Sam and Viv

Delayed Medical to Two Days Before K1 Appointment - IOM Nairobi

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hello all,

My (Ugandan) fiance and I are nearing the K1 Medical and Interview and we had success last month in scheduling our Medical exam with IOM in Nairobi, Kenya on August 19, with her interview following the next week on August 26. After receiving these confirmations of both the Medical exam and Interview, we went ahead and booked our plane flight. We just received a call from IOM today stating they will be closed on Aug 19 and that we needed to reschedule our medical appointment to August 24. Is two days enough for the medical results to reach the embassy? Will she still be able to have her interview and the results may just be delayed based on receiving of the medical results? Any positive input is appreciated. All other input will also be appreciated and taken with a grain of salt 😄. Many thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sam and Viv said:

Hello all,

My (Ugandan) fiance and I are nearing the K1 Medical and Interview and we had success last month in scheduling our Medical exam with IOM in Nairobi, Kenya on August 19, with her interview following the next week on August 26. After receiving these confirmations of both the Medical exam and Interview, we went ahead and booked our plane flight. We just received a call from IOM today stating they will be closed on Aug 19 and that we needed to reschedule our medical appointment to August 24. Is two days enough for the medical results to reach the embassy? Will she still be able to have her interview and the results may just be delayed based on receiving of the medical results? Any positive input is appreciated. All other input will also be appreciated and taken with a grain of salt 😄. Many thanks.

Well sorry about that delay. Here's my input; whether 2 days is enough for the medical results to reach the embassy is dependent on 2 factors,  if at IOM they'll find anything that's not in order with your fiance medically and if they've got backlog. But either way you can still attend the interview even before the results get to the embassy (unless advised otherwise at IOM) you'll just be put on Administrative processing till the embassy receives the results. Once cleared by IOM, if the embassy retained their passport after interview it will be processed then issued and if not they'll request you to send the passport to the embassy via DHL for processing. 

I've written alot but hope it makes sense to you. 

Timeline

Shu Josh, thank you for your response. It does indeed make sense and seems possible! It brings peace as well knowing it will all continue to move on as well, even if a bit clunky.

Have you heard of any cases getting medical pushed after the interview?

Timeline
12 hours ago, Sam and Viv said:

Shu Josh, thank you for your response. It does indeed make sense and seems possible! It brings peace as well knowing it will all continue to move on as well, even if a bit clunky.

Have you heard of any cases getting medical pushed after the interview?

I did not quite get your question, kindly rephrase.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I had my medical on a Thursday and my K-1 interview the following Monday (so about ~2 business days in between the two). 

It took exactly 2 weeks for the embassy in Sweden to receive my medical results. It was never an issue.

The other K-1 applicant who was interviewed at the same date as me hadn't even booked his medical yet. He hadn't decided which clinic to go to.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline

Thank you both for your responses.

Shu Josh, I just was asking if you have heard of anyone doing a medical exam after their K1 interview.

Although an update, after a bit of pressure IOM was able to help us out and shift us to the week before. Sometimes emailing does help!

Timeline
On 8/13/2021 at 1:10 PM, Sam and Viv said:

Thank you both for your responses.

Shu Josh, I just was asking if you have heard of anyone doing a medical exam after their K1 interview.

Although an update, after a bit of pressure IOM was able to help us out and shift us to the week before. Sometimes emailing does help!

Okay 👍 I'm glad you were assisted. All the best.

On 8/10/2021 at 4:54 PM, Sam and Viv said:

Hello all,

Hello, how long did it take you to get an appointment with IOM?

Timeline

Hi @MikiMo,

If requesting a medical appointment with IOM Kenya, send an email to iomnbomedical@iom.int with your name and confirmation of visa appointment letter.

Example of email body:

"Hello, I am (Insert Name), from (Insert Country). I am requesting a medical appointment at the IOM health assessment center in Girigiri, Nairobi-Kenya. I have attached a scanned copy of my passport and the appointment letter for my (Visa Type) visa scheduled for (Date of Visa Appointment). I am requesting a medical appointment on (Date you want medical).

Thank you, please let me know if you need anything and guide me respectively."

For our case we sent our request for a medical appointment with IOM on July 10, 2021, they responded by asking for a telephone number, then we asked for a confirmation of the date confirmed and they were able to officially confirm our medical appointment on July 16, 2021. In total it took 6 days to schedule medical, but you have to be sure you already have your visa appointment scheduled.

59 minutes ago, Sam and Viv said:

Hi @MikiMo,

If requesting a medical appointment with IOM Kenya, send an email to iomnbomedical@iom.int with your name and confirmation of visa appointment letter.

Example of email body:

"Hello, I am (Insert Name), from (Insert Country). I am requesting a medical appointment at the IOM health assessment center in Girigiri, Nairobi-Kenya. I have attached a scanned copy of my passport and the appointment letter for my (Visa Type) visa scheduled for (Date of Visa Appointment). I am requesting a medical appointment on (Date you want medical).

Thank you, please let me know if you need anything and guide me respectively."

For our case we sent our request for a medical appointment with IOM on July 10, 2021, they responded by asking for a telephone number, then we asked for a confirmation of the date confirmed and they were able to officially confirm our medical appointment on July 16, 2021. In total it took 6 days to schedule medical, but you have to be sure you already have your visa appointment scheduled.

Thank you for the confirmation

• 10 months later...

Hello, I applied for my Canadian study permit medical on June 28, 2022 and has been waiting for the appointment to date (July 7), almost 21 days:

My classes begin in September 6, 2022 and the delay is all getting me nervous: I do not understand why I have to wait this long -

Any positive input is appreciated. Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.