A&C2020

Booking an interview - K1

4 posts in this topic

Hi All, 

Hoping someone can clarify. So I have submitted my DS-160 and created an account on ais.usvisa. So this is where I am now confused, it is asking me to pay visa fees but I thought this was done after selecting an interview date? Does this need to be paid now to move onto the next step? Also I have been reading different UK embassy pages it says the embassy will send you an interview date? And other pages it says interview dates will come up online through that ais.usvisa site which you then book. Can anyone clarify? Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, A&C2020 said:

Also I have been reading different UK embassy pages it says the embassy will send you an interview date?

No the embassy in London quit assigning interview dates to K1s a number of years ago. Dates are chosen through the ais immigrant visa site, the green one, not the blue non-immigrant ais page. 

Concerning the order you asked about—

These are the instructions provided in the embassy website

• Select “I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions to register or schedule a K visa appointment”;
  • Follow the onscreen instructions to register an account;
  • If you have children applying under your case number, you may “add” applicants to your account after you have added your own details.
  • You will be asked to select your delivery method for the return of your passport if your visa application is successful. Delivery to a courier depot is free. If you wish to upgrade to home/office delivery you can pay an additional fee through your account;
  • Pay the MRV application fee;
  • You will then be offered the first available interview date, but you may choose any available date. Note: You may schedule an appointment to take place after the petition expiration date, provided that you bring to your interview a signed letter from your petitioner confirming that you both remain legally free to marry and that you will marry within 90 days of your arrival in the United States.
  • Please go to “Print Instructions” in order to print your courier confirmation page. You must bring this with you on the day of the visa interview.

For more tips and guidance on booking your visa interview, please see our instructional SlideShare presentation at http://www.slideshare.net/USAinUK/us-immigrant-visas-how-to-book-a-visa-interview-appointment

You can find that K1 information and instruction here https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

I’m not sure why they have that Step 1 in the list about registering for the courier because it happens in Step 4 when you go in to book the interview. That used to not be on the page. It’s confusing.

This is the order I suggest:

1. Complete the DS-160. Save as you work on it.
  2. Gather/order everything you will need for the medical exam. Get you shots. See list of what to bring to exam. https://visamedicals.co.uk/united-states/
  3. Gather all documents needed for interview. Read the details https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/required-documents/
  4. Call clinic and get an exam date. 020 7486 7822.  Allow a week between medical and interview for best results.
  5. Book interview, pay fee, and arrange courier (as discussed above)
Edited by Wuozopo

4 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

No the embassy in London quit assigning in interview dates to K1s a number of years ago. Dates are chosen through the ais immigrant visa site, the green one, not the blue non-immigrant ais page. 

These are the instructions provided in the embassy website

Select “I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions to register or schedule a K visa appointment”;

• Follow the onscreen instructions to register an account;
  • If you have children applying under your case number, you may “add” applicants to your account after you have added your own details.
  • You will be asked to select your delivery method for the return of your passport if your visa application is successful. Delivery to a courier depot is free. If you wish to upgrade to home/office delivery you can pay an additional fee through your account;
  • Pay the MRV application fee;
  • You will then be offered the first available interview date, but you may choose any available date. Note: You may schedule an appointment to take place after the petition expiration date, provided that you bring to your interview a signed letter from your petitioner confirming that you both remain legally free to marry and that you will marry within 90 days of your arrival in the United States.
  • Please go to “Print Instructions” in order to print your courier confirmation page. You must bring this with you on the day of the visa interview.

For more tips and guidance on booking your visa interview, please see our instructional SlideShare presentation at http://www.slideshare.net/USAinUK/us-immigrant-visas-how-to-book-a-visa-interview-appointment

You can find that K1 information and instruction here https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

I’m not sure why they have that Step 1 in the list about registering for the courier because it happens in Step 4 when you go in to book the interview. That used to not be on the page. It’s confusing.

This is the order I suggest:

1. Complete the DS-160. Save as you work on it.
  2. Gather/order everything you will need for the medical exam. Get you shots. See list of what to bring to exam. https://visamedicals.co.uk/united-states/
  3. Gather all documents needed for interview. Read the details https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/required-documents/
  4. Call clinic and get an exam date. 020 7486 7822.  Allow a week between medical and interview for best results.
  5. Book interview, pay fee, and arrange courier (as discussed above)
  •  

Thank you so much for the response. I have registered as per step 1 already (followed that instruction page) but I'll hold off paying the fees/booking in interview (assuming this is ok to leave the account open as it is). Waiting on the rest of my shots to be done over the next few weeks (already booked in with the GP) so I'll call the medical place and book in an appointment once this has all be updated on medical files, then book an interview on that online portal for a week/two after the medical. Does that seem ok leaving the pay fee section open for a few weeks? Thanks once again for the advice! Greatly appreciated 🙏 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
7 minutes ago, A&C2020 said:

Does that seem ok leaving the pay fee section open for a few weeks?

Yes. You could leave it months if you wanted to.
You may not find anything available the first time you look. Appointments are a bit scare right now. Keep logging back in until you find one. Grab whatever you can, even if it doesn’t leave much time between the medical and interview. They will still interview you, but you will then have to wait on somebody to get back to your case in their “to do” pile once your medical results arrive. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.