NoMansLand2020

Meeting fiancée and kids in Dubai

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

How complicated would it be for my fiancée and her two kids to meet me in Dubai? Would she be harassed at the airport? I don't want to buy tickets and make reservations if there would be any slightest doubts she would not be able to board the plane in Manila. 

On 9/7/2021 at 9:15 PM, NoMansLand2020 said:

How complicated would it be for my fiancée and her two kids to meet me in Dubai? Would she be harassed at the airport? I don't want to buy tickets and make reservations if there would be any slightest doubts she would not be able to board the plane in Manila. 

Does she already have passports? I am trying to rendezvous with a special friend as well, she is having a hard time getting her passport.

I am hopefully trying to meet mine in Costa Rica area 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Joe Kano said:

Does she already have passports? I am trying to rendezvous with a special friend as well, she is having a hard time getting her passport.

I am hopefully trying to meet mine in Costa Rica area 

Yes, they all have passports. I looked at Costa Rica. But airfare alone for all three would be pushing $4000.

Edited by NoMansLand2020

4 hours ago, NoMansLand2020 said:

Yes, they all have passports. I looked at Costa Rica. But airfare alone for all three would be pushing $4000.

As "Hey Joe" says, its going to be a crapshoot on whether she can leave without any issues.  Normally when traveling out of the country with children, it becomes a little easier from the perspective of meeting a significant other overseas.  This will be easier if the birth certificates have no father listed on them.  If there is a father, most likely she will need a DSWD travel clearance if the children are minors.

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Timeline
2 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

As "Hey Joe" says, its going to be a crapshoot on whether she can leave without any issues.  Normally when traveling out of the country with children, it becomes a little easier from the perspective of meeting a significant other overseas.  This will be easier if the birth certificates have no father listed on them.  If there is a father, most likely she will need a DSWD travel clearance if the children are minors.

Why would she need DSWD clearance? She's never been married. 

1 hour ago, NoMansLand2020 said:

Why would she need DSWD clearance? She's never been married. 

Since the mother was never married, the child would then be classified as illegitimate and she would not need the DSWD as she would be the sole legal guardian. 

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

17 hours ago, NoMansLand2020 said:

Costa Rica is kinda a pain to book after looking some more.  If the Philippines isn't opened up by April 2022, I will probably meet in Thailand or somewhere like that where they have some night life

Currently you can book Manila to Lima Peru with visa free transit for Filipino passports in Istanbul and Panama, round trip for $1,071 if you check on https://www.turkishairlines.com and select flights where the return flight to Manila is January 2022 or later.   My wife took that route in May.  No problem for Filipino passport.   Manila to Cartagena Colombia is only $1,300 on the same dates.  Those are about the lowest prices you will ever see from the Philippines to South America.  If trying to book Philippines to Costa Rica its probably best to fly Qatar Airways from either Cebu or Clark and transiting Doha and Madrid for visa free routing for Filipino passports.  Search on https://www.qatarairways.com and you can find $2800 round trip to San Jose Costa Rica.   Make sure you only chose the Philippines-Doha-Madrid-San Jose routing though since searches may also offered flights transiting US which is of course no bueno.  The issue causing the crazy prices is the return flights due to Philippine government imposed inbound capacity limits.  The airlines are often forced to fly half empty planes inbound.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, top_secret said:

Currently you can book Manila to Lima Peru with visa free transit for Filipino passports in Istanbul and Panama, round trip for $1,071 if you check on https://www.turkishairlines.com and select flights where the return flight to Manila is January 2022 or later.   My wife took that route in May.  No problem for Filipino passport.   Manila to Cartagena Colombia is only $1,300 on the same dates.  Those are about the lowest prices you will ever see from the Philippines to South America.  If trying to book Philippines to Costa Rica its probably best to fly Qatar Airways from either Cebu or Clark and transiting Doha and Madrid for visa free routing for Filipino passports.  Search on https://www.qatarairways.com and you can find $2800 round trip to San Jose Costa Rica.   Make sure you only chose the Philippines-Doha-Madrid-San Jose routing though since searches may also offered flights transiting US which is of course no bueno.  The issue causing the crazy prices is the return flights due to Philippine government imposed inbound capacity limits.  The airlines are often forced to fly half empty planes inbound.

Thanks for the info. That it still quite expensive as I would be paying for not only my fiancée, but her two young children. Its just too expensive to fly really anywhere out of Asia for three people. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.