tonyg279

I-751 transferred after N-400 approval

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hello everyone, something strange happened to my wife's status. She had her N-400 interview a couple of days ago, she passed the test, and the officer told her to wait her mail notification for the ceremony. We just got an update on her removal of condition I-751 today. It says the case was transferred and a new office has jurisdiction. What seems weird is the officer did not ask about her I-751 case, did not even mentioned it, she just went ahead with the naturalization test and interview. As far as i know they can not adjudicate naturalization before closing the removal of conditions on her residence. Did somebody go through the same experience? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 8/5/2021 at 2:33 PM, tonyg279 said:

Hello everyone, something strange happened to my wife's status. She had her N-400 interview a couple of days ago, she passed the test, and the officer told her to wait her mail notification for the ceremony. We just got an update on her removal of condition I-751 today. It says the case was transferred and a new office has jurisdiction. What seems weird is the officer did not ask about her I-751 case, did not even mentioned it, she just went ahead with the naturalization test and interview. As far as i know they can not adjudicate naturalization before closing the removal of conditions on her residence. Did somebody go through the same experience? 

The i751 has to be concluded first before citizenship. What that means is that she will still attend or get a waived interview for the ROC before she can be sworn in as a USC. 

the transfer is not a problem and it’s a normal thing 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Thank you Abies for the reply, i thought the same officer who did the N-400 interview was going to adjudicate the I-751 before proceeding with the N-400

that is where the confusion comes from. We got a notification by mail that her I-751 was transferred to NBC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.