strandedlost

Stokes interview (shes claiming fraud)

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

what i wonder is what they would actually think, your right, because im guessing that the U.S.C.I.S. doesnt really believe EVERYTHING on what they see/hear from the internet, so even if she has done all this, im sure they wont believe her.

But shes trying to find anything to have me pinned and in trouble, thats the sad part

what i wonder is what they would actually think, your right, because im guessing that the U.S.C.I.S. doesnt really believe EVERYTHING on what they see/hear from the internet, so even if she has done all this, im sure they wont believe her.

But shes trying to find anything to have me pinned and in trouble, thats the sad part

Bear in mind one crucial element, which is that although she was the USC petitioner, she is no longer your wife, or your petitioner at this time. The divorce removed her from the immigration process, in essence. Aside from some ineligibility issue that could come to light now that was not available at the time your green card was awarded, that would preclude USCIS from conferring permanent residence to you, it would take a clear case of fraud for USCIS to take action on the basis of an allegation she makes. An allegation is not proof. It would be her word over yours, and even then it would not come to pass without offering you the opportunity to rebut or refute with compelling evidence to the contrary. You are self-petitioning, and as such, any intervention she has with USCIS or ICE for that matter would have to be compelling on its face in order for the Service to take action. Does she have anything in writing from you to her, or to anyone else that admits that the marriage was entered into deceitfully or for fraudulent reasons?

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

no, she has no evidence of this that it was entered into deceitfully, (because it wasn't) HOWEVER, her parents might write a letter to her saying something like that, or some other members of her family, can that have any effect??? or no because of a "conflict of interest"?

no, she has no evidence of this that it was entered into deceitfully, (because it wasn't) HOWEVER, her parents might write a letter to her saying something like that, or some other members of her family, can that have any effect??? or no because of a "conflict of interest"?

Anyone can make allegations. What matters is if those allegations are supported by facts. Rest easy and do what you can to protect yourself. Perhaps you could have an attorney advise you of whether or not anything she's done is actionable, and if not I wouldn't think it a bad idea for counsel to send her eita cease and desist letter, alerting her to the fact that you know what she has been doing. Other than that, there's no need worrying about something before its necessary. If there is some report of fraud, then prior to adjudicating the I-751 waiver, you'll know about it. :)

"diaddie mermaid"

and when you do a FOIA(Freedom of Information Act), what does that actually contain? does it contain ALL your documents that you filed PLUS any allegegations one has made against another so that person knows whats comming???

I would suspect that an FOIA request for your file at USCIS would return copies of all contents of the file.

"diaddie mermaid"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

As I understand it,

A "stokes" style interview is where they separate you and ask you questions about your relationship and living situation and then compare answers in order to verify that the couple is living together. I just had a friend that went through one of these type of interviews.

Since you are no longer in the marriage I cannot see them attempting to do such an interview. I would get an attorney.

t

or is a "stokes interview" only for married couples who immigration believes is just a "friend-helping-out-a-friend" thing?? on an AOS??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.