jamyleandkhadijah

Father-in-inlaw is the sponsor

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello my good VJers. I really would like to thank you all for your kind advice to people like me who knows less about immigration processes......My wife's father i.e my father-in-law is the sponsorer and he is the one filling the I-134 plus all other of his financial documents like bank statements,tax income return for the last 3yrs,letter from his employer,pay stub and other financial documents. Now the question is do i need to submit my wife's financial papers too>> Someone please tell me what to do as our interview is set for the 11th of july which is 4days from now........Any piece is advice would be appreciated as usual...

Regards,

Jamil

Met online

Filed for K1--> Denied 2005

-------------------------------------------

Married and filed for K3 2006

Got K3 this time --->August 2007

Entered the US-----> September 2007

Waiting to Adjust Status--->..............

***Live Like You Are Going To Die Tomorrow,

Dream Like You Are Going To Live Forever!***

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hello my good VJers. I really would like to thank you all for your kind advice to people like me who knows less about immigration processes......My wife's father i.e my father-in-law is the sponsorer and he is the one filling the I-134 plus all other of his financial documents like bank statements,tax income return for the last 3yrs,letter from his employer,pay stub and other financial documents. Now the question is do i need to submit my wife's financial papers too>> Someone please tell me what to do as our interview is set for the 11th of july which is 4days from now........Any piece is advice would be appreciated as usual...

Regards,

Jamil

Your wife's financial papers are also needed. The father in-law can only be a co-sponsor. If you'r using an I-134 for her father, you need one from her too. You do not submit them. You turn them over if and when asked for them.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Regards,

Jamil

Your wife's financial papers are also needed. The father in-law can only be a co-sponsor. If you'r using an I-134 for her father, you need one from her too. You do not submit them. You turn them over if and when asked for them.

I thought it was different for a non-immigrant visa and the I-134? And then when they adjust status, the wife has to be the sponsor and the father-in-law co-sponsor on the I-864. Or is that since they will eventually have to adjust status on the K3 or complete the I-130, the interviewer might ask now for his wife's financial documents?

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Timeline

Regards,

Jamil

I thought it was different for a non-immigrant visa and the I-134? And then when they adjust status, the wife has to be the sponsor and the father-in-law co-sponsor on the I-864. Or is that since they will eventually have to adjust status on the K3 or complete the I-130, the interviewer might ask now for his wife's financial documents?

K visas are adjudicated by immigrant visa units because they have immigrant intent. The PI, for instance, won't accept any sponsor but the USC Fiance as sole sponsor. No co-sponsors are accepted. There may be a Consulate out there accepting somebody other than the Fiance or Spouse as primary sponsor for K visas but I don't know of it.

Other non-immigrant visa applicants can be supported by any sponsor.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Timeline

for K3 and K1, if there is a co (joint) sponsor, both the primary (spouse) sponsor and the joint sponsor have to complete the I-134 for the consular interview. And then again, they both must complete an I-864 for the AOS later.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Regards,

Jamil

K visas are adjudicated by immigrant visa units because they have immigrant intent. The PI, for instance, won't accept any sponsor but the USC Fiance as sole sponsor. No co-sponsors are accepted. There may be a Consulate out there accepting somebody other than the Fiance or Spouse as primary sponsor for K visas but I don't know of it.

Thanks for clearing that up. I must have read some misleading information somewhere.

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

25 May 2007 - NOA2

Timeline

Please note i am willing at the embassy for CR1 interview. Do i still need to submit my wife's financial docs?

Met online

Timeline
Please note i am willing at the embassy for CR1 interview. Do i still need to submit my wife's financial docs?

Well, you have no timeline and you posted in the K3 visa forum, so we've been giving you information based on that.

Let's start over. You have an appointment for a CR1 interview? Please fill in your timeline.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

If you're going for a CR1 interview, you must have your wife's documents, and she should be your main sponsor and the father-in-law should be the co-sponsor. The I-134 does not figure into the CR1 visa process. That's only for non-immigrant visas.

US Immigration Timeline

25 May 2007 - NOA2

I should be more clear. No matter what, as pushbrk corrected me, with the K visas or with the CR1 visa, your wife must be the sponsor and your father-in-law is the co-sponsor. For a K3 both your spouse and father-in-law must fill out the I-134 and give you their financial documents. For the CR1, both of them must fill out the I-864 and give you their financial documents.

US Immigration Timeline

25 May 2007 - NOA2

Filed: Timeline

pushbrk,

There is no requirement that the petitioner must be the financial sponsor for a K visa applicant. The sponsor can be anyone who meets the financial requirements and who the consular officer believe will actually put out the money should it be required.

Yodrak

Regards,

Jamil

khjandjamil,

Yes.

Yodrak

Quote pushbrk!

The PI, for instance, won't accept any sponsor but the USC Fiance as sole sponsor. No co-sponsors are accepted

I think you should check this out a bit farther!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline
Quote pushbrk!
The PI, for instance, won't accept any sponsor but the USC Fiance as sole sponsor. No co-sponsors are accepted

I think you should check this out a bit farther!

This has been reported multiple times, although recently somebody aluded to the possibility of making an exception. It is out of the ordinary.

Guangzhou, Consulate requires the fiance or spouse to provide financial information regardless of any additional sponsorship. If I-134's are used and they strongly suggest them, they require one from the fiance or spouse.

Nothing is binding before the I-864 is filed anyway. The Consulates want to see the financial picture of the spouse or intended spouse before granting a visa with immigrant intent, even if that person has no income or assets at the moment. (Students, etc.)

If somebody has direct evidence that contradicts the above, please provide it.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Thank you all very much. My wife does not have much income as at now becos she is a student that is why her father is standing as the sponsor for us, thou the father has completed the I-864 and submitted that to the NVC during the process, what i am trying to understand is now that my wife does not have much income or assets at the moment does she still need to complete the I-134 with her father?

Met online

Timeline
Thank you all very much. My wife does not have much income as at now becos she is a student that is why her father is standing as the sponsor for us, thou the father has completed the I-864 and submitted that to the NVC during the process, what i am trying to understand is now that my wife does not have much income or assets at the moment does she still need to complete the I-134 with her father?

Thank you all very much. My wife does not have much income as at now becos she is a student that is why her father is standing as the sponsor for us, thou the father has completed the I-864 and submitted that to the NVC during the process, what i am trying to understand is now that my wife does not have much income or assets at the moment does she still need to complete the I-134 with her father?...........And also when the CO ask to see my financial documents which do i present HER FATHER'S OR MY WIFE'S ???? Please help me .

Jamil

Met online

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.