would have worked for free.hmm...

That's a tough one. Don't wanna work for free! If he can survive for a month or so I'd say just relax. He'll have plenty to do when he gets here. lol.

I told my husband I wish he'd stop working now since it gets in the way of stuff (we STILL don't have a flat and I leave in 10 days!!!) that needs to get done but he refuses to do nothing. :wacko:

option 3 'cause i love their lemonade and cookies

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

how long are you going to be in egypt?

i think its better he doesn't work, but see if he can find small side jobs to keep himself busy. he's getting more and more depressed about not having the visa yet and not being able to be productive.

yallahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh DoS! finish our AP pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee!

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Timeline
thank you allousa.. I'll have to try it :)

now I am thinking... What should I have for lunch.... Hmmm

Option 1 - Chana Masala (spicy chickpeas) with paratha (flat bread) and kheer mohan(dessert)

option 2 - Cheese sub - lettuce, tomato and pickles w/ chips

Option 3 - Panera Mediterranian sandwich (pesto hummus, lettuce, cucumbers, Pepperdew peppers, etc) with lemonade and cookie

maybe i'll make a poll :P

yup I made a poll..

so far it looks like #1 on MENA

(can you tell I dont feel like working?)

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

Any more than this...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.